Do You Ever Just Sit Back, Look On Your Thaivisa Posts And Reflect Upon...

submaniac

Not really but since you (sort of) asked I looked at my profile and found this

Group:

Advanced Members

Active Posts:

2,660 (0.99 per day)

Most Active In:

General topics (518 posts)

2003-11-11

How odd as my profile says 2,660 topics yet to the left it only says 2,615.

Which isn't really that much but then again I read a lot of threads but don't necessarily reply to most of them.

I suppose I spend a couple of hours a day on TVF most days.

Edited by billd766

yes maybe a mod would explain the disparity between the two numbers of posts.maybe not

This occurred 2-3 years ago when the database got corrupted. It was re-indexed to correct the problem but decided to leave out of the index range certain forums such as jokes, games, etc. Thus profile shows total correct posts as it is indexed differently and uses your real post count.

And to bkkjames, posts that are removed do not get subtracted from the post count or you would be in the hole by now. <just kidding>. :lol:

1000? Newbie.

23,000? Grumpy old man.

We're all getting older. Not sure if grumpy fits me though. More like silly or foolish. The link between age and wisdom -- don't you believe it (I peaked at 19)!

Edited by Jingthing

Well you can always set up this little gizmo, can even prevent you going onto TV after the 2 or more Chang's :rolleyes:

http://lifehacker.com/#!5780575/limit-visits-to-time+wasting-web-sites-and-give-your-willpower-a-break

Install and Configure StayFocusd

Full size

Using the Chrome web browser, download and install the StayFocusd extension.

To get started using it, you need to determine which sites you burn the most unproductive time on. When you have even just one offending site in mind—we'll use Twitter and Facebook in our examples—you're ready to go. To set up which sites to block with StayFocusd, simply navigate to an offending site, then click the StayFocusd button in your Chrome toolbar. A drop-down dialog appears with a link to Block this entire site.

Full size

By default, StayFocusd allows you ten minutes to browse the sites you add to your blocked list (in total—you can adjust this number in the extension settings), so you can still indulge a little before you're blocked for good. You'll notice that when you visit a site you've added to your blocked list, the StayFocusd button turns red. If you click it, you'll see a timer counting down your allotted browsing time.

You won't always want StayFocusd to play the disapproving watchdog—after all, you're not always working, are you? So next, set the time periods during which StayFocusd should stand between you and these sites. The morning is a good time to slog through the bulk of the day's work, so let's say you want to allow yourself recreational browsing only after 3 p.m. on weekdays. Right-click the StayFocusd button and select Options.

Full size

Click the Active Days link in the sidebar to set the days of the week you want StayFocusd to actively monitor and-if necessary-block you from accessing the sites on your block list. Tick the checkboxes next to Monday through Friday.

Now click the Active Hours link to adjust the hours during which StayFocusd will restrict your browsing. Set it to the hours you want—in our example, let's say 8AM to 3PM—and click the Set button.

Visiting a Blocked Site

How to Limit Visits to Time-Wasting Web Sites and Give Your Willpower a BreakAfter you've saved your settings in StayFocusd, whenever you mindlessly hit that time-wasting bookmark after your maximum time allowed per day has run out, you'll see a simple message in your browser asking, "Shouldn't you be working?" That's your cue to get back to work and try again later in your allotted time.

Make It Difficult to Disable StayFocusd

Full size

Now, a particularly determined procrastinator might say, "If it's a block I can disable, I'll do it." If you find yourself blocked from a time-wasting site that you insist on visiting (and to hell with your deadline), you might think you could go into StayFocusd options and undo the block. However, StayFocusd won't allow you to remove a site from your block list once your time for the day has expired, nor will it allow you to change your allotted time for the day once it's already expired. You also can't turn the extension off for the current day of the week.

It even comes with a clever challenge feature that, when enabled (under Options > Require Challenge), requires you to perform perfectly on a typing test before you can adjust any settings.

And that's all it takes. Clearly you can get around StayFocusd if you really want to—hell, you can simply open a different browser, and it's powerless to stop you. But we're talking about giving a little extra boost to your willpower, and anything that stands in the way of you and one more time-wasting click of your mouse is a good thing.

Even if you don't plan on using StayFocusd for setting up strict limits for everyday browsing, you might still enjoy its Nuclear Option, located in the extension's Options. The Nuclear Option will block every site on the web except for specifically allowed sites (or all sites without exception) for a specified period of time—one hour by default. This allows you to very specifically set up a distraction-free timeslot when you really need it rather than assuming that you need help every day."

Have to go, my allotted time nearly up. :(

Edited by roamer

yes maybe a mod would explain the disparity between the two numbers of posts.maybe not

This occurred 2-3 years ago when the database got corrupted. It was re-indexed to correct the problem but decided to leave out of the index range certain forums such as jokes, games, etc. Thus profile shows total correct posts as it is indexed differently and uses your real post count.

And to bkkjames, posts that are removed do not get subtracted from the post count or you would be in the hole by now. <just kidding>. :lol:

Sorry, but it didn't happen 2-3 years ago but between January 27-29th of 2010 when the TV database got "corrupted"

And, Tywais, it's only part of the explanation since your real count is:

Active Posts: 15,296 versus the number shown below your avatar: 14.845..a difference of 451 posts.

and as a Mod once explained to me, the difference is between your actual open forum posts and the posts behind the velvet TV curtains between Admin and Mods themselves (which count is not shown below the Avatars of Admin + Mods) what explains the total of Active Posts: 15.296 verus the shown 14.845.

I was deducted by 1.914 posts of the actual reality: Active Posts: 14,427....versus the non-correct number as shown below my avatar: 12.513.

Therefore, the active post count as shown in a members' Profile Details is actually the correct post count.

LaoPo

Sorry, but it didn't happen 2-3 years ago but between January 27-29th of 2010 when the TV database got "corrupted"

Been digging through forum 47 I see. ;) I remember most of the fuss taking place there and you were hit hard so guess you would remember it better than me. :D That's what happens when you become a moderator, things just seem longer then they really are.

Therefore, the active post count as shown in a members' Profile Details is actually the correct post count.

LaoPo

I thought that was what I said in my post above. "Thus profile shows total correct posts"

Been digging through forum 47 I see. ;) I remember most of the fuss taking place there and you were hit hard so guess you would remember it better than me. :D That's what happens when you become a moderator, things just seem longer then they really are.

LaoPo

I thought that was what I said in my post above. "Thus profile shows total correct posts"

..:thumbsup:

I wasn't digging; I just had some personal files :P but I missed your last phrase; correct!

LaoPo

LaoPo

..:thumbsup:

I wasn't digging; I just had some personal files :P but I missed your last phrase; correct!

LaoPo

Oh, I miss Diggers. We asked for an update on the F..ng Pub forum over Christmas, but sadly our special correspondent was distracted by family duties.

Has anyone been to the Athletic Arms of late?

SC

The day my post count becomes and issue to me is the day I want my account deleted.

It is now, so please ask the administration to delete you.

LaoPo :lol: