Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Dropped by my Ford dealer again today to see if there was any more news about when the new model will be released and was surprised by how much discount Ford are offering on the old model and the 0% on the finance too. I could get a 2011 2.5TDCI 4dr Wildtrak 5spd Auto with 18inch alloys for about 100,000 baht less than a 2012 2.2TDCI 4dr 6spd Auto XLT. Is the new 2012 2.2 TDCI XLT Ranger really worth an extra 100,000baht over a 2011 2.5TDCI Wildtrak?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the new 2012 2.2 TDCI XLT Ranger really worth an extra 100,000baht over a 2011 2.5TDCI Wildtrak?

Yes.

:)

Why?

The old model is a really good truck and is not a very old design. blink.gif Buy one of those and save yourself 100,000 THB, then somebody else can slip up the waiting list, one spot for the new one.laugh.gif

Edited by Woodsie888

Is the new 2012 2.2 TDCI XLT Ranger really worth an extra 100,000baht over a 2011 2.5TDCI Wildtrak?

Yes.

Why?

• Crash safety (4/5 Stars vs 2/3)
  • Fuel economy (~14% better - if you're a high miler, the 100K price difference could be paid back in as a little as 3-4 years with this alone)
  • NVH (T6 promises to be much quieter and smoother)
  • Power (150HP/375Nm vs 144HP/330Nm)
  • Handling and comfort (T6 ranger chassis is 80% stiffer, uses extra long rear leaf springs for better ride quality, and has longer wheelbase)
  • Size (T6 has a substantially bigger cabin)
  • 6AT vs 5AT
  • In-cabin tech
  • Overall design

Yes.

Why?

• Crash safety (4/5 Stars vs 2/3)
  • Fuel economy (~14% better - if you're a high miler, the 100K price difference could be paid back in as a little as 3-4 years with this alone)
  • NVH (T6 promises to be much quieter and smoother)
  • Power (150HP/375Nm vs 144HP/330Nm)
  • Handling and comfort (T6 ranger chassis is 80% stiffer, uses extra long rear leaf springs for better ride quality, and has longer wheelbase)
  • Size (T6 has a substantially bigger cabin)
  • 6AT vs 5AT
  • In-cabin tech
  • Overall design

T6 it is then!

Just came back from the Ford dealer in CM(the new one on Mae Jo Rd) and I was able to to see the new 2.2 T6 4dr...VERY IMPRESSIVE !!! ...AND BIG !!! They should have a Grand Opening tomorrow,but the one T6 (and THE ONLY ONE!!) was put on the display today after 5pm(I've guessed it right).

Now,because there is only ONE TO SHOW,there is no test drives.The truck is impressive,specially compering to the "old" one on the same floor.The interior looks great,all black,the seats modern and also black fabric(I don't want leather anymore).More models should arrive on 26th Oct.

Prices for:

Open cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 XLT MT 699,000 Baht

Double Cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 XLT AT 799,000 Baht

Double Cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 L Wildtrak AT 869,000 Baht

I've put deposit on the 2.2 XLT AT...now,how long to wait ? I don't think the salsman new himself,because he said : "One month" !!...not possible I think,so maybe somebody else will get it right tomorrow...yes,I'm going back there!

Just came back from the Ford dealer in CM(the new one on Mae Jo Rd) and I was able to to see the new 2.2 T6 4dr...VERY IMPRESSIVE !!! ...AND BIG !!! They should have a Grand Opening tomorrow,but the one T6 (and THE ONLY ONE!!) was put on the display today after 5pm(I've guessed it right).

Now,because there is only ONE TO SHOW,there is no test drives.The truck is impressive,specially compering to the "old" one on the same floor.The interior looks great,all black,the seats modern and also black fabric(I don't want leather anymore).More models should arrive on 26th Oct.

Prices for:

Open cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 XLT MT 699,000 Baht

Double Cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 XLT AT 799,000 Baht

Double Cab 4x2 Hi-rider 2.2 L Wildtrak AT 869,000 Baht

I've put deposit on the 2.2 XLT AT...now,how long to wait ? I don't think the salsman new himself,because he said : "One month" !!...not possible I think,so maybe somebody else will get it right tomorrow...yes,I'm going back there!

Depends what colour you ordered , if white or orange they will be delivering in mid Nov. any other colour is about a month later.

Mro

I can get the 2wd 2.2 widltrak in about 5-6 weeks (according to dealer). Actually I want but don't need 4wd, I do need lsd for towing and other than that am I correct to understand 3.2 vs 2.2 has

- better power obviously

- 18 inch rims vs 17

- heated seats

- reverse camera

- 4wd

- ???

The 3.2 is obviously in a class of its own power wise; how does the 2.2 stack up is it a decent engine also?

I am close to pulling the plug now as I need a vehicle now; give me some reasons to wait and I may do so. Likely cost of the 3.2 is 1.05m at a guess; I am choosing this insteado f an x1 or top spec crv so I am already saving money, budget not the issue.

I need a vehicle now; give me some reasons to wait, budget not the issue.

Budget not an issue?

Then it is easy.

Rent something nice lika a Range Rover or Cayenne for a couple of months until

they deliver.

They are safe, big, decent cars with about 500HP

range-rover-home.jpgnews_26868.jpg

Mro

I can get the 2wd 2.2 widltrak in about 5-6 weeks (according to dealer). Actually I want but don't need 4wd, I do need lsd for towing and other than that am I correct to understand 3.2 vs 2.2 has

- better power obviously

- 18 inch rims vs 17

- heated seats

- reverse camera

- 4wd

- ???

