Toys R Us Leaving Big C North.

seefah

As some may have already noticed, Toys R Us are leaving their store at Big C North Pattaya and moving into their existing shop at Central Beach.

Although the shop at Big C is now about 80% empty, the staff told me that on 24th March all remaining items will have 40% discount. Well that's what they said.

As they had some die-cast toy cars and trains still on display yesterday, I will maybe make the effort.

They open 11am if you are interested.

All I can say about that place is that the two times I went there looking for a particular item (one time it was balloons) the clerks were clueless. Not trained at all in how to take care of customers.

As with 99% of all sales reps in 99% of all shops here, i notice they are normally applying make up ( boys and girls ) or sleeping behind a display of some sort, that's if they're not watching TV or eating.

JH

Well the discount sale disappointing turned out to be only the real crap stuff, anything of real worth was still at the expensive Toys R Us price. Should have expected it.

What would you have expected,that's the way discount sales are done in Thailand.

Carrefour for example started a clearance sale of electronic items today in their parking grounds.Went there and noticed that certain display items were sold at a deerer price than it would have costed new a week ago inside the store.

Well the discount sale disappointing turned out to be only the real crap stuff, anything of real worth was still at the expensive Toys R Us price. Should have expected it.

What would you have expected,that's the way discount sales are done in Thailand.

Carrefour for example started a clearance sale of electronic items today in their parking grounds.Went there and noticed that certain display items were sold at a deerer price than it would have costed new a week ago inside the store.

20% OFF! 50% OFF! -- Many??? Most???? of these so called discounts in stores are a big scam. The shops have jacked up the price beyond the average selling price and then discount it from that maxed- out price. Example: brand name running shoes (Addidas or Nike ) When I look at the sale price, it is still over $90 US dollars; whereas in the States, a "real sale" would be about $55 US dollars. I suppose it works with tourists, especially from Russia where everything is expensive.