From Chiang Mai - Need To Find Repair Shop For Ford

kvic

Just got into to Cha-am for conference and think the turbo is going/gone in Ford Everest. Any recommendations on where to get it checked/fixed locally. Will be here for a week.

Thanks for any help.

The Shell garage on the main Petchkasem Road has a worksop behind it and a few guys I know have had bits done there OK although not been there myselfe..Go up the Narrathip Road from the beach to the lights, turn Right towards BKK, 200 yards do a U turn and its on the left....other than that Hua Hin has a Ford Showroom just past the hospitol on the right, so they may know somewhere.

The Shell garage on the main Petchkasem Road has a worksop behind it and a few guys I know have had bits done there OK although not been there myselfe..Go up the Narrathip Road from the beach to the lights, turn Right towards BKK, 200 yards do a U turn and its on the left....other than that Hua Hin has a Ford Showroom just past the hospitol on the right, so they may know somewhere.

Thanks for the help ESB. Found out another guy here has some mechanic experience as well as being fluent in Thai, so that should help once I find the place.

How many miles on it? Oil out the back? Put in 2nd and red it, if you can hear a loud moaning sound and your getting oil out the back then it most likely is. But could be just bearings, eitherway a Ford turbo aint gonna be cheap and CA isn't the best place ;)

How many miles on it? Oil out the back? Put in 2nd and red it, if you can hear a loud moaning sound and your getting oil out the back then it most likely is. But could be just bearings, eitherway a Ford turbo aint gonna be cheap and CA isn't the best place ;)

Thanks sam666. The guy that is also here for conference is taking it for a test ride today, and from what I explained to him, he thinks it may just be bearings. Fortunately he does know some places in Hua Hin to go for repairs. I guess that is a benefit of living here most of his life and having a best friend that is a Thai mechanic that does racing mods. Or maybe I should say it is a benefit that I met him. :D

Off the main road through Cha Am heading towards Hua Hin, turn left at the traffic lights onto the road that leads down to the beach. On the left is Family Mart. Turn left there. 100 metres (or so) on the right is a good mechanic in a large building set back off the road a little).. Easy to miss do look for the cars outside his building.

Fairly cheap, reliable and speaks some English. Was recommended to me and I've had no problem with him. Last week ge did the starter motor bushes on my Ford. 400 Baht and done in 3 hours. Head gasket done for 5,000 including oil change and parts.

Tel 0898096098

edit added direction detail

Edited by electrozebra