Dating In Chiangmai...

vspin134

hi all...got a friend who looks to know a decent girl/woman in Chiangmai. He is indian Canadian and will visit CM next month and wants to hook up with someone for good relationship...he has been broken -hearted by another thai girl he dated a year ago. Not sure if this is the place to ask about this... (he is late 30s divorced and lives in Canada who travel frequently to Thailand for business)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

join the right circle and you find the right relationship .

drop by a ah go go bar or a bar beer and you be ready to have a roller coaster ride

just what i feel .

good girl do not hang out at disco at 1-2 am and go home with you . when you are half drunk .

Good girl will be sleeping before 12 am . like cinderela whahhahahahha

Good girl usally do not end up with a divorced man in their 30s .

just my view . maybe you looking for a good woman .

Edited by Ta22

Ahahahaha....good girl...good woman...don't we all want one?(or more than one?)

Isn't it subjective as not all are the same and not all same are different?

For those blessed with children, surely we would not have a clue how the little ones will grow up to be, an angel or a devil.....but as parents we would still love them all the same.

So I guess to look for a mate or a date, look at yourselves one more time in the mirror before closing the door after you, and deal with the one you 'allow' to sleep with you and treat him/her/he-she/she-he/she-she/he-he with respect coz you wouldn't wanna risk your willy being snipped off in the middle of the night....this is afterall, the Land of Smiles.

This 100% free datingsite link is very OK, if someone is not too naieve you easy find a good girl here, usual the Thai girls are OK.

I found my Philippine gf via this one, and 2 years ago a very good Thai gf too. Now it's my social networksite where I meet some online friend m'f, I know several happy marriages via this site. I'm not related just a long time user.

He's coming to live or to visit ? he wants to have some fun or a real relationship that will.... end when he goes back ? Most good girls won't want to have a temporary thing. Nor would it be right to string along a good girl and then go back to normal life. This friend is into super-long distance relationships ? Or after a month of dating will take her back as a bride ?

Best of luck to him.... but this is a funny situation.

Do have him check out Cragslist Bangkok too, if he's 'serious.'

So, this is for an Indian looking guy right? Objectively speaking, I'd say that's going to be a tough sell.

The Indian part is no problem, it`s the Canadian half that concerns me.

Couldn`t the man say he is a Brit, Aussie, American or something? This may increase his chances.

So, this is for an Indian looking guy right? Objectively speaking, I'd say that's going to be a tough sell.

Couldn`t the man say he is a Brit, Aussie, American or something? This may increase his chances.

:cheesy:

join the right circle and you find the right relationship .

drop by a ah go go bar or a bar beer and you be ready to have a roller coaster ride

just what i feel .

good girl do not hang out at disco at 1-2 am and go home with you . when you are half drunk .

Good girl will be sleeping before 12 am . like cinderela whahhahahahha

Good girl usally do not end up with a divorced man in their 30s .

just my view . maybe you looking for a good woman .

we know that good gal/woman dont hang out at the pub at midnight...and he is not looking those short term or over night relationship. He and I made mistakes we ended out with wrong relationship...we were young and didnt think right to choose a girl but now what we are looking for are good gal to spend out remaining life with regardless education nor line of work she is in.

yes he is indian looking guy born in india and migrated to Canada. He is from well established and well educated family...been through a rough divorce and was broken-hearted by a thai girl last year. He has good chemistry towards thai so he is now looking to turn new page of relationship hopefully with thai girl for his future wife

:cheesy:

That was a good one. :P

He's coming to live or to visit ? he wants to have some fun or a real relationship that will.... end when he goes back ? Most good girls won't want to have a temporary thing. Nor would it be right to string along a good girl and then go back to normal life. This friend is into super-long distance relationships ? Or after a month of dating will take her back as a bride ?

Best of luck to him.... but this is a funny situation.

Do have him check out Cragslist Bangkok too, if he's 'serious.'

he is eventually going back to live in Canada as the matter the fact he has a house job and everything there...all he wants is to find someone to be with and he is willing to take here back as a bride. As i have warned him that this would be an expensive relationship for him though...

