Ubon Drinking Water

ubonrthai

Can someone recommend a drinking water delivery service in Ubon Ratchathani (amphur muang)? The big 20L bottles.

I usually pick up a couple bottles at a time from a local store, but I've noticed a "taste" lately and got a bottle with "scum" on the inside yesterday. Ugh. Looking for an alternative solution.

Edited by ubonrthai

I would not know of any delivery service in Ubon, but we do get delivered every now and then. The delivery car drives by the house and look if we need to have new bottles.

I guess it is like that all over. The easy way to arrange this type of delivery would be to stop the delivery car and make the deal. We have never been disappointed about the quality of the water.

Rain water. That's what we use as our prime drinking and cooking water. No one becomes sick. Actually, the rain water seasonal collection is more common than not. Then, on the other hand, some aren't designed to ingest rain water.

zzaa09 - I agree with that for sure but in Thailand it is an unfortunate necessity.

When I was in Ubon we noticed the neighbours getting those 20L containers delivered so asked them about it and got in on the act.

After the deposit of I think 100 baht per bottle we just left it on the front balcony when it was empty with 10 baht underneath and always the same day it was replaced.

zzaa09 - I agree with that for sure but in Thailand it is an unfortunate necessity.

When I was in Ubon we noticed the neighbours getting those 20L containers delivered so asked them about it and got in on the act.

After the deposit of I think 100 baht per bottle we just left it on the front balcony when it was empty with 10 baht underneath and always the same day it was replaced.

In any case, one still doesn't know where the water originates.

Found what I wanted. The name of the business is Premium. 18.9L bottles. 045245656

22b if you pick it up

30b if they delivery

350b deposit. 100% refund if returned.

Sawadee kap

I'm living in Trakan Phuet Phon and we are using dringking water bottled in the big "white" bottles. We bought them from a local store.

The bottles seem clean and the taste is ok and no bad smell. The bottles are sealed with a shrinking tape but the closure is not tight.

Sometimes i get a bad feeling if the water is rearly from a good quality for dringking. For cooking i think it is not such a big problem,

and to prepare food for the baby we always using boiled water.

But do zou know if the staff of the company "Premium Water" speaks English as well as they do delivery outside of Ubon Ratchathani, too?

• 1 month later...

Thanks again to Ubonrthai,

in the shop, where they sell the water (Gallon and bottled drinking water (600ml), people speak Thai and English.

The deposit for the big bottle ist still 350฿, if you pick it up in the shop 20฿, and for the bottled dinking water

1 pack (12 bottles) 45฿.

If somebody want go to this shop I attached a map with the location of Premium Water.

post-117705-0-11892200-1305702524_thumb.

Edited by AxlSchmidt

In any case, one still doesn't know where the water originates.

No that is correct, just like one has no idea where the food you eat originates from every time you go out to a restaurant.

It looked clean, it smelt good, it tasted good and no one got sick. Ticks all the boxes for me.

I did go take a look at their system and it certainly looked clean. I know absolutely nothing about filtration. It definitely tastes better than what we were getting. You can also call the guy who delivers it at 0804725158. His name is Phet. They can usually deliver within a few hours.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the most convincing long-time scams is the ideal of bottled water....

??

R/O and UV are very appealing products. Soda water is very convienient. Not even sure I can make carbonated water. I can make the clean bacteria free water but I can't be bothered. Got enough to do.