Veterinary Supplies

murni

I knew you would say that Nienke, my cat has CRF nd all the vets want to do is prolong his

agony. It is wrong and so I must help him go.

try a more caring vet... i agree with ninke diy is not the best way forward

I'm sorry that your cat has that condition. I do not know your cat's situation, so I can't say anything about that.

All I can tell is that in my experience vets do euthanize, but under the condition that there is no medical treatment anymore that can to provide the animal with a comfortable life. And over the years I have brought several animals over the rainbow bridge with the help of the vet: mine, customers and strays.

Once I was mistaken with a dog that had a fatal disease in the final stage. The vet told me that with certain pills the dog could continue for a while in good comfort and wouldn't euthanize. The dog lived at least 6 more months. During that time she raised the owner's labrador puppy and taught it some manners, such as being careful around the owners' 2-year old. When the task was up the dog died. (that's what the owners told me)

I also know of a few cats that had CRF who lived happily several years longer, after the CRF was diagnosed, on pills special diet and extra liquid supplied under the skin.

One cat did not get subcutaneous liquid. With that cat is was of extreme importance to provide it with wet food. One dryfood meal and one wet food meal a day would make it dehydrate with seizures as a result.

Another owner gave liquid subcutaneous every day. No fun you may think, but the cat totally allowed her doing that, and seeing that cat each time it looked REALLY happy and in good condition.

But then again, I do not know the condition of your cat. Maybe he already passed these stages.

^^Why not simply list the 'caring vets' instead of implying he should drag his ailing pet around the city searching for some caring vet. If you do know, then please let him (us) know. :jap:

Vets who do euthanize are:

Ban Mha ka Meaw on the Mahidol road, next to the entrance of CM Land.

Phua Poon on the Wualai Road opposite the old cultural center

Small Animal Hospital along the canal road.

Sansai Thong, at the intersection of the middle ringroad with the Doi Saket road.

A vet clinic in Nong Hoi of which I forgot the name.

As said before there are many vets who euthanize nowadays (and I do not know them all personally), but only if the animal is facing a road of total suffering and no medical treatment can help them anymore.

is right that Vet do not sell it to end user , cos who know what there will do with it .

so if you really love your Pet and want to put it to sleep . bring it to a Vet .

my wife and i just have 4 Puppy die on us over a length of 7 days . and we spend many time at the Vet .

there is a Vet at the back end of the chiangmai land along the high way entrance . there been helpful .

Sansai Thong, at the intersection of the middle ringroad with the Doi Saket road.

As said before there are many vets who euthanize nowadays (and I do not know them all personally), but only if the animal is facing a road of total suffering and no medical treatment can help them anymore.

Informative post. Thanks for sharing

In Maerim the vet opposite the wat about 100 metres before the Maejo traffic lights on the way into Maerim from Chiangmai is excellent and caring

caf

I can add to Nienke's list:

Dr Nook Animal Hospital (Chang Klan Rd, opposite the big Kasikorn Bank branch). Next to the hospital there is also a Wat that does cremation.

/ Priceless