Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I am waiting on the 3.2 wildtrack to replace my current Vigo. Wish they would hurry up and release the thing! I was going to get a white one but the Metropolitan Grey is growing on me and would probably be a more practical colour.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone pm or post Ford APA's email please? I am going to send them an email complaining about the lack of service and information from their sales people. I am not a happy camper. mad.gif

No Email, but this may assist.

Ford Call Center is ready to respond to your inquiries daily from 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. on Monday to Friday, and from 8.30 a.m. to 12.30 a.m. on Saturday at 02-686-5899. Clients residing outside Bangkok may call the toll-free number 1800-293-333.

Ford Call Center may also be reached by fax at 0-2686-5875 and postal mail at Ford Sales and Service (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Lake Ratchada Office Complex, 36th Floor, 193/144-145 Ratchadapisake Road, Klongtoei, Klongtoei, Bangkok 10110

After reading the post on the BT50, I went to the website and reviewed the Mazda, just to re-assure myself that I have done the right thing buying the Aurora Blue XLT Ranger. I am glad I bought the Ford. The Mazda may have the leading edge on a few of the specs, but dam_n...that thing is seriously PIG UGLY !!!!

After reading the post on the BT50, I went to the website and reviewed the Mazda, just to re-assure myself that I have done the right thing buying the Aurora Blue XLT Ranger. I am glad I bought the Ford. The Mazda may have the leading edge on a few of the specs, but dam_n...that thing is seriously PIG UGLY !!!!

I was also interested but I can only find the old model listed on their site, nor any pricing passifier.gif

I don’t know what engine it had, but I saw a black Wildtrack with red tags on at a light yesterday and it looked great. IMHO, it’s nice that the Wildtrack badging is much more subdued than the previous version, and they dropped all the cheesy body cladding. I didn’t get much of a look, but it seemed much classier than the older model.

Guys, I have followed this topic for couple of weeks now and I pretty much enjoy it :),

Anyhow, I got a quote from Ford Samutprakarn:

Double Cab 2.2L Hi-Rider XLT 6 AT 799,000 Baht.

Down payment = 400,000 Baht

Finance arrangement = 399,000 Baht

Installment 3 years 36 months, interest 2.35% per month = 11,865 Baht

Installment 4 years 48 months, interest 2.35% per month = 9,094 Baht

Installment 5 years 60 months, interest 2.45% per month = 7,465 Baht

Installment 6 years 72 months, interest 2.55% per month = 6,390 Baht

Promotion

First class car insurance ( Viriya ) 1 year

License plate frame

Rubber flooring, 4 pieces

Flim 3m, lamina, or Hi-Kool

Double Cab 2.2L Hi-Rider Wlidtrack 6 AT 869,000 Baht

Down payment = 400,000 Baht

Finance arrangement = 469,000 Baht

Installment 3 years 36 months, interest 2.35% per month = 13,947 Baht

Installment 4 years 48 months, interest 2.35% per month = 10,690 Baht

Installment 5 years 60 months, interest 2.45% per month = 8,775 Baht

Installment 6 years 72 months, interest 2.55% per month = 7,511 Baht

Promotion

First class car insurance ( Viriya ) 1 year

License plate frame

Rubber flooring, 4 pieces

Flim 3m, lamina, or Hi-Kool

The registration from the red-plate to white will cost additional 6.500 Baht (they say that the sales arent good, so cannot give it for free).

The XLT in blue is available now, but the wildtrak will be delivered on march.

Should I go for the XLT or wait two months and get all the extras, that comes with the wildtrak, I mean their "promotion" isnt that much.

As I said you have to see the BT-50 in real.

I like to buy a ranger but 3.2 and not the Wildtrak, I like the clean look from the xlt, but no 3.2 available, no remote on the steering on the xlt.

I like the D max but old engine and auto.

The colorado has the worst interior.

And if you compare the interior, the mazda wins the race.

I will order a Bt 50 in black, take the siderails of, change the chrome on the mirrors and grill to black.

15cm lower and 22" on. race chip will bring 50 horses with 200kg less then a wildtrak.

Would be fun to drive... With the v8 sound from the 5 cylinder... That's what the oz magazines are saying.

