Accomodation In Chiang Rai

mrkrabs

We are heading to Chiang Rai and hopefully arrive tonight. Will be very grateful if anybody can suggest a nice place to stay for couple of weeks. Always dreamed about house in the mountains with two rooms, aircon, internet... Please tell if there is a house of my dream available ..

MrKrabs,

This is just one source for rentals of short or long term. There may be more, but this is the quickest I know for your urgent request for housing.

It would not be impossible to rent a long term rental property for a higher price, dependent on the landloard, but not out of the question.

Get yorself checked in for the night at a hotel of your choice. Will probably be too late to make any contacts tonight.

Chiang Rai Rental Homes

http://www.lannarealty.com/rentals.html

Chiang Rai Vacation Rentals

=8"]http://www.lannarealty.com/index.php?action=searchresults&pclass[]=8

Holiday, Vacation, and Short term Rentals are offered thru various sources and peoples. I am sure the OP is smart enough to be able to explore from the information provided for the dream holiday resort he/she is thinking of.

I do not advocate or endorse any person or property.

The info I gave was for a referance and starting point for the OP given the short notice of the request for Holiday Accomodations.

Good luck and have a happy holiday Mrkrabs

Holiday, Vacation, and Short term Rentals are offered thru various sources and peoples. I am sure the OP is smart enough to be able to explore from the information provided for the dream holiday resort he/she is thinking of.

I do not advocate or endorse any person or property.

The info I gave was for a referance and starting point for the OP given the short notice of the request for Holiday Accomodations.

Good luck and have a happy holiday Mrkrabs

What the OP asked for was : Always dreamed about house in the mountains with two rooms, aircon, internet... Please tell if there is a house of my dream available ..

guest houses , home stays , boarding houses (ymca) and type, B&B, Hotels , Resorts etc are all possible. In my years here I have not known of a single furnished house in the MOUNTAINS with aircon and Internet available for a 2 week stay. If he finds it , I hope he posts it here so that others who seek a house of their dreams can stay there .

A log cabin without internet at my dream guest house is his best bet but thats a resort on the river and far from town but secluded and peaceful with the river and mountains around but its possibly 20km or more from the town.

I had to use the "Braille Translator" to find this hidden gem of a Hilltop Country Mountain View Vacation Retreat "Log Cabin" with at least 2 bedrooms, Air Conditioning, and ADSL Internet.

There is another of these "Log Cabbins" with Mountain Views, 2 bedrooms and A/C in the master bedroom for less money without the Internet connection installed.

Prices and web are not quoted. But between 8,500 and 25,000 per week, with price reductions for longer stays.

Think the daily rate at some of Chiang Rai's finner resorts (Le Meridian, Dusit, etc) would be about the same weekly rate.

Hill Top Villa Exceptional Views

Noise Level: quiet

Beds: 3

Baths: 4

Floors: 1

Year Built or Approx. Age: 2001

Province

• Chiangrai

District (Amphur)

• Muang

Distance to Main Road: 300 m

Living Space m²: 600

Lot Size: 6000 sq. meters

Garage Size: 2 car

Full Description: This villa is situated on a hill-top just outside of Chiang Rai and has exceptional 360 degree views. The house has 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 living rooms, a well furnished Western kitchen, a large patio, a large terrace, a two car garage, a balcony around the perimeter, approx. 6000 sq. m. of garden space and a swimming pool of approx. 150 sq. m. The price includes two people to clean the house, take care of the garden and take care of the swimming pool. ADSL and cable TV installed.

Home Features

• ADSL
  • Additional Building
  • Air Conditioning
  • Balcony
  • Bathtub
  • Built-In Furniture
  • CPAC Roofing
  • Closets/Storage
  • Covered Parking
  • Curtains
  • Deck/Roof Deck
  • Gas Range
  • Microwave
  • Office
  • Patio
  • Refrigerator
  • Satellite/Cable TV
  • Tiled Floors
  • Water Heater
  • Western Kitchen
  • Western Toilet

Location Features

• Attractive Landscaping
  • Few Neighbors
  • Gravel Road
  • Lawn
  • Mountain Views
  • Private Garden
  • Private Pool
  • Rural
  • Sala
  • Well Water

434_dsc00842.jpg

434_dsc00843.jpg

434_dsc00838.jpg

434_dsc00846.jpg

434_dsc01203.jpg

And Another Holiday rental offering.

