Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Just picked up my chilli orange 3.2 WT 6AT five days ago, it's been worth the wait.

Good to hear Tom, post some pics if you can...!

Here is my WT

Nice pics.

Mine looks exactly the same.....

Well apart from

the 2.2 badge,

the rims,

dent on left passenger door,

scratch front left bumber from hitting the wall,

back right bumper scratch from some idiot who didnt leave a note.

Scratches on the bonnet when the cat shit itself when my dog ran up to it.

Man, the chilli orange 3.2 gives me hard on

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up my chilli orange 3.2 WT 6AT five days ago, it's been worth the wait.

Good to hear Tom, post some pics if you can...!

Here is my WT

Nice pics.

Mine looks exactly the same.....

Well apart from

the 2.2 badge,

the rims,

dent on left passenger door,

scratch front left bumber from hitting the wall,

back right bumper scratch from some idiot who didnt leave a note.

Scratches on the bonnet when the cat shit itself when my dog ran up to it.

Man, the chilli orange 3.2 gives me hard on

Too much information!! laugh.png

We all miss MRO greatly, and I suspect the reason he doesn't return, even with a new nick, is that he was just plain giving away too much valuable "for-pay" information to all of us freeloaders and got in trouble with his publishers or something. giggle.gif

I'm sure he'll come back to TV, reincarnated with a new nick someday wink.png

I agree, it sure is hard to keep a good man down.........................

Edited by Woodsie888

Final received my XLT auto, after waiting three and a half months. Had it for fours days. What a beast, too big, completely impractical in traffic, an absolute nightmare to park, countless blind spots, really have to nail a U-turn and black so ridiculously difficult to keep clean.

In-fact everything I ever wanted in a vehicle - love it!

Final received my XLT auto, after waiting three and a half months. Had it for fours days. What a beast, too big, completely impractical in traffic, an absolute nightmare to park, countless blind spots, really have to nail a U-turn and black so ridiculously difficult to keep clean.

In-fact everything I ever wanted in a vehicle - love it!

Backup senors are a must! congrats!

I just had a look at forum member Ungabunga's 2.2WT in Pattaya today (Thanks for thatwai.gif ) and that had me convinced to wait for my own 2.2WT and not go for the BT-50.

Ungabunga also showed me some of the features only for WT and I want them too so XLT is ruled out.

Ford sales rep. told my wife at last viset app 10 days ago that we will get the price it was when we ordered the truck but I better e-mail Ford H ead Office and ask them.

its not hard to drive and park when u get used to it. Dont even need the sensors.

My mate in the car said it feels like being in a tank. Might try and drive over the next Vios that cuts me off.

So what is the diff between the xlt amd the wildtrak?

Are you taking the piss, you got a WT if I am not mistaken?

Well there is 60K bath diff on 2.2L 2wd XLT/WT on the latest price list I got and for that you get: voice control, blue-tooth (Ungabunga showed me how he can play his phones music via that), UBS conn, Auto wiper/light(not sure I like that feature). Bed liner, crash bar, leather seats forward and you can get it in chill color which I like (also like the blue color on xlt). I think 60k bath is a good deal on that.

Did I forgot anything?

Well there is 60K bath diff on 2.2L 2wd XLT/WT on the latest price list I got and for that you get: voice control, blue-tooth (Ungabunga showed me how he can play his phones music via that), UBS conn, Auto wiper/light(not sure I like that feature). Bed liner, crash bar, leather seats forward and you can get it in chill color which I like (also like the blue color on xlt). I think 60k bath is a good deal on that.

Did I forgot anything?

I have an XLT. The USB would be nice. On the wildtrak, the bed liner, for some strange reason doesn't cover the edge of the tail gate, so that'll get scratched. The grill & door handles come in cheap looking black finish. "Sports bar", roof bars & bed rails look naff. auto wiper / lights is on the XLT. And the folk who think the dull burnt orange colour looks good, prove the success of marketing. Absolutely nothing like the brochure photos. JMHO wink.png

its not hard to drive and park when u get used to it. Dont even need the sensors.

My mate in the car said it feels like being in a tank. Might try and drive over the next Vios that cuts me off.

Yeah my Hi-rider XLt is easy to drive and park however a reverse camera is a must so that you know who or what is behind you as visibility is zero and running over someones child is not worth not having a camera.

Yeah my Hi-rider XLt is easy to drive and park however a reverse camera is a must so that you know who or what is behind you as visibility is zero and running over someones child is not worth not having a camera.

It's great having the sensors which, if anything, give you a bit more confidence if you're not used to parking a vehicle of this size, which I wasn't! I totally agree, you get used to it and it doesn't take long. As far as the reverse camera goes, I had one fitted in the first week and its great having it. To put into perspective, sensors will cost you around 2000 Baht fitted, relatively inexpensive. For the money I would say well worth having.

