Elite Smile Dental Clinic

Mestizo

After having a few horrible experiences at G. Dental, I visited a few other places in Chiang Mai. A few of my Thai coworkers kept recommending Elite Smile as did another dentist I visited in Chiang Mai. So I gave them a shot. Been there twice already and all I can say is WOW. The dentists here are highly impressive.

- Extremely good English.

- Very through explanations of everything they are going to do. Seconds after taking x-rays, they were able to pull it up on the computer screen and walk me thru everything. Everything is computerized and linked to your electronic record. When I had additional questions, they were able to pop open a quick power point presentation that described everything with pictures.

- Very, very gentle. They don't shove things to the back of your mouth triggering gag reflexes. They don't jab you with needles, etc. In fact, today I was in for a couple of root canals. The dentist took her time to numb the area sufficiently and was gentle with the injections. So much so, that with my eyes closed I never ever realized I had been injected until my face was numb :)

This place is as good as, if not better than most dentists I have visited in the US and by far the best in Chiang Mai. Highly recommend.

For those who haven't seen it yet, its on the front side of the Pantip building, facing Chan Klan. The website is http://www.elitesmilecm.com/

-Mestizo

Edited by Mestizo

Thanks for this information. I have been to another dentist in CM - quite well known among farrangs. In any event, following a root canal, I was sent home with Tylenol. I do not take drugs, but, following a root canal I want something stronger than Tylenol. Perhaps Tylenol with codeine? I was in real pain for about 3 hours after leaving.

So, my question - did Elite Smile provide you with post-opp medication, and if so, what medication?

Thank you.

VTL

Thanks for this information. I have been to another dentist in CM - quite well known among farrangs. In any event, following a root canal, I was sent home with Tylenol. I do not take drugs, but, following a root canal I want something stronger than Tylenol. Perhaps Tylenol with codeine? I was in real pain for about 3 hours after leaving.

So, my question - did Elite Smile provide you with post-opp medication, and if so, what medication?

Thank you.

VTL

Unfortunately that has been my experience with all Thai dentists as well. Ibuprofen only. My guess that if you phone them back and tell them you are in alot of pain, they may prescribe something stronger. Not sure though. I usually opt for the Sangsom therapy :)

-Mestizo

Thank you.

VTL

Unfortunately that has been my experience with all Thai dentists as well. Ibuprofen only. My guess that if you phone them back and tell them you are in alot of pain, they may prescribe something stronger. Not sure though. I usually opt for the Sangsom therapy :)

-Mestizo

I understand that at CM Ram Dental they are able to prescribe something stronger because they are part of a hospital. I was told that dentists on their own are not licensed to prescribe anything stronger than Ibuprofen. I was just hoping that Elite Smile perhaps would be able. I'll try them anyway based on your detailed description of what is normally a most unpleasant process.

VTL

-Mestizo

I'd be interested to know which dentist attended you. Only one has been trained in the USA. The others in Thailand. Do you think that's important in making a choice of your dentist ; though perhaps you don't get a choice?

I understand that at CM Ram Dental they are able to prescribe something stronger because they are part of a hospital.

I have been told the same thing and Ram Dental Clinic provided Tylenol with codeine for my last root canal, but I am happy to say that I never needed it. They have a light touch there. :)

Not mush experience with dentists in Chiang Mai. Went to elite to have my teeth cleaned and they found a cavity. I had it filled and didn't feel a thing. Been back to replace a cap, again great service. I highly recommend them.:)

-Mestizo

I'd be interested to know which dentist attended you. Only one has been trained in the USA. The others in Thailand. Do you think that's important in making a choice of your dentist ; though perhaps you don't get a choice?

As with hospitals also, you get good and bad. One patient recommends, another will never go near the place again.

You may have something in your comment about training, Asmerom. The dental departments in hospitals take some beating, they have immediate access to other facilities in the hospital too if the need arises.

I use Mccormick and would not use Elite again

Do Elite have a branch in Bangkok with same good service.

In Bangkok try Dr. Jaruwan @ Pratunam Dental Clinic on Ratchatawee Rd just under the pedestrian crossover. R/C totally painless and about Bt5,000. Ceramic Crowns Bt4,500

Excellent work. standard pricing for Thai or foreigner.

Tel: 02.245-5599

Ex wife is a dentist- may she rest in peace. Oh wait I forgot, she's still kickin'.:jap:

Anyway...being forced back into getting care with the masses, I tried Elite out today on the recommendations of this TV thread.

While it seems to be a universal truth that dental assistants are adorable, Elite had the additional benefit of the clean, fresh and professional feel of a dental spa.

It was exceptionally nice to be free of the weight of confidentiality forms, payment guarantee forms, patient history forms, or release of liability forms.

Had a basic cleaning, which was thorough and efficient. They do use a pumice burr at one point, which I declined, as it's a fairly abrasive material. Don't know if all the dentists are women there but- the advantage is that they generally have slender fingers, and therefore have greater maneuverability in your mouth.

Not a thorough history or gum check etc- all those numbers that get yelled out during western exams, but no muss no fuss and a ridiculously low price.

As with other medical procedures and over the counter pharmacy purchases here, it would be wise to recall any allergies you may have, and what the medicinal equivalents are here.

"a ridiculously low price."

I went to one of those well known big places near Niebelungen Street (something like that - lots of Anglo-Saxons around, anyway. I think they come in herds from the Superhighway). It was on an odd numbered soi, I recall.

They said a cleaning ran 1200 to 1500. Now I'm not a spring chicken, but I have all my teeth and no root canals. True, it had been eight months and they told me to make it more frequent than six. I don't smoke tobacco or drink tea, but do coffee.

Anyway, it cost instead 1700. It was very thorough, used the pickax or whatever it is to get under the gums or close to it, and polished the teeth with that flavored stuff.

But is this a regular charge? Assuming the best possible scrape, clean, and polish - which is what I felt I had for one hour?? What say E people or M folks or G types??

T'anks

Edited by CMX