<H3>Country Cottage on 7 Rai Vacation Rental

Zip: 57000

Noise Level: quiet

Beds: 2

Baths: 2

Floors: 2

Year Built or Approx. Age: 2008

Distance to Main Road: 1 km

Living Space m²: 120

Lot Size: 7 rai, 11,200 sq. meters

Garage Size: covered parking

Province

• Chiangrai

District (Amphur)

• Muang

Full Description: This artistically decorated house is on 7 beautifully landscaped rai (11,200 sq. meters) of land. It has two bedrooms and two bathrooms with hot water heaters. There is an air-con in the main bedroom. It is the perfect retreat for someone looking for a peaceful vacation. It is fully furnished including a king size bed and 4 twin beds as well as linen. The kitchen has a fridge, microwave and gas stove and complete kitchen utensils. It also includes the use of two mountain bikes for exploring the back trails in the area and a Honda Dream motorcycle for shopping and getting into the city. The pond has a swim raft for kids and there is a sala on the water. The views of the mountains are outstanding and in the rainy season it can not be beat for sunsets.

321_pict0070b.jpg

321_photo0100.jpg

321_viewfromdeck.jpg

321_pict0122.jpg

321_dsc00272.jpg

</H3>

Le Meridian CR currently quotes (on their website) 3,531 to 4,119 for Standard Deluxe Garden View Rooms with Breakfast for 2 per nite.

Same price per nite quoted for 1 nite or two weeks.

So that is about 25,000 + per week.

That is a little less than a 3 or 4 Star Hotel Rates around the world of about $120 per night.

Altho a high price for Chiang Rai and most of Thailand, 5 Star resorts worldwide are a lot more expensive than this price.

Edited by TacoBoy

The last one pictured is currently rented. I was there for a party yesterday. It should be available again sometime next month. But, you made your point.

It was not I that was contradicting and trying to make a point. :rolleyes:

I made a reply that was contradicted more than once and replies that it is impossible to rent short term unless a person is rich even after I had posted a link to all the info.

I had to later supply pics and the info for Holiday Vacation Rentals in Chiang Rai to clarify once again that a "Dream Home" is possible in Chiang Rai. :D

One only had to open the links supplied and explore (easily) for Vacation holiday Rentals.

The alternative, is to contact and ask regular rental landloards about short term rents.

IMO, This post did not need to be drug thru the mud with speculation and inaccurate replies. :blink:

I like the look of the rented property. Looks like maybe in the Mae Chan Area with a view of Doi Thong (reclining lady) Mountain ?

Kandahar, Were you and the family able to enjoy the pond and or swimming? :D

Edited by TacoBoy

Mr Krabbs was travelling to Chiang Rai that evening he posted his request for information on his dream home and the availabilty of getting one. If you look at the province of Chiang Rai then maybe but even still , turning up at someones door with no prior booking , in the off chance they will have something is in my opinion still impossible and you do have to have a large deposit and lots of money to cover the bill . Money talks, they could even rent my place if they want and I will book into the Dusit for 2 weeks. As for the 2 places you have shown , wonderful . I need to take a look. I would like to know what they charge and the deposit required ?

I don't know what shade of Red, Green, or Blue.

A Whiter shade of Pale maybe ! :lol:

Don't know if things can happen for sure for anyone, but at least help to find a direction and not pessimistic answers.

Things can be made to happen, even quickly. Especially in Thailand.

Money always talks and BS walks. If a dream, it can come to be.

Answers to the Million Dollar Questions can be had by contacting the persons renting and promoting these and other properties. I only supplied a way to find these places.

I am not involved in their business, nor do I get anything. I simply answered a question.

Never professed to be a mind reader of another's stature in life, finances, desires, dreams, etc.

"Money talks, they could even rent my place if they want and I will book into the Dusit for 2 weeks."

A bit late on the offer mate. ;)

Edited by TacoBoy

The last one pictured is currently rented. I was there for a party yesterday. It should be available again sometime next month. But, you made your point.

Kandahar, Were you and the family able to enjoy the pond and or swimming? :D

The place is out of town a ways on the old CM highway. I just spoke to the owner today. It will be available next month.

We didn't swim. I walked around, and studied, the pond for a bit. Then I took a nap under a tree. I'm kinda lazy at parties.