Samsung Aircon Service Center?

Dustoff

~

We purchased our aircon from Panich near Airport Plaza so had them send out their service 'engineers' but..

The problem: popping circuit breaker. I knew we had a problem when they couldn't get the cover off the inside unit and I had to remove (replace) it for them. They peered around inside the unit, wrote their report and stated that we needed a larger circuit breaker and a new remote control. The circuit breaker is the one Panich installed in the first place and we opted for the larger size which has been working fine for years. A remote control has to do with the circuit breaker like mosquitos have to do with Thai politics.

They left without being paid anything whatsoever..

Anyone know of an official Samsung Service Center in Chiang Mai?

Thanks..

I would be a little wary of putting in a higher capacity circuit breaker. In my limited knowledge of the electrical field, there are a few givens. One being that the circuit breaker trips when the load exceeds the breakers capacity. This could be an indicator that the circuit breaker is faulty, if the breaker is functioning properly then the problem is in the AC.

Putting in a larger breaker could cause the AC to burn up or even worse, if the new breaker exceeds the houses wiring capacity for load to be exceeded, cause the wiring in that circuit to burn up (Fire).

I would first look at the breaker they want to replace with a larger size. Replace it with the same size, if it continues to trip then the problem is the AC.

I would be a little wary of putting in a higher capacity circuit breaker. In my limited knowledge of the electrical field, there are a few givens. One being that the circuit breaker trips when the load exceeds the breakers capacity. This could be an indicator that the circuit breaker is faulty, if the breaker is functioning properly then the problem is in the AC.

Putting in a larger breaker could cause the AC to burn up or even worse, if the new breaker exceeds the houses wiring capacity for load to be exceeded, cause the wiring in that circuit to burn up (Fire).

I would first look at the breaker they want to replace with a larger size. Replace it with the same size, if it continues to trip then the problem is the AC.

Thanks DB but I thought I indicated that I already know that and that is why the fake 'engineers' were sent down the road. I chose to have a slightly larger than the minimum breaker installed at installation and would never consider going up again in size.

I am seeking an Authorized Samsung Service Center in Chiang Mai. Anyone know of one?

Dustoff

Samsung Service Center is on the outer moat, just past Icon Plaza a little ways on the same side. I've been there a couple of times to arrange service for my Samsung TV. I don't know if A/C Service is handled through a different location or not but that is where a Samsung Office is located.

Yes, they handle aircon units as well. Just drop into the office (directions from elektrified), they can set up services techs to come at and take a look. Bring you warranty papers with you to speed up the process..

Samsung Service Center is on the outer moat, just past Icon Plaza a little ways on the same side. I've been there a couple of times to arrange service for my Samsung TV. I don't know if A/C Service is handled through a different location or not but that is where a Samsung Office is located.

Seems like brands names don't really make a difference. If the prices vary by that much, I would def go with the Samsung (especially knowing there is a service center in town). But make sure you are comparing similar units first. AirCon units nowadays have many many variations other than brand name and BTU.

Take a look at what filtration type and level it offers, fan/circulation options, humidity control, etc.....

Good Luck

Hi,

Sorry to ask here, but apart from your problem, what do you think about Samsung aircons ?

It seems that a 18000 btu Samsung is 5000 thb cheaper than Daikin or Mitsubishi, so i wonder ?!

Thanks.

I am not sure that there are so many things to compare except BTU and aircon being inverter or not, and after reading a lot about aircons, it seems that Samsung is the last choice, so i will go with Daikin which really seem to be the best (and my believe is that when a company focus on a product it will be better than companies as Samsung that sell any electronics available in this world...)...

~

Thanks to those who actually provided a location for the Samsung Service Center.

We were also given a telephone number which turned out to be Samsung Central in Bangkok but they took all the info and said to expect a call from the CM center within three days. That was yesterday, they called within two hours and their repairmen will be here this afternoon! Call 02-850-0891

The Samsung is a bit noisy and of course gets louder with age. For our second unit, in our son's bedroom, we chose a Daikin and it was a good choice indeed. After three years, the unit is so quiet that we have to look at the lights to see if it is even turned on. The HomePro on Hangdong Road tells us that there is a Daikin Service Center here in CM but we have not needed it as yet.

We also have the same HomePro come out at least yearly to do a full cleaning of both units and they do a thorough job indeed..

Dustoff