Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Some initial 'light weight' road tests are now published. Is it against forum rules to post a link?

Bangkok Post does not allow us to post links or quote them, except for them, go ahead

As I say, these are a bit light on substance, but only a few days old and both from the same Ford AU drive programme.Both tests give a very positive impression.

Happy reading!

http://www.themotorr...o-manual-review

http://www.goauto.co...A25791700021AEE

cool

assuming Ranger TH will be 4 airbags only, but rest of the specs seem to be same

looking forward to it. bored of old tunas

It may well prove to be an unexpected sales success in TH. It looks really promising so far doesn't it? I'd like to see a top spec XLT. Basically a Wildtrak without the goofy roof rails and roll bar. Maybe they can be easily removed without trace. I need to look closer when the time comes.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an email from my local dealer informing me that on the weekend of the 15th there will be a demo at our Robinson's department store. I'm not sure if this is nation wide or only for Trang province but give you're dealer a call and find out.smile.gif

I received an email from my local dealer informing me that on the weekend of the 15th there will be a demo at our Robinson's department store. I'm not sure if this is nation wide or only for Trang province but give you're dealer a call and find out.smile.gif

Well been told by wife unit that, having seen pics etc, she now wants the new Ranger....so obey as I must ..

We will probably pop down to take a look on 15th... so knowing I always get lost in Trang, could you please give me some pointers to the dealership..thx

d

edit: oh it's at the Robinsons store??Where is that??

Edited by David006

It's on the corner of Sri Trang1 and Thanon Phattalung Lat; 7.56403982351038 Long; 99.62525684747698 or this is an old map before it was built (Can't find an up to date one) My link smile.gif

Thanks for that..assume that is Robinsons?

Yes, sorry!

cheers, better order a <deleted> gps with the new truck ..lol

Ford Thailand have now announced pricing for 3 of the new Ranger models:

• Open Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6MT RWD 699000
  • Double Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6AT RWD 799000
  • Double Cab 2.2L 150PS/375Nm Wildtrack 6AT RWD 869000

Where did you get the info from?jap.gif

:lol: :lol: work

70k for wildtrack, is it worth it?

I was thinking the same. The current XLT is 780K while the Wildtrak with 18inch wheels is 828k so 48k difference whereas the new Ranger Wildtrak will be 70k more than the new Ranger XLT.

I was thinking the same. The current XLT is 780K while the Wildtrak with 18inch wheels is 828k so 48k difference whereas the new Ranger Wildtrak will be 70k more than the new Ranger XLT.

ad all wildtracks seem to come with matt black doorhandles which I do not like, and xlt comes with chromed, and xlt has less ugly stickers to peal off

Ford sent us a PR..

It's now on their website too: http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/Satellite?c=DFYPage&cid=1178851732409&pagename=wrapper&site=FTHEN&sub_c=DFYArticle&sub_cid=1248925817933

ad all wildtracks seem to come with matt black doorhandles which I do not like, and xlt comes with chromed, and xlt has less ugly stickers to peal off

Wildtrak adds: 18" wheels, LSD, Cruise Control, Leather seats, Bluetooth/USB/Ipod/Voice Control stereo, steering wheel controls, larger 5" color screen, welcome lamps, roof rails, rollover bar, box rails, and sport bar.

It's not clear whether the 2.2L/RWD models come with traction and stability control however... dubious by their ommission from the PR... :annoyed:

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Wildtrak adds: 18" wheels, LSD, Cruise Control, Leather seats, Bluetooth/USB/Ipod/Voice Control stereo, steering wheel controls, larger 5" color screen, welcome lamps, roof rails, rollover bar, box rails, and sport bar.

It's not clear whether the 2.2L/RWD models come with traction and stability control however... dubious by their ommission from the PR... :annoyed:

yep, just read the Ford TH release, and its not clear. but as they come with limited slip, traction and stability is not likely in these models

considering getting a blue 2,2 wildtrack now, as no idea on how long to wait for 3,2 4x4.

yep, just read the Ford TH release, and its not clear. but as they come with limited slip, traction and stability is not likely in these models

considering getting a blue 2,2 wildtrack now, as no idea on how long to wait for 3,2 4x4.

Chili Orange for me :)

Have you seen the torque curve on the 3.2L yet? It's making more than 400Nm at 1250RPM, 470Nm from 1500-2750RPM, and still making 400Nm at 3300 RPM.

I'll wait :D

It's like comparing the 1KD-FTV to a pre-commonrail Isuzu - it annihilates everything in the segment ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Have you seen the torque curve on the 3.2L yet? It's making more than 400Nm at 1250RPM, 470Nm from 1500-2750RPM, and still making 400Nm at 3300 RPM.

It's like comparing the 1KD-FTV to a pre-commonrail Isuzu - it annihilates everything in the segment ;)

I agree. It's got enough torque to climb a steamy mirror. When do you reckon it's going to be released?

Edited by Woodsie888

I agree. It's got enough torque to climb a steamy mirror. When do you reckon it's going to be released?

No doubt I will be the owner of a red metallic 3,2 4x4 wildtrack within a few (or perhaps up to six) months. its just that a need a ride now, and if ford can deliver a 2,2 wildtrack in a month, it will do. choosing blue 2,2, as my Gf likes it, I cant stand any more silver and more easy resale than red :)

No doubt I will be the owner of a red metallic 3,2 4x4 wildtrack within a few (or perhaps up to six) months. its just that a need a ride now, and if ford can deliver a 2,2 wildtrack in a month, it will do. choosing blue 2,2, as my Gf likes it, I cant stand any more silver and more easy resale than red :)

As far as I'm aware, the Wildtrak models will only be available in Orange or White.. The XLT will have a broader range of colors available though.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

No confirmed info on this. Rumors put it anywhere from November to January.

Do you think the top spec will have Nav?

I think I will go for the double cab high rider AT. Cheaper than the equivalent Vigo Champ, and looks like it is the bee's knees. I'm in, but I don't know how long I will have to wait for it. I'll check with the local Ford dealer.

But I just read this 'The Double Cab 4x2 H-Rider 2.2L XLT with automatic transmission is available for the pre-launch price of Bt.799,000. ' which implies the XLT price will increase soon after release. Is just the XLT a pre-launch price or all models?

But I just read this 'The Double Cab 4x2 H-Rider 2.2L XLT with automatic transmission is available for the pre-launch price of Bt.799,000. ' which implies the XLT price will increase soon after release. Is just the XLT a pre-launch price or all models?

recieved an email from ford, stating these are motorshow prices, and are likely to increase during/after motorshow. they are so far not sure they can offer 25% down / 1,99% on 48 terms, as interest is/will increase with new inflation goaled government. "Non subsidised" interest is presently 2,9%, and its easy to get 3,5% on 12 months savingsaccount

but I bet they will do above finance initial motorshow days anyway, just to win the race :)

and they seem unable to deliver anything before November 25th :angry:

Well, the Facebook page you linked to has an image which states these prices are *including* the 1st car buyer rebate..

So based on that, the prices would be:

• Open Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6MT RWD 699000 + 16,000
  • Double Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6AT RWD 799000 + 76000
  • Double Cab 2.2L 150PS/375Nm Wildtrack 6AT RWD 869000 + 81000

There's nothing in the English PR to say that the announced prices were dependant on qualifying for the 1st car buyer rebate, so the prices above are either a marketing gimmick, or it's time to go make a booking :)