Has Anyone Failed The Colour Test For A Driving License?

kirmizi

When i changed my 1 year for the 5 year DL in Phuket 4 years ago nothing was required. ( no color, reaction test or video etc )

Just handed over my old DL and received the new 5 year DL with a big smile from the lady. :)

Looks like things has changed a bit :(

Am not quite sure how bad I am! I don't think my colourblind deficiency is too bad. However, the secondary test was at a distance of about 6-7 metres in a very poorly lit room.

All I can advise would be to give it a go and see what happens. The woman like I mentioned was pretty good and gave me a lot of opportunities. I got about 4-5 guesses at each number. Wasn't my lucky day though. It does look like they have been using the same book for years though. Maybe a mate with a photographic memory might be of some use!

As stated by another person it doesn't cost you anything to take these tests other than the photocopies and medical certificate. If you have some free time then get there early and give it a shot. Nothing ventured......nothing gained. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Emubob