A Lot Of Air Activity Today

thaitar

coma.

re ... F16A/B's

is this one ? ... thats what was flying round here yesterday

dave2

L-39 Albatros trainers.. Those buzz around here just about every day. Wing 41 exercises. Not nearly as noisy as the F-16's when they come around.

Yes. Thiawx is spot on ;) . This is a Czech designed L-39 Albatros trainer thats is also used in the light ground attack role. It is indeed a Wing 41 aircraft that is permanantly stationed here in Chiang Mai . They fly around here every other day. Mostly they fly off and do training mission elsewhere. However when they are doing touch and go manouvre's it involves endless curcuits of the city hence the large amount of air traffic activity and associated noise :( . Great photo. Hope you didn't take it from your bedroom window. LOL. :D

coma and thaiwx

well you two obviously know what your talking about : )

re ... Hope you didn't take it from your bedroom window

nahhh ... hang dong road ... this is the view i wake up to every morning

dave2

That is a great view to be waking up to every morning Dave 2. I was just a little worried you were living at the und of the runway :D . Have a good weekend.

coma and thaiwx

well you two obviously know what your talking about : )

re ... Hope you didn't take it from your bedroom window

nahhh ... hang dong road ... this is the view i wake up to every morning

dave2

That is a great view to be waking up to every morning Dave 2. I was just a little worried you were living at the und of the runway :D . Have a good weekend.

That is a great view to start off your day with. Looks like up around the San Sai area judging from Doi Suthep's position.

They have been preparing for Children's Day...which is TODAY so prepare for a heck of a lot more noise for longer periods.

I got stuck at he airport once for threee hours on Children's Day a few years ago because flights are delayed so the airforce can show off thier flying skills.

Just a pity they don't have any Red Arrows here. :(

They have been preparing for Children's Day...which is TODAY so prepare for a heck of a lot more noise for longer periods.

I got stuck at he airport once for threee hours on Children's Day a few years ago because flights are delayed so the airforce can show off thier flying skills.

Didn't they pass through here a year or two ago? Great team. Wouldn't mind seeing the Thunderbirds and/or Blue Angels either but not going to hold my breath for them either.:whistling:

Didn't they pass through here a year or two ago? Great team. Wouldn't mind seeing the Thunderbirds and/or Blue Angels either but not going to hold my breath for them either.:whistling:

Yes they did pass through a few years ago. Just an overnight stay. No display. When they departed the next day they took off in a tight formation and and flew close round Doi Suthip, off to India. They looked like a flock of birds above the trees.

Edited by CNXBKKMAN