2011 Pajero Sport Minor Change

What, pray tell, is "the axle issue"? Is it that well known? Sorry for my ignorance if it is discussed earlier in this or another thread.....

Yes it's around in other stuff that a few Pajaro owners have had their rear ends develop axle whines. Mitsu have repaired then replaced under guarantee but still have probs. One member states that Mitsu knows of the problem. ;)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's around in other stuff that a few Pajaro owners have had their rear ends develop axle whines. Mitsu have repaired then replaced under guarantee but still have probs. One member states that Mitsu knows of the problem. ;)

I spend more time on Thai language auto-related websites than I do here, and so far I've only seen a grand total of 3 owners reporting an issue with the differential on their Pajero Sport (and who knows what mitigating factors were involved), which makes this issue a whole lot less common than say noisy rear suspension, warped brake discs, clutch failures or diff problems on vehicles like Value Innovative Global Outstanding's ;)

This axle issue wouldn't manifest itself in squealing when coming to stop, would it??

No, that'll most likely be brakes - take it to the dealer and you'll have no issues getting them to look at it.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

This axle issue wouldn't manifest itself in squealing when coming to stop, would it??

Do you still get the squealing noise when your wife isnt in the passenger seat?

:lol:

I see the Mitsu Thailand website has not been updated as yet with any information about these model changes :huh:

I see the Mitsu Thailand website has not been updated as yet with any information about these model changes :huh:

because they are slow , webmaster is sleeping :)

because they are slow , webmaster is sleeping :)

Even the staff in mitsu dealerships have nothing but their "loan sheet" for the 2011.. not even a brochure.

Idiot dealer even had the nerve to tell me the 2wd is 165hp while on the price sheet it says all models 178hp, she obviously denied it even after i pointed it out.

At Mitsu now. Doing the breaks again, 4th time. They reckon new model not coming till next month.

New model was in my local Big C two day's ago. The metal strip on the door panel had already come OFF. Spoke to the rep about it, reply, no problem if you buy we can STICK it back on again. TIT. Duck tape that's the thing. Edited by fredob43

Official launch date January 13.

Delayed cos fixing the rear end noise. I hear it's been cured with in car ear muff's. :D

Only joking ( I think :huh: )

LOL, you can let it go now, > 14,000 units sold, and 3 have rear diff problems ;) Go visit any brand's dealership and count the overnighters with red plates and you'll find that this is a pretty good statistic ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

And here it is, in the new brown color (not a fan):

2011pjs1.jpg

2011pjs2.jpg

Only visible difference from the 2008-2010 models are the headlight washer pop-ups and a slightly more prominent front bumper to accommodate them. Oh, and that awful color ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

And here it is, in the new brown color (not a fan):

2011pjs1.jpg

2011pjs2.jpg

Only visible difference from the 2008-2010 models are the headlight washer pop-ups and a slightly more prominent front bumper to accommodate them. Oh, and that awful color ;)

Like a woman, true beauty is on the inside...engine, safety, and comfort specs :D

MRO, any pics of the interior?

It's identical to the 2010 model, only difference is that the front passenger chair is also electric. Stereo for the TH model is the same as 2010 model too BTW, the "other" stereo spotted is for export models only.

2011pjs3.jpg

2011pjs4.jpg

2011pjs5.jpg

2011pjs6.jpg

2011pjs7.jpg

2011pjs8.jpg

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

All look's quite nice But the thing's I dont like.

Inside.

1. The tacky looking radio Hi Fi set up.

2. The front seat's now have two of them.

3. The wheel arch's that protrude into the rear. Reducing space.

4. The rear air con: set up.

Out side.

5. Most of all the gap between the wheel's and the wheel arch. Ok if you want someware to sleep I supose.

Sorry about that. But just some of reason's why I didn't buy one.

Edited by fredob43

All look's quite nice But the thing's I dont like.

Inside.

1. The tacky looking radio Hi Fi set up.

2. The front seat's now have two of them.

3. The wheel arch's that protrude into the rear. Reducing space.

4. The rear air con: set up.

Out side.

5. Most of all the gap between the wheel's and the wheel arch. Ok if you want someware to sleep I supose.

Sorry about that. But just some of reason's why I didn't buy one.

It's funny, different strokes for different folks.