I would concur on sensors and rearview cameras, having them fitted on my PJS as of stock. Sensors are especially useful to warn you when reversing... But I also found I could better appreciate distances if I took a look behind, without using the mirrors. ;) Depth perception becomes vital if you do not have these gimmicks fitted.

For those who do not have sensors or rear camera, taking a walk around the car would seem the thing to do before starting off...thumbsup.gif

It's great having the sensors which, if anything, give you a bit more confidence if you're not used to parking a vehicle of this size, which I wasn't! I totally agree, you get used to it and it doesn't take long. As far as the reverse camera goes, I had one fitted in the first week and its great having it. To put into perspective, sensors will cost you around 2000 Baht fitted, relatively inexpensive. For the money I would say well worth having.

If I may ask, how much did they charge you for the camera? Did you have it done at the Ford showroom?

@jaiyenyen - the 2000 Baht was for 4 point sensors (done by Ford just before I picked it up).

@Gideon - As for the reverse camera, I had that done locally. The camera is wired into a LCD display (which can be mounted on the dash) or wireless into a clip on mirror. Prices for those started from about 3,000 Baht ish. I chose to wire it into a GPS with 5" LCD display which cost a bit more, but it killed 2 birds with 1 stone as I needed a GPS anyway. Nothing flashy, it ain't a Garmin or anything but it works a treat. I just wish I could get the woman to stop telling me to turn left in Chinese :D

There are plenty of other options, just as effective, just make sure whoever fits it doesn't mount the camera in the hole above the license plate - the one you're supposed to use to lower the spare wheel through.

Incidentally, I originally had grand ideas of ordering the Ford OEM camera/mirror kit from the USA (that comes standard on the 3.2 WT) but it was working out at 331 USD around 10,000 Baht just for the parts, including logo emblem, camera, wiring & mirror. I wouldn't have fancied fitting it myself either to be honest so I don't know how much that would have cost on top. Plus there was a niggling doubt in my mind if I would have to change the mirror stem, which as I understand it is attached to the rain sensor on windshield (?). So I decided not to pursue it incase it got messy.

Just a quick heads-up for those lucky enough to have taken delivery of a new Ranger already - all double cab models have been recalled in AU/NZ for a rear seatbelt defect. No word from Ford TH yet, but suspecting local variants have the same issue.

Just a quick heads-up for those lucky enough to have taken delivery of a new Ranger already - all double cab models have been recalled in AU/NZ for a rear seatbelt defect. No word from Ford TH yet, but suspecting local variants have the same issue.

I wonder what kind of defect?

I've noticed,that the EU model middle rear seat belt has a shoulder strap while in TH there is only a waist strap...not sure about AU/NZ models...

I don't know the new Ranger specifically but the usual problem with trucks is stiff rear springs for load rating. Running tyre pressures around the minimum recommended level for the load and speed helps a bit.

More significant improvement would need modifications if you have the budget and not worried about the Ford warranty. Air suspension would be good if there are any suppliers in Thailand?

If you can sacrifice load carrying ability and use softer springs, the ride could be improved. Another thread mentioned a Thai company, exo4x4 modifying pickups and SUV's by changing leaf spring / drum brake rear ends to coil springs / disc brakes. ARB or OME etc are probably offering something in Australia by now.

Edited by Jitar

Anyone got any tips on making pickups not so bumpy?

I love the Ford, but as most pickups, its quite a bumpy ride, I heard putting 200 sandbags at the back will help, but I think there must be another way.

If not, I will just have to get used to it.

Maybe the recommended tyre pressures for the Ranger are too high for "normal load" if you're carrying nothing. 35psi. My Strada recommends 29psi for normal load.

Or you could trade the Ranger in for a Fiesta. Excellent city run around. AND comes in your favourite colour sick.gif

If I may ask, how much did they charge you for the camera? Did you have it done at the Ford showroom?

I purchased a cheap wireless deal on Ebay. mirror is clip on. camera sender is hard wired to the left reverse light and mirror/screen to the plug it the headliner. took less than 20 minutes to install.

Funny last night I* went through macca's drive through and the mirror/screen lit up with a perfectly clear picture of their store room !!!

Even better is Ive just had confirmation my 35/12.5/20 Nitto Trail Grappler tyres will be here next week. time for that 4" suspension lift.

Anyone else seeing rust on your new truck's nuts? Mine is two months old with 5km and not near the sea in Issan.

I wouldn't be happy with that either. Especially the Anti Roll Bar bracket. (1st photo) The others won't really cause a problem, they just don't look good.

Mine is 5 weeks old and 4700 kms. Absolutely no rust visible anywhere. Yet............