Distemper Outbreak

jori

Now is the time to get your dog / cat, favourite Soi animal vaccinated against the latest outbreak,it's a killer,and is easily caught,impossible to cure ,and a terrible death awaits.

Vaccine costs about 150 Baht DIY or vet about 200

can you name the source of the information that a new outbreak is around?

Go to the Govt vet, see the treatment being given out. Five dogs died yesterday close by,picked up one dying dog ,had it put to sleep this morning

Go to the Govt vet, see the treatment being given out. Five dogs died yesterday close by,picked up one dying dog ,had it put to sleep this morning

this would be the government vet in Pattaya on Soi Bukhao?

Hopefully it will cull the numbers of mangy strays around.

Mangy stray dogs did not ask to be born here, better than dead stinky dogs, best way is residents and thais put there hands in there pockets and have bitches neutered. 700 baht each. mange cure 1ml of ivomec in a sausage,, 100 ml bottle 400 baht,4 baht mange gone.

Edited by NALAK

That's like saying one hopes more drunks crash and kill themselves. It's a grim solution.

Distemper is a painful death, much as slowly dying after a vehicle crash is. Have a heart. Show some humanity and compassion.

this would be the government vet in Pattaya on Soi Bukhao?

No, it is on Third road not far from Soi B ,in the entrance to the fire station,can get the shot from any vet,just stick the needle under the skin if it's a DIY

It is a dreadful death for any animal. at first it gets a weepy eye,within a day its developed into pneumonia,just lies on the ground gasping for breath,frothing An airborne virus,the chilly nights keeps the virus alive far longer than warmer nights. Have never known it as widespread as this outbreak though

Edited by jori

are you sure it also affects cats? Wikpedia says no...

are you sure it also affects cats? Wikpedia says no...

Hello Raro,

Called feline distemper, ( had to look this one up too ),do not usually deal with cats,but have sympathy with any suffering animal. Says it is a different type of distemper, kills upto 60% of cases in cats, suppose the vaccine deals with that too

Good, it is nature's way of eliminating these stray, neglected soi dogs.

I suppose a good dose of cancer is natures way of getting rid of humans too,just hope the unsympathetic do not get any support on the way out

That's like saying one hopes more drunks crash and kill themselves. It's a grim solution.

Distemper is a painful death, much as slowly dying after a vehicle crash is. Have a heart. Show some humanity and compassion.

I'll think about it when they stop attacking my 6 year old when we walk past.

Until then the slower and more painful the death the better.

Mangy stray dogs did not ask to be born here, better than dead stinky dogs, best way is residents and thais put there hands in there pockets and have bitches neutered. 700 baht each. mange cure 1ml of ivomec in a sausage,, 100 ml bottle 400 baht,4 baht mange gone.

Or you could use that "spare cash" to help fix the approximately 14,000,000 children who die each year (yes, 14 million).

Around half of which can be saved with medicine costing less than $US10.00 (300 baht)

Just a thought.

Kenny

I am with PattayaParent on this issue, and I am a dog owner.

Your analogy re: drunks equates animals with humans, but most people rank humans above stray dogs. Personally, I have no issues with drunks crashing and killing themselves, as long as no harm is done to innocent bystanders or to other people's property.

Allowing homeless, sickly, starving, long-suffering stray dogs to succumb to disease is not ideal I agree. Neither is wasting on resources on prolonging their misery on the streets and the misery of humans who have the misfortune to have packs of them living nearby. I'd rather pay to put them (the stray dogs) to sleep; it's a more permanent solution.

I suppose a good dose of cancer is natures way of getting rid of humans too,just hope the unsympathetic do not get any support on the way out

Conceptually, you may be right: that cancer is nature's way of getting rid of humans. However, most people rank humans above animals and do not apply that concept (that disease is nature's answer to excessive population) to humans. For me, a dog is not a human..lovely and wonderful as dogs are. I might donate for a cause like anti-canser research but I will certainly not donate to prolong the miserable existence of stray street dogs.

Conceptually, you may be right: that cancer is nature's way of getting rid of humans. However, most people rank humans above animals and do not apply that concept (that disease is nature's answer to excessive population) to humans. For me, a dog is not a human..lovely and wonderful as dogs are. I might donate for a cause like anti-canser research but I will certainly not donate to prolong the miserable existence of stray street dogs.

A dog treated kindly is probably the most loyal creature on the planet. A human will let you down matter how well you treat him. I know which species I would rather protect!

I'll think about it when they stop attacking my 6 year old when we walk past.

Until then the slower and more painful the death the better.

I am in full agreement here with you PattayaParent,the more painful and slower the death the better. Always I have found anyone wishing the above always,but always gets it in the neck.... Bigtime. So here's to you and yours...hopefully

It is good of Jori to give us the heads up on this epidemic.

I do not wish suffering on any person or animal and would prefer we leave that part of the conversation alone.

It is good of Jori to give us the heads up on this epidemic.

I do not wish suffering on any person or animal and would prefer we leave that part of the conversation alone.

the subject of cats and dogs will always stirs the emotions of humans

so this exchange is no surprise, in fact as a dog lover, i had to hold myself back from jumping on the first quote from pattayaparent

however i will simply say this, i have had many dogs and many ''friends''

give me a good dog anytime

they beat the hell out of most people i have met in my life.........