1. I much prefer the idea of getting a true high-end Alpine stereo worth 37K Baht over an OEM unit worth maybe half that. MU-7 goes further with amps and subwoofer all Kenwood gear (a lower brand than Alpine, but more of it). I've never been a fan of OEM stereos though, YMMV.

2. The front seats are great. Comfy, supportive and fatigue-free. Perforated leather breathes too, so never hot/cold or sticky.

3. The rear design with the seats folding flat into the floors provides better visibility in 5-seats mode, and higher/flat floor is easier for loading/unloading.

4. Rear aircon design on PJS is more efficient due to shorter cold-air plumbing, and pipes not getting heated by the roof/sun.

5. Car remains the correct posture when loaded, and also retains plenty of suspension travel when loaded. Both Fortuner and MU-7 drag their ass on the ground, and blind oncoming traffic at night, and feel like their riding close/on bump stops when loaded.

As a tourer, the Pajero Sport is the best by far. You don't notice the extra weight of people and luggage like other makes, ride comfort is maintained when loaded, and has ~100KM more range each tank for same fuel used (which made a huge difference when the gas stations looked more like parking lots in New Years traffic, and we could just keep going past them heh). Around town is has the best turning circle of all PPV's, better visibility in (normal) 5-seats mode as seats fold into the floor rather than over rear side windows, handy storage space in the rear (where I keep some tools, spare bulbs etc), and easier loading/unloading of shopping etc. Not to mention a 4 year newer design :)

:D

Could not agree more with MRO's comments.....a great car!

Around town is has the best turning circle of all PPV's

Actually better than some sedans.......the Civic has a wider radius. In my opinion this is one of the best features of the PS in this, the land of the u-turn :lol:

Edited by CDNinKS

Personally, i LOVE the brown color, wish this came out sooner, would've been my choice,

also noticing the 4 reversing sensors as opposed to just 2 which we get here in the Philippines...

We've had the brown since around June of 10, I had taken delivery of my white in late April, which is frustrating

while I'm a huge fan of Alpine's sound quality, not crazy about the dated look which they have had since time immemorial...

we get crappy JVC's here in manila, and like MRO, not a fan of OEM head units and would love to swap it out, except am sure that the display interface as well as the steering wheel controls (volume, track, selection, etc) may be immobilized, any comments on this?

you in Thailand surely get a lot more car than we do with the price here in Manila...

Here's some comparative shots (Pajero Sport on left, Fortuner on right):

Rear cargo flexibility - Fortuners 3rd row seats compromise additional cargo space created by folding 2nd row seats

seatflexibility.jpg

Rear visibility - PJS has larger 3rd row window, smaller C pillar, and not compromised by 3rd row seats.

rearseatvisibility.jpg

3rd row access - Fortuners angled C pillar makes it more difficult to get in and out of (head chopper). Plus rear doors are so wide that opening in cramped carparks becomes difficult.

3rdrowaccess.jpg

5-seat mode cargo space - flat floor and full width makes PJS more usable.

cargospace5seats.jpg

Personally, i LOVE the brown color, wish this came out sooner, would've been my choice,

also noticing the 4 reversing sensors as opposed to just 2 which we get here in the Philippines...

We've had the brown since around June of 10, I had taken delivery of my white in late April, which is frustrating

while I'm a huge fan of Alpine's sound quality, not crazy about the dated look which they have had since time immemorial...

we get crappy JVC's here in manila, and like MRO, not a fan of OEM head units and would love to swap it out, except am sure that the display interface as well as the steering wheel controls (volume, track, selection, etc) may be immobilized, any comments on this?

you in Thailand surely get a lot more car than we do with the price here in Manila...

Yes, Alpine has maintained the same basic look since the early 90's - only difference is the buttons used to be green.. However the quality of their sonic performance has very few peers.

As for steering wheel controls, this Thai company makes a universal adaptor that works with most aftermarket players: http://www.skott-audio.com/ Not sure what display is in the PH model, so can't comment on that.

MRO, how much did it cost to add the steering wheel controls? Mitsu quoted 5k. Is that ridiculous?

Lancer EX switches (Part number 8701A087) were 1,600 Baht, Skott Audio interface was 2,200 Baht. Took approx. 20 mins to DIY install. 5,000 Baht seems a little expensive, but I guess the dealer wants to mark-up the Skott interface too..

BTW, if you're getting ti done at Mitsu Chiangmai, I taught them how to do it ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis