Fiesta V Mazda 2

looked at both at the motor show, jeez once you show an interest they won't leave you alone.

Still undecided, Mazda looked great with all the extras they stuck on it...but 20" wheels, how on earth can a small car like that support 20" wheels, I asked them where they got it kitted out, but of course the don't know!!

I've had a Jazz in the past, nothing wrong with it except its price, you get more for your money with the Fiesta or the Mazda.

As I had assumed that the 5 dorr Fiesta came with leather and now I have found out its 18,000 Baht more, I must say I am swaying towards it.

To customise a Fiesta is expensive as all parts have to imported from the UK right now, at horrendous prices.

However my Wife prefered the Fiesta, but its not for her, she already has a Captiva.

In BK right now so will decide once I get the cash from the car I am selling on Thursday, probably test drive both again

Wide Arch kit available for Fiesta in Thailand for 12,000 bht

Do you know where?

Cheers

TP

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looked at both at the motor show, jeez once you show an interest they won't leave you alone.

Still undecided, Mazda looked great with all the extras they stuck on it...but 20" wheels, how on earth can a small car like that support 20" wheels, I asked them where they got it kitted out, but of course the don't know!!

I've had a Jazz in the past, nothing wrong with it except its price, you get more for your money with the Fiesta or the Mazda.

As I had assumed that the 5 dorr Fiesta came with leather and now I have found out its 18,000 Baht more, I must say I am swaying towards it.

To customise a Fiesta is expensive as all parts have to imported from the UK right now, at horrendous prices.

However my Wife prefered the Fiesta, but its not for her, she already has a Captiva.

In BK right now so will decide once I get the cash from the car I am selling on Thursday, probably test drive both again

Do you know where?

Cheers

TP

http://www.fordfiestaclub.net/forum/index.php/topic,9559.25.html

They are being sold on thai fiesta club,

Don't like those fender arches and side skirts at all.. The front and back don't look too bad but the fenders and side skirts are bulky and hideous looking IMO..

Is the original wheel arch hidden under there somewhere? I mean I would have thought those arches should allow you to put on huge wheels, but if those wheels strike the original arch then they are are more for fashion rather than function.

Don't like those fender arches and side skirts at all.. The front and back don't look too bad but the fenders and side skirts are bulky and hideous looking IMO..

Is the original wheel arch hidden under there somewhere? I mean I would have thought those arches should allow you to put on huge wheels, but if those wheels strike the original arch then they are are more for fashion rather than function.

Yeah I think so, I could be wrong but they look just like skins and nothing more just to add an aero looking effect but not really tire width, at least I hope so as they look like they're just attached with bulky insulated seams and it doesn't smoothly follow the cars lines..

In fact looking back again they are definitely just skins, in the pictures of the white ones you can see where they attach to the original wheel arches underneath..

Edited by WarpSpeed

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a Fiesta 1.6 Powershift 5 door today.

All the extras (except Leather!!) I will have to find a place in Chiang Mai that can fit good quality leather, I would like to get red, goes well with black.

Pleased with the extras I got thrown in, a years insurance, tax, mats, plus free body kit worth 16,000 baht. Did not want their film, I had V-Cool fitted to my last car and the film is so good you don't need to wear sunnies. Not cheap though, but certainly the best.

I also asked for twin chrome exhausts which they have agreed to put in for free.

As I ordered black, it should be ready for collection on Friday.

Price all in was 717,000 Baht

I'm happy with that :)

• 1 month later...

Three weeks and so far so good, although I have been incapacitated for a week so really only driven it for 2.

Fuel consumption is amazing, the free 500 baht's worth they gave me lasted me 10 days, cost to fill from empty..1,320B.

I have had the black v-cool film fitted, now I am looking at wheels. I have seen some nice 17" black with chrome rims on low profile tyres that look good, but I am just wodering if I could get away with 18" ones without having to fit those horrible looking wheel arches.

Anyone know?

Your in CM, right? For seat upholstering: super hi-way fron Niman, cross the river, turn off and do a sharp u-ey immediately after the bridge, as your facing towards Nimann, theres a shop on the right. Excellent work, but a months wait. No-one has noticed I have a set of covers on mine.

Three weeks and so far so good, although I have been incapacitated for a week so really only driven it for 2.

Fuel consumption is amazing, the free 500 baht's worth they gave me lasted me 10 days, cost to fill from empty..1,320B.

I have had the black v-cool film fitted, now I am looking at wheels. I have seen some nice 17" black with chrome rims on low profile tyres that look good, but I am just wodering if I could get away with 18" ones without having to fit those horrible looking wheel arches.

Anyone know?

Those wheel arches aren't going to help anyways they're phonies and attach to the current inner wheel hardware so if it won't fit your stock application it won't fit those any better..

How does one acquire a swift sport in Thailand? There's no mention of it on their website.

The model Thai Suzuki dealers call the Sport is just a GL with a Sports option kit added. Aside from the stainless twin exhaust, the other bits are just cosmetic

items (mostly from the REAL Sports model). As previous poster stated, unf. Swift Sports model is not sold here - have seen them in Malaysia, though. IIRC, Suzuki Thailand don't even have a manual transmission model in their Swift lineup :(

How does one acquire a swift sport in Thailand? There's no mention of it on their website.

The model Thai Suzuki dealers call the Sport is just a GL with a Sports option kit added. Aside from the stainless twin exhaust, the other bits are just cosmetic

items (mostly from the REAL Sports model). As previous poster stated, unf. Swift Sports model is not sold here - have seen them in Malaysia, though. IIRC, Suzuki Thailand don't even have a manual transmission model in their Swift lineup :(

Yeah this is what I understood too which is why I was not impressed, it seems they really gave minimal effort to competing in that segment..

That the sport model?

All the extras (except Leather!!) I will have to find a place in Chiang Mai that can fit good quality leather, I would like to get red, goes well with black.

Pleased with the extras I got thrown in, a years insurance, tax, mats, plus free body kit worth 16,000 baht. Did not want their film, I had V-Cool fitted to my last car and the film is so good you don't need to wear sunnies. Not cheap though, but certainly the best.

I also asked for twin chrome exhausts which they have agreed to put in for free.

no direspect but i dont think you have got the body kit for free.. Ive just bought the same car today with everything apart from the body kit and exhausts for 699,000 baht

no direspect but i dont think you have got the body kit for free.. Ive just bought the same car today with everything apart from the body kit and exhausts for 699,000 baht

Yes on the basis of what I said you would be correct.

I should have said that I had a different front grille, leather armrest, floor mats, rain deflectors plus the exhausts (which they could not fit but gave me 2,800 back), added up to around 17,000B if you look at the extras leaflet.

Yes on the basis of what I said you would be correct.

I should have said that I had a different front grille, leather armrest, floor mats, rain deflectors plus the exhausts (which they could not fit but gave me 2,800 back), added up to around 17,000B if you look at the extras leaflet.

ok cool just thought you might have been ripped off but you didnt