Your “friend” sounds like a dream boat! Fact is he could be a right mingier and still do more doggy than an shepherd from Wales, (working the lonely night shift) I’m not too sure about how much love action he’ll get as a Canadian…….Tell him to say he’s Israeli, that will up his chances) Tell him to start saving his money for the trip. Love don’t come cheap here. All the girls and women here are lovely, from Hi-so to bar girls. By all means tell him he can give them his heart; just don’t give them his wallet or bank details. Most of the time it’s “pay to play” (so my wife keeps telling me) so if he wants to try out page 68 of the karma sutra, it’s going to cost him. Good luck...........To your friend, I mean.

Your "friend" sounds like a dream boat! Fact is he could be a right mingier and still do more doggy than an shepherd from Wales, (working the lonely night shift) I'm not too sure about how much love action he'll get as a Canadian…….Tell him to say he's Israeli, that will up his chances) Tell him to start saving his money for the trip. Love don't come cheap here. All the girls and women here are lovely, from Hi-so to bar girls. By all means tell him he can give them his heart; just don't give them his wallet or bank details. Most of the time it's "pay to play" (so my wife keeps telling me) so if he wants to try out page 68 of the karma sutra, it's going to cost him. Good luck...........To your friend, I mean.

that exactly what happened to him at recent relationship with the thai girlfriend of his...he gave him his heart then his money but she was just too greedy she wanted more so then he caught her with another guy so then he no more wedding...poor guy

it is the age old problem all over again. The "working girls" have learned their English in bars. That includes a good percentage of the women who go on-line for boyfriends and husbands. The so called "good girls" mostly don't speak English, and if they do they work for international companies, shops or banks. Very few attractive Thai women are not aware of how things work in Thailand. Meeting the "good girls" is a difficult process unless the guy is young, handsome and comfortable around women. Even then the guy can get taken for a ride.

However, for a farang who speaks Thai fluently there are opportunities everywhere. That puts the ball right back in your Indian/Canadian's court.

There is a GOOD reason why most foreign men wind up with hookers. That's because it's easy and where many of the pretty gals hang out.

plenty of good ones here.

not to be discouraged by all these people that complain that they gave way too much money to the woman they tried to life with and thus introduced them to a lifestyle they didn't want to sustain later on.

it is common here for the man to lead and set rules.the right ones.

but yes -you meet flower girls at the flowermarket,waitresses at the restaurant ,students at the library and primadonnas at the bar.

and they all have family too,well most of them anyway...

There is A dating service in chiang mai,not an internet service.I can't remember the name.google it ,ya should find it.

I do agree with some of the orhers.Learning thai is key.You talk to many of these single thai women in their language

they will be impressed.Then ya go on from there.Most thai women are on the conservative side,no sex before marriage.

Maybe some of the younger ones are A little more liberal.Take your time,don't be in A hurry.

<br>
<br><font size="3">Your "friend" sounds like a dream boat!  Fact is he could be a right mingier and still do more doggy than an shepherd from Wales, (working the lonely night shift) I'm not too sure about how much love action he'll get as a Canadian…….Tell him to say he's Israeli, that will up his chances) Tell him to start saving his money for the trip. Love don't come cheap here. All the girls and women here are lovely, from Hi-so to bar girls. By all means tell him he can give them his heart; just don't give them his wallet or bank details. Most of the time it's "pay to play" (so my wife keeps telling me) so if he wants to try out page 68 of the karma sutra, it's going to cost him. Good luck...........To your friend, I mean.</font><br><br><br>
<br><br>that exactly what happened to him at recent relationship with the thai girlfriend of his...he gave him his heart then his money but she was just too greedy she wanted more so then he caught her with another guy so then he no more wedding...poor guy<br>

Not to rain on any ones parade but come to Thailand and find a future wife for a long and meaningful relationship in about a month. Doesn't even sound logical to me.

I actually did that met a girl here in Chiang Mai. for a week went back to Canada for six months a few exchanges on the phone came back got to gether for six months I went back to Canada sold every thing came back here and enjoying five years of Marriage.

