I really need someone to help. I have been working 5 and a half years for the same school. On March1st my boss tells me they will not renew my contract. I was in disbelief because I had no reason to worry. I always did my job,was absent only 3 times and went beyond the call of duty to teach my students well. I asked why and only received a vauge answer. I recently checked some web sites and they said They have to give 3 weeks notice and you have to have very good resons to be fired with written warnings. Does anyone know a free lawyer who can help write aletter for severance. I know I am entitled. Please help cause this has left me in big trouble cause I saved no money. I had no reason ever to believe I would be fired.Thanks,Yvonne.

Pay a visit to your local Labour Department. They are very very good. At 5 years I think you are eligible for. The following was lifted from another forum, but it is correct. If you are paid monthly, that is 6 times your last payment. In addition to this you get a months notice. That should be a total of 7 periods payout, most likely 7 months. Only if they pay you weekly or bi-monthly will this total payment be less.

3.An employee who has worked consecutively for three years but less than six years shall be paid basic pay for 180 days at the most recent rate of his basic pay.

Go to the labour office who issued your work permit and lay a complaint, by the sounds of things you are entitled to serverance pay and you dont need a lawyer the labour dept will take on your case.

FYI....there is no "legal aid" per se in Thailand.

If the the school is prepared to pay the serverance per thai labour regulations without you visiting the labour department, then you have no further recourse, they have chosen to terminate your contract, you cant force them to keep you employed, you can only be paid out what you are entitled to.

Get your cash and look for another job