I like to buy a ranger but 3.2 and not the Wildtrak, I like the clean look from the xlt, but no 3.2 available, no remote on the steering on the xlt.

I will order a Bt 50 in black, take the siderails of, change the chrome on the mirrors and grill to black.

15cm lower and 22" on. race chip will bring 50 horses with 200kg less then a wildtrak.

Would be fun to drive... With the v8 sound from the 5 cylinder... That's what the oz magazines are saying.

This comment got me puzzled,

How can the Wiltrak be 200KG more than the BT50 surely that can't be right and if so what's making the Wildtrak so heavy that's not in the BT50?

This comment got me puzzled,

How can the Wiltrak be 200KG more than the BT50 surely that can't be right and if so what's making the Wildtrak so heavy that's not in the BT50?

Would assume Ranger is ready to go weight as in OZ and Europe, while Mazda is dry weight as is common in TH

70Kg fuel, 30Kg oils/liquids, 75kg driver, ad WT rollbar and plastics and 18 inchers

One of my Vigo 3,0auto 4x4 4 door had to be scaled at DLT as it was purchased in BKK but I wanted Phuket reg so did 1st reg myself. Supposed to be 1900Kg, was 2.100Kg with fuel.

Edit My memory failed me on Vigo, with rollbar, bullbar, steel dog cage and 55Kg rottweiler we scaled in at 2200Kg

Bluebook still came with homolegs 1900Kg tho. TiT

How can the 2.2 Wildtrak be 869,000 and the 2.2 Hi Racer be 884,000 seems strange huh.png

I'm also told the BT50 has the reversing camera/mirror same as 3.2L wildtrak. Perhaps this contributes towards it?

Edit: the Ford guy actually told me that the BT50 would actually be cheaper than the Ranger

Edited by Ungabunga

Just got back from the Ford garage in Chachoengsao. After a bit of negotiation we managed to get the normal promotion on the 2.2 opencab XLT (chrome number plate, mats, insurance and film), plus 50% of the cost of the boot liner and a full tank of gas, hypothetically. I tried to push for the free liner but she wouldn't budge. I'm not that happy, but at least she said that if there are any more promotions available by the time we pick the car up, she will add them to the list. It's all verbal, though, so I am still dubious.

This looks interesting - an XLT 3.2 auto non wildtrak on red plates. I thought the 3.2 would be only in wildtrak form here, or is this car for export?

http://www.bt-50.com....php?q_id=27487 Can anyone read the Thai?

Look closer at them pics, showing an Auto and there is no such thing as an AT XLT with 3.2 in Thailand! The 3.2 is only going to be available in the Wildtrack according to Ranger brochure! SOmeone playing with plates as only has a front plate, so maybe in another country and just used for pics!

This looks interesting - an XLT 3.2 auto non wildtrak on red plates. I thought the 3.2 would be only in wildtrak form here, or is this car for export?

So far, Ford TH have released specs on 18 variants, and pricing on just 9 of them. The 2011 TH range had 26 variants, so no reason to expect they won't be adding a few more variants to the 2012 lineup once their production capacity improves.

No 3.2L in the lower XL, XLS and XLT variants, and no 3.2L with MT is like shooting yourself in the foot - this is a pickup afterall ;)

So far, Ford TH have released specs on 18 variants, and pricing on just 9 of them. The 2011 TH range had 26 variants, so no reason to expect they won't be adding a few more variants to the 2012 lineup once their production capacity improves.

No 3.2L in the lower XL, XLS and XLT variants, and no 3.2L with MT is like shooting yourself in the foot - this is a pickup afterall wink.png

The XLT pictured also appears to have Dual Zone Climate Control which is only available on Wildtrak according to TH brochure.

Look closer at them pics, showing an Auto and there is no such thing as an AT XLT with 3.2 in Thailand! The 3.2 is only going to be available in the Wildtrack according to Ranger brochure! SOmeone playing with plates as only has a front plate, so maybe in another country and just used for pics!

The plate says Rayong. This is possibly a factory test vehicle for the AU market.

The plate says Rayong. This is possibly a factory test vehicle for the AU market.