Point is she is 50 young compared to me. She is not afraid of work. She has old time ethics. Very much believes in Family. I was extremely lucky. If it had depended on telephone conversations and the odd letter for very long it would not have happened. It is a hands on job. Even at that the cultural differences were hard for her to overcome. For myself I welcomed them. If she wants to go to temple no problem. I will watch TV. Thai's do not like change.

Getting her back in to Canada can be done. But it is hard, Hard to believe Canada is more Paranoid than the States.

My advice hire a girl for the month. You will get what you pay for. After a month there should be no false expectations.. If you are serious commit at least six months to the hunt. However you go good luck and if you don't find Mrs rite keep up the search she is out there some place. Maybe like me the very last place I expected to find her."

Edited by jayjay0

There are plenty of "good girls" in Thailand, but there are also those who make their living taking advantage of gullible farang. In most of the horror stories I've heard of a Thai woman ripping of a trusting western man, the man was too emotionally needy, too trusting, and in a hurry to fall in love. These are the men who are easy targets for the professional girlfriends. If your friend is like this, he should avoid Thailand. If he's serious about finding a good Thai woman to marry, he should plan on spending a lot of time here and go slowly.

There is A dating service in chiang mai,not an internet service.I can't remember the name.google it ,ya should find it.

I do agree with some of the orhers.Learning thai is key.You talk to many of these single thai women in their language

they will be impressed.Then ya go on from there.Most thai women are on the conservative side,no sex before marriage.

Maybe some of the younger ones are A little more liberal.Take your time,don't be in A hurry.

You are confusing 'face' with 'reality'

Almost all will have casual sex after a very short time, almost none will ever admit to it.

it is the age old problem all over again. The "working girls" have learned their English in bars. That includes a good percentage of the women who go on-line for boyfriends and husbands. The so called "good girls" mostly don't speak English, and if they do they work for international companies, shops or banks. Very few attractive Thai women are not aware of how things work in Thailand. Meeting the "good girls" is a difficult process unless the guy is young, handsome and comfortable around women. Even then the guy can get taken for a ride.

However, for a farang who speaks Thai fluently there are opportunities everywhere. That puts the ball right back in your Indian/Canadian's court.

There is a GOOD reason why most foreign men wind up with hookers. That's because it's easy and where many of the pretty gals hang out.

Some VERY good advice here, Ian. I'd agree that the "good girls" in Thailand generally do not speak English well. And some that are extremely educated (i.e., attended western universities for their post-grad) just simply aren't interested in farangs. That leaves the ones that need English for their livlihood, e.g., bargirls, farang-hunters who troll the dating sites, etc. Honestly, I'd tend to avoid Thai girls who speak English a little too well.

But if one can speak Thai, that opens up a whole new frontier. I'm talking like day and night.

Given all the advice here, adding it up, it is clear that your friend is not in the best position to be successful in his quest - if it is an honest one.

A. He has insufficient time to learn Thai.

B. He is in some degree "walking wounded" and not on his best balance.

C. He is a man of two cultures (to this or that degree) and wishes to engage a third in a permanent relationship.

However, there is a way to surmount these conditions if they apply, and other difficulties too. He should attend the Christian churches of Chiang Mai. Of course, many services are conducted in Thai, but there are those in English as well, attended by Thai women. And he must be pro-active, attending every moment that an opportunity arises. There may as well be "do-gooder" organizations involving Thai women who speak some English (or French - you never know with Canadians).

Or hire someone for a month and take his next vacation in India. Bad marriage or not, if he cannot find affinities in Canada, he'll have better luck in India. Not incidentally, it is true that Thai people have a "thing" against the people of India. Sadly, we all seem to need to look down on somebody and India is right down there with Cambodians or Hill Tribe people (political and whom do you want to marry). Go figure.

Note that though we hear of and see enduring relationships between foreign males and Thai women all the time here, they are rarely based on equals in education and income. Also, as has been mentioned, one never marries a woman, from whatever walk of life, without marrying her family, lock, stock, and the barrel too.

Finally, I would not become involved, if I were you. Has catastrophe written on it, though the romantic wishes him luck.

Edited by CMX