Kids Furious, Cd Player Not Reading, Quick Repair?

THAIPHUKET

there is a service center at Icon plaza . try your luck there ,

the shop name is Armond there repair and service household stuff .

you might just be able to replace the laser . not 100% sure but i did got my battery fix there for my camera charger

A new one for 650 baht at Tesco

this might be an option, however, it's a rather neat compilation of woofer, external speakers , etc worth preserving it.

Take it to PanTip??? And to whom there?

Would be a very cheap nasty set up if the external speakers, woofers etc are somehow welded in (like some power plugs are on cheap units). Even on the cheapest gear you can connect your existing externals to any old or new DVD player. A new DVD player will not have them built in either.

A new one for 650 baht at Tesco

this might be an option, however, it's a rather neat compilation of woofer, external speakers , etc worth preserving it.

Take it to PanTip??? And to whom there?

Would be a very cheap nasty set up if the external speakers, woofers etc are somehow welded in (like some power plugs are on cheap units). Even on the cheapest gear you can connect your existing externals to any old or new DVD player. A new DVD player will not have them built in either and there is no need to worry about whether the old bits will marry up well with the new bits - unless you are a hifi buff and your existing set up is high end.

Can almost guarantee that an electronics repairer will tell you to throw it away and offer you another one in the 600 baht to 1500 baht price range. No harm in trying though.

Probably worth spending over 1,000 baht rather than under. Some of the cheap units do not permit you to use an HDM1 cable connection - worthwhile if you have a good quality flatscreen TV. If however its just for the kids - my one year old keeps pulling the unit off the TV table and pulling the cables out, so I would be right alongside you here - then go for Tesco's least finest and cheapest and use the three-coloured cheapo leads that come with it.