From the first picture, it looks like the Thai Fire Service has just got a new truck.

No 3.2L in the lower XL, XLS and XLT variants, and no 3.2L with MT is like shooting yourself in the foot - this is a pickup afterall wink.png

The XLT pictured also appears to have Dual Zone Climate Control which is only available on Wildtrak according to TH brochure.

It also has cruise control, and steering wheel audio controls - which are not available on current TH-spec XLT's.. Note that those photos we're all talking about are very recent (the exif data shows they were taken around 10:15AM on Jan 27th 2012 using a Samsung Galaxy Cooper phone) - so no reason to suspect it's a tester for some other market (testing is long done).

My guess? Later this year we'll see a 3.2L doublecab 4x4 XLT with dual zone climate, cruise and steering wheel audio controls, and it'll be their (just) under-1M top-spec. Of the Thai poeple looking for a top-spec pickup, very, very few will want the rollbar, roof rails and escpecially the box rails on the Wildtrak (which make it completely useless for most use-cases) - The WT is just a good profit-maker for taking advantage of the early-adopters.

I also expect we'll see a single cab XL 3.2L 6MT (base-spec pickups with big engines have very good sales in TH so cannot be ignored), and at least a couple more grades with the 3.2L.

No sense in announcing them when they just can't be delivered yet though... And personally, if I was a Ford product planner, I'd keep the 3.2L XLT as the ace up my sleeve to help steal some thunder from the launch of the 190HP Hilux refresh wink.png

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

My guess? Later this year we'll see a 3.2L doublecab 4x4 XLT with dual zone climate, cruise and steering wheel audio controls, and it'll be their (just) under-1M top-spec. Of the Thai poeple looking for a top-spec pickup, very, very few will want the rollbar, roof rails and escpecially the box rails on the Wildtrak (which make it completely useless for most use-cases) - The WT is just a good profit-maker for taking advantage of the early-adopters.

I also expect we'll see a single cab XL 3.2L 6MT (base-spec pickups with big engines have very good sales in TH so cannot be ignored), and at least a couple more grades with the 3.2L.

No sense in announcing them when they just can't be delivered yet though... And personally, if I was a Ford product planner, I'd keep the 3.2L XLT as the ace up my sleeve to help steal some thunder from the launch of the 190HP Hilux refresh wink.png

What do you think are the chances of a 2.2L XLT hi-rider with a few extra goodies being made available?

It also has cruise control, and steering wheel audio controls - which are not available on current TH-spec XLT's.. Note that those photos we're all talking about are very recent (the exif data shows they were taken around 10:15AM on Jan 27th 2012 using a Samsung Galaxy Cooper phone) - so no reason to suspect it's a tester for some other market (testing is long done).

agreed, if this XLT 4x4 auto 3,2 with photos spec had been available today at 999k baht, I would order it over the Mazda BT50, and in TRUE RED as picturedgiggle.gif

From the first picture, it looks like the Thai Fire Service has just got a new truck.

this color by Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep is called FLAME RED. By Ford and Mazda Th its TRUE RED. Love it

What do you think are the chances of a 2.2L XLT hi-rider with a few extra goodies being made available?

The 3.2L XLT version I'm speculating on will need to have a few additional features over the 2.2L XLT, not just a bigger engine - i.e. you always want to position your variants so there's at least a few compelling features worth paying more for (one feature alone is often just not compelling enough to get the higher value sale).

That doesn't mean the 2.2L version will never see improvements though - when the first minor change rolls in (sometime in 2013 is most likley the timing) I would expect a few of the Wildtrak features to start filtering down into the XLT range, and maybe features like Bluetooth,and cruise making their way into the 2.2L XLT. The W/T will likely get a few things it's missing at that stage too, notably GPS, HID/Xenon lights, LED tailights and rear seat entertainment.

As for safety features making it into lower models (i.e. side/curtain airbags, traction/stability control etc), my guess is we'll start seeing those becoming more sought-after features around 2014-2017, as the buying market in TH becomes more matured/knowledgable.

This ia all just me speculating though, so take it all with a few grains of salt wink.png

Edited by MoonRiverOasis