The 3.2 is obviously in a class of its own power wise; how does the 2.2 stack up is it a decent engine also?

I am close to pulling the plug now as I need a vehicle now; give me some reasons to wait and I may do so. Likely cost of the 3.2 is 1.05m at a guess; I am choosing this insteado f an x1 or top spec crv so I am already saving money, budget not the issue.

The 3.2L Wildtrack adds the following over the 2.2L Wildtrak:

• Privacy Glass
  • Dual zone A/C
  • Drink cooler in center console
  • 8-way electric driver's chair
  • Heated seats (pie warmer? ;))
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • Side aribags
  • Curtain Airbags
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Reversing camera
  • Alarm system
  • Electronic stability / Hill launch / Traction Control
  • 18" Alloys

The questions are, will there be a 3.2L 2WD version as well as a 4WD, and what's the price difference... Tough decision without knowing those.

That said, the 2.2L versions that we have prices are are very, very competitive against the competition.

As an example, the 2.2L 6AT 2WD XLT Hi-Rider 4-door is 799K - the nearest equivelant D-Max is 873K (but adds navigation), and the nearest Colorado is 905K (but comes with the 2.8L engine - which is ~30K more than the 2.5L).

So it would appear there's no such thing as a bad choice when it comes to the current 3 Ranger models that have been released so far...

Just seen a 2.2 manual 4x4 XLT at Big C in Chiang Rai, very nice indeed! Noticeably bigger than the outgoing model and an extremely roomy, modern interior compared to others I've sat in recently. I saw the new Colorado a few days ago and, although it looks nice from the outside, the interior did nothing for me but it was the opposite when I sat in the very swanky 2012 Triton Plus, was tempted to go for that instead...until I saw the Ranger for the first time today. Now just have to decide between the Wildtrak & XLT.

Edited by skybluestu

If you look at the updated charts I posted (here: ), and keep your attention in the more critical 1500RPM-3000RPM zone (that's the range that translates into real-world driveability), you'll see that the Ford 2.2L has great low-down grunt, and is well and truly up there with the best 2.5's (Nissan w/4X4 and Mitsu w/5MT), and with AT and 2WD, beats them both.

Even more surprising is that with only 2.2L it's even making the 3.0L Toyota look weak - it's an impressive engine.

It also (comparatively) quiet too - max SPL for the engine is 75dB vs. 83dB for Isuzu, 81dB for Mistu and Nissan, and 76dB for the Toyota 3.0L

The 3.2L Wildtrack adds the following over the 2.2L Wildtrak:

• Privacy Glass
  • Dual zone A/C
  • Drink cooler in center console
  • 8-way electric driver's chair
  • Heated seats (pie warmer? ;))
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • Side aribags
  • Curtain Airbags
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Reversing camera
  • Alarm system
  • Electronic stability / Hill launch / Traction Control
  • 18" Alloys

The questions are, will there be a 3.2L 2WD version as well as a 4WD, and what's the price difference... Tough decision without knowing those.

That said, the 2.2L versions that we have prices are are very, very competitive against the competition.

As an example, the 2.2L 6AT 2WD XLT Hi-Rider 4-door is 799K - the nearest equivelant D-Max is 873K (but adds navigation), and the nearest Colorado is 905K (but comes with the 2.8L engine - which is ~30K more than the 2.5L).

So it would appear there's no such thing as a bad choice when it comes to the current 3 Ranger models that have been released so far...

Great info. 3.2 would win for sure if it was available now. Would u also say the 2.2 is class leading engine of that size, and not an old clunker like the current range of diesels?

Budget unlimited (for average person) means < 2m baht to purchase. If the bigger one is coming in at 1m baht or thereabouts seems excellently priced for what u outline above.....

So now, to play the waiting game or not. I think ford is going to do very well with this truck.

The kerb weight of Ranger 2.2 4 door 2WD is 1.9 Ton according to Ford Australia website, while Toyota Prerunner 2.5 4E 2WD is only 1.6Ton.

Anyone has idea what makes 300kg difference ?

Ranger is bigger (224mm longer, 90mm wider), has a much, much more substanstial chassis (it's gross combined mass is almost a full ton more [5950KG vs. 4960KG]), the Oz version you're comparing has the full safety pack with 6 airbags, and other wieght adders like additional sound deadening materal, and at the weight you've quoted has Automatic too (which accounts for ~50KG alone) ..

I'm not eligible as a 3rd time car buyer for a new car and won't park it in someone elses name....so it seems like the 2WD wildtrak is 80k more expensive for me (and thus likely to drop in value slightly faster) than the 4WD which i am sure will not come in under 1m baht.

I've been told price announced on the 4WD in end of Nov most likely, and delivery for 2WD can be in Dec, delivery of the 4WD in likely Feb.

Had originally thought the orange is awesome, but now thinking it is a fashion colour, and will probably end up buying white. White is classic.

What a great car. It's now just a choice of 4WD or 2WD wildtrak; the icebox wins, 4WD it is!

Sure we will, initially only in the 3.2L Wildtrak model, but eventually safety features will make their way down the model chain (remembering that the new Ranger will likely have a model life of 6-8 years). The good news is, even without the side airbags and stability control, it's still a 4-star vehicle.

I've been told price announced on the 4WD in end of Nov most likely

Yep, the official launch for the Ranger is the end of Nov (i.e. the Motor Show).

Any delays expected due to the floods?

No way will the Ranger launch at the Motorshow be effected by the floods, unless the motorshow itself is effected by the floods..