Italian food - Very Poor.

KhunChay

Passed there 2 weeks ago thought let's give it a try, first time but also the last time !

Started with a pizza tuna, the crust was made of old cardboard or something like that, seriously I was afraid to break my teeth so I ate only the soft parts, ordered capers as well, I love capers, but where are my capers ? I doubted I may have forgotten to order capers, but then I counted 6 of them, believe it or not ! Same with the anchovy, 4 or 5 tiny little pieces of anchovy, how sad... Oh but I did order a pizza tuna didn't I ? I'm pretty sure on the menu it was called a 'pizza tuna', but same story as the capers and the anchovy, they must have been desperately running out of tuna or just too greedy to make it a decent pizza tuna !

Then the salad, their overpriced salad you can hardly call a salad, It's just stacked plain lettuce hided under something different on top, tasteless cheap dressing from a bottle, my rabbit would kindly refuse it. So, I love tuna and ordered the tuna salad but, (again...) the 3 teaspoons of dry tuna chips was on the other side of the plate so first I could not find it.

The coffee was just disgusting !

The pizzas are fake, the salads are fake even the smiles are fake...

KhunChay,

Sorry to hear that. I am not affiliated in any way to the restaurant but I used to promote it whenever the opportunity arose purely because it offered home made 'mama style' pastas which I crave for from time to time. Having eaten at almost every Italian joint in and around town, I can confidently say that Locanda has some of the best pasta going around. Throw in price and service without attitude, it has been a winner for me.

However, every establishment has its off days and I have experienced them there. I don't rate their pizza at all but can say that most of the pastas (specifically seafood spaghetti) are the real deal. Coffee, agreed. Don't go there unless desperate. They don't have a strong coffee clientele and hence don't bother about getting that right - like most in CNX and Thailand.

Things have slipped a recently and I wonder if this is sign of things to come...? I noticed they were closed at around 7.30 pm on a Wednesday night not so long ago. Their normal hours of op. are Wed - Monday. Closed Tuesdays.

I don't give most places a second chance if they disapoint on several basic levels.

Try Arcobaleno, riverside area. A little more expensive but they have a longer pedigree to protect.

p.s. you will have to turn a blind eye to the silly pretention there...B)

Edited by sbk
name removed

Out of personal experience, people from the North-East US shouldn't order a pizza here unless they are really really hard up. The "pizza" couldn't be served as school lunch on friday's back home!

Try to stay away from anything involving dough or cheese, otherwise you will always be disappointed.

Arcobaleno did not know that one and I will try them, thanks !

KhunChay,

Sorry to hear that. I am not affiliated in any way to the restaurant but I used to promote it whenever the opportunity arose purely because it offered home made 'mama style' pastas which I crave for from time to time. Having eaten at almost every Italian joint in and around town, I can confidently say that Locanda has some of the best pasta going around. Throw in price and service without attitude, it has been a winner for me.

However, every establishment has its off days and I have experienced them there. I don't rate their pizza at all but can say that most of the pastas (specifically seafood spaghetti) are the real deal. Coffee, agreed. Don't go there unless desperate. They don't have a strong coffee clientele and hence don't bother about getting that right - like most in CNX and Thailand.

Things have slipped a recently and I wonder if this is sign of things to come...? I noticed they were closed at around 7.30 pm on a Wednesday night not so long ago. Their normal hours of op. are Wed - Monday. Closed Tuesdays.

I don't give most places a second chance if they disapoint on several basic levels.

Try Arcobaleno, riverside area. A little more expensive but they have a longer pedigree to protect.

p.s. you will have to turn a blind eye to the silly pretention there...B)

The OP look to me not so objective, more something personal. AFAIK that restaurant is quite good.

I suggest to close the thread too

Indeed, and considering further behavior

/CLOSED//