2011 Pajero Sport Minor Change

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an aside MRO, what would be the torque limits on the ranger 6speed AT? It's already at 470nm. Can it handle 550-600, which is what chipping would give it.

The T6 Ranger uses the Ford 6R80 6AT (which is actually a ZF box made under license), and is rated to handle 600Nm in standard form (the actual ZF made version has higher torque variants). It's essentially the same box used in all of the 6AT BMW's, Jag XJ/XK/XF, R/R Sport, L/R Discovery, Maserati Quattroporte etc - in additional to a bunch of Ford cars.

I'm not sure whether the 4WD Rangers are using the ZF designed 4WD version of the box, or whether Ford has used their own engineering there though - if still using the ZF design, that would mean the 4WD Ranger shares it's AT with the Bentley Continental GT, amongst others ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

As an aside MRO, what would be the torque limits on the ranger 6speed AT? It's already at 470nm. Can it handle 550-600, which is what chipping would give it.

The T6 Ranger uses the Ford 6R80 6AT (which is actually a ZF box made under license), and is rated to handle 600Nm in standard form (the actual ZF made version has higher torque variants). It's essentially the same box used in all of the 6AT BMW's, Jag XJ/XK/XF, R/R Sport, L/R Discovery, Maserati Quattroporte etc - in additional to a bunch of Ford cars.

I'm not sure whether the 4WD Rangers are using the ZF designed 4WD version of the box, or whether Ford has used their own engineering there though - if still using the ZF design, that would mean the 4WD Ranger shares it's AT with the Bentley Continental GT, amongst others ;)

Thanks, so chip to your hearts content then:)

Thanks, so chip to your hearts content then:)

Wasn't this a thread on changes to the new PJS...how did the subject of transmissions in the Ford Rangers come up :lol:

Steering us back towards the PJS, they seem to be promoting some new 2.4L version. I am assuming the "L" is for luxury, so a model with some extra luxury features or is this just marketing hype. Is there anything new here besides what's previously been described in this thread (i.e. Euro 4 emissions)?

Edited by FarangBuddha

Steering us back towards the PJS, they seem to be promoting some new 2.4L version. I am assuming the "L" is for luxury, so a model with some extra luxury features or is this just marketing hype. Is there anything new here besides what's previously been described in this thread (i.e. Euro 4 emissions)?

The 'L' mean Litres - it's the new base-model 2.4L gasoline version. The actual grade is GLS.

Pretty sure it was covered here a few weeks ago when it was first released :D

bro the common rail plug for pajero sport is at the end of a row of common rail pipes right? just wanna make sure the correct plug before i chip my car. and it is quite hard to reach with hand, even if you can reach it takes some effort to remove it right?

bro the common rail plug for pajero sport is at the end of a row of common rail pipes right? just wanna make sure the correct plug before i chip my car. and it is quite hard to reach with hand, even if you can reach it takes some effort to remove it right?

Yep, you reach in from the passenger side of the car, snake your arm around some pipes, and it's at the back of the commonrail. Activating the catch on the plug and pulling it backwards at the same time can result in a sore thumb ;)

MRO: the 'Tuna/VIGO will be getting a re-tune to 190HP/410Nm and a few more features to catch up with the competition (on everything but space/size that is), so they'll be back in the running again - so long as they keep the price rises minimal...

when ill this happen MRO?

and it will be done by toyota?

MRO: the 'Tuna/VIGO will be getting a re-tune to 190HP/410Nm and a few more features to catch up with the competition (on everything but space/size that is), so they'll be back in the running again - so long as they keep the price rises minimal...

Yes, Im talking about an official minor change, but when it will happen is under wraps.. It could be next month or it could be a year away.

Yep, you reach in from the passenger side of the car, snake your arm around some pipes, and it's at the back of the commonrail. Activating the catch on the plug and pulling it backwards at the same time can result in a sore thumb ;)

yeah trying to snake my hands around those 2 pipes is already a tough job, i cant imagine doing this when the engine is hot.

Yes, Im talking about an official minor change, but when it will happen is under wraps.. It could be next month or it could be a year away.

The 4-speed Aisin auto is only rated to 350Nm

will the gearbox get an update to take the extra power/torque?

5 speed auto or better cooling?

Edited by mcdiver

• 1 month later...

Had planned to wait for the new2012/13 Everest but due to my recent loss of faith in Ford dropped into the Mitsubishi dealer in Phrakhanong (Sukhumvit 71) last Thursday. Started my discussion with the sales guy in Thai but we gradually morphed to English as his English was better than my Thai (not hard). Unusual to find car dealership staff who can both speak English and actually know something about the cars they sell, so a pleasant change.

Took the flying circus (wife & kids) to the dealership on Saturday for a look and test drive. Even though I am only interested in the 2WD GT the test drive car was the 4WD GT and found that the ride was OK, the new 5 speed box seems fine, and it was comfortable enough. The engine seems strong enough but a bit agricultural sounding, so certainly not to be confused with more modern European diesels but I guess you have to remember how much you are paying. It did quieten down a bit once it was warmed up. Brakes were OK but lacked some feel, pretty much what you would expect from a disc/drum setup I guess.

Have to agree with other posts that the change lever for the transfer case in the 4WD is very annoying with the excessive vibration at idle, particularly as it rests against your leg. Glad I am only after the 2WD.

The circus enjoyed the layout and versatility of the interior as it can easily accommodate my ever expanding family and the U11 football team on weekends.

Freebies we were offered were reversing camera, first year 1st class insurance (even though I am paying cash), rust protection, carpet mats, rubber mats, wax of some sort, compulsory third party tax (I think), window film, discount service plan, and 1,000 baht of diesel.

Paid the deposit but were told that the current waiting period stretched into late March or even early April. No problem for us as we are not in a hurry, so we wait.