Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The R.R.P on this is Bt.829.000, I know which way I would go if buying one.

I understand that but you'd have to wait 6+ months to get your hands on one, as I discovered this week on a visit to Ford Pattaya.

Read the thread, Pattaya is NOT your only eastern seaboard option.

OP probably paid the old price of 799k with the free insurance, so around 807k on the road. If he bought the bedliner (about 8k ?) then he's asking full price for a used car?

Should be easy enough to get that sort of money from a desperate Pattaya punter despite being a black 'un.

OP probably paid the old price of 799k with the free insurance, so around 807k on the road. If he bought the bedliner (about 8k ?) then he's asking full price for a used car?

Should be easy enough to get that sort of money from a desperate Pattaya punter despite being a black 'un.

It's not just a 'used car',it's a highly desirable New Ranger,which if one want new,will have to wait months for ....or have it immediately,but without the 'new' car smell smile.png

It's not just a 'used car',it's a highly desirable New Ranger,which if one want new,will have to wait months for ....or have it immediately,but without the 'new' car smell smile.png

Get on the Phone, if your not fussy about colour you will get one with delivery km's and the new car smell, if on the other hand you want a Wildtrak well then take what you can get new or secondhand.

Edited by Spoonman

Well good to their word my WT showed up at the dealer yesterday, unfortunately I won't get home for another 10 days so it will have to sit there until then.

Would post a picture but I forget how tongue.png

BTW, it has a black rear bumper.

Not all THAT desirable.... it's only a bog-standard, black XLT, not a bluetooth and leather WT.

Not all THAT desirable.... it's only a bog-standard, black XLT, not a bluetooth and leather WT.

..." a bluetooth and leather"....this is what I'll be looking for in THE TRUCK.....next cheesy.gif

Does anyone know if you can play music from an iPhone through the USB connection? I can only seem to get it to work through the line in port and headphone jack...

I thought the stereo was meant to have iPod integration.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated;-)

Oh and for the sake of others asking wait times etc. I just picked up a white four door Wildtrak from Ford in Chiang Mai after only a few days wait...

Does anyone know if you can play music from an iPhone through the USB connection? I can only seem to get it to work through the line in port and headphone jack...

Oh and for the sake of others asking wait times etc. I just picked up a white four door Wildtrak from Ford in Chiang Mai after only a few days wait...

Sorry mate I don't know about via the cable, but I know that you can play music thats stored on your phone via a Bluetooth connection.

Yes,

connect the usb cable

press the AUX button

Select iPod in the truck's menu

it should start playing, otherwise select a track from the menu.

Thanks guys... It suddenly started working through bluetooth, which is great! The 2011 Honda Accord had terrible iPod integration... This Ford is head and shoulders above with the standard stereo/bluetooth.

Now can anyone recommend a good place to get either a reversing camera or at least some reversing sensors fitted in Chiang Mai?

Thanks guys... It suddenly started working through bluetooth, which is great! The 2011 Honda Accord had terrible iPod integration... This Ford is head and shoulders above with the standard stereo/bluetooth.

Now can anyone recommend a good place to get either a reversing camera or at least some reversing sensors fitted in Chiang Mai?

Ford CM will fit reversing sensors, but they just get a subcontractor to come to do the job.

Took the truck in on Sat for the 15k service at nearly 17k, just been so busy of late.

It cost 3,400 for the 15k service, which I thought was good. I also got my white plates after 9 months :)

I asked them to change around the tires. I was busy and left the truck with them for half the day. When I returned they assured me they'd switched them around, not until I showed them the crayon X I had drew on did they actually acknowledge they were lying. I wasn't too happy about that, and didn't have the time to wait for them to switch them over right there and then.

Other than that, it drives and sounds a lot smoother now.

My auto gear box has still been making a grinding noise at lower gears though, but only under strain, has anyone else's been doing this?

So......have been told by a shop here in Hua Hin that the aluminum roller top that Carryboy makes is not available in Thailand, for export only. Yet some on this forum have said they have seen them installed on Rangers here.

Second the same shop tells me that 3M Crystalline window film is no longer available........

Seems like a run around to me

So......have been told by a shop here in Hua Hin that the aluminum roller top that Carryboy makes is not available in Thailand, for export only. Yet some on this forum have said they have seen them installed on Rangers here.

Second the same shop tells me that 3M Crystalline window film is no longer available........

Raiton sell the roller lids:

http://raitonlock.com/product.detail_670205_th_4646873

Raiton sell the roller lids:

http://raitonlock.co...0205_th_4646873

Thanks for that, but it looks like they are only in black and bronze (want white) and also not sure if they are motorized as the carryboy ones appear to be.

Took the truck in on Sat for the 15k service at nearly 17k, just been so busy of late.

It cost 3,400 for the 15k service, which I thought was good. I also got my white plates after 9 months smile.png

I asked them to change around the tires. I was busy and left the truck with them for half the day. When I returned they assured me they'd switched them around, not until I showed them the crayon X I had drew on did they actually acknowledge they were lying. I wasn't too happy about that, and didn't have the time to wait for them to switch them over right there and then.

My auto gear box has still been making a grinding noise at lower gears though, but only under strain, has anyone else's been doing this?

I did my 15 k service report a few pages back... now +21k and counting!

If you have been tracking your fuel consumption using the onboard dash function, make a note of the number and then reset it. I have seen an improvement of a little over 1 liter/100k in my average consumption since the service.

My gearbox and changes have never been noisy. I just notice that on these cooler, 18 degree mornings, the auto up-kick takes a bit longer from a cold start but back to normal by the time I reach the main road.

It cost 3,400 for the 15k service, which I thought was good. I also got my white plates after 9 months smile.png

I did my 15 k service report a few pages back... now +21k and counting!

If you have been tracking your fuel consumption using the onboard dash function, make a note of the number and then reset it. I have seen an improvement of a little over 1 liter/100k in my average consumption since the service.

My gearbox and changes have never been noisy. I just notice that on these cooler, 18 degree mornings, the auto up-kick takes a bit longer from a cold start but back to normal by the time I reach the main road.

Quite normal. This feature is designed to bring operating temperatures up to normal quickly for reduced emissions.

Brought my new WT home in pouring rain yesterday so got to see the rain sensing wipers working. Pretty impressive, speed changed according to intensity of the rain.

Had a look at the mirror setup as I have my reverse camera kit to install. There is a sensor affixed to the windshield below the mirror (rain sensor?) but it is separate from the mirror so should not pose a problem. Just have to figure out how the factory mirror is held on as I didn't see a set screw.

Impressed with the ride quality of the WT, better than our Pajero sport. Wife commented on how quiet the engine is compared to the Mitsu as well.

Actually I did a search on YouTube and it looks like if you slip a small screw driver into a slot on the bottom that will release it and then wiggle it up.

There is a Thai fellow who posted the install of the reverse camera unit, but he filmed it at night so almost impossible to see what he did rolleyes.gif