Stanley Cup Playoffs

Fishenough

Vancouver played their best and their is no dishonor in losing, but what I am disgusted about is the low quality Vancouver fans proving once again they have no class.

When Calgary is in the cup games there is a party in the streets, win or lose, but Vancouver likes to burn cars, losers!

Vancouver played their best and their is no dishonor in losing, but what I am disgusted about is the low quality Vancouver fans proving once again they have no class.

When Calgary is in the cup games there is a party in the streets, win or lose, but Vancouver likes to burn cars, losers!

I'm ashamed to be a Canadian after that display of violence. It would NOT have happened in North Korea or China.

www.vancouversunDOTcom/news/Photos+Angry+Canucks+fans+erupt+violence+Vancouver+streets/4953699/story.html

This is so un-Canadian (and I am not one, but have spent many months visiting) that it is purely shocking. But then, we've seen beery sports fans almost everywhere reveal a seamy streak in their respective societies. With all these pictures, I bet there will be some follow-up by the authorities.

Boston deserves particular credit for persistence, having had all 7 game series. Also for winning in another house - which had been difficult - on the last game.

www.vancouversunDOTcom/news/Photos+Angry+Canucks+fans+erupt+violence+Vancouver+streets/4953699/story.html

This is so un-Canadian (and I am not one, but have spent many months visiting) that it is purely shocking. But then, we've seen beery sports fans almost everywhere reveal a seamy streak in their respective societies. With all these pictures, I bet there will be some follow-up by the authorities.

Boston deserves particular credit for persistence, having had all 7 game series. Also for winning in another house - which had been difficult - on the last game.

Actually, in modern Canada it IS the norm for scum to come out whenever there are crowds. They are NOT sports fans. They are sneeky, cowardly criminals who want to hide behind the skirts of women so they can create havoc while hiding in a crowd. It happens all over Canada. Unfortunately, in our modern nanny state of no discipline or consequences for people's own actions, these riots can be predicted. A whole bunch of us predicted it would happen, but with all the joyous people having a good time the authorities didn't want to bring in the Army as back-up. It would not happen in China or North Korea. The army would just open fire. And, the people would KNOW that and behave. I'm not advocating shooting rioting civilians but we also haven't learned any lessons from previous riots. The ruffians need to be taken out BEFORE the riots start. Many are KNOWN agitators to travel from place to place looking for an excuse to create havoc.

After the sad and disgusting display in Vancouver, now hope there isn't a next year.

The Canucks fans that hung around the riots taking pictures, which is the majority, don't deserve it. Boston won and deserves there victory! Now it's a unbelievably far sadder loss, but unfortunately not surprising.

And if history repeats itself in a dozen or so year would Vancouver have learned a lesson - likely NO. This is one of the few times where I've been a bit 'home sick', wanting to be with all my close friends and family to enjoying the games; glad I was here.

Canada should have a huge disappointment in all the young adults that believe they have a right to express themselves with no regard to the consciences. I do hope that Facebook and Tweeter posts result in many arrests. Standing and posing in front of a burning car shouldn't be a memory you don't want to record or show off.. :sick:

Well, at least nobody was reported as being killed or (I think) badly injured. And the police did not find it required of them to taser or shoot a drunken rowdy. If it's embarrassment you're worried about, consider British fans abroad not long ago - or being an 'American.'

Also, consider that hockey, alone among team sports, encourages - or at least does not forbid - fights, because many fans like them and fighting makes money. We keep track of 'hits,' youtube shows lots of 'hard' hits or 'huge' ones and Don Cherry encourages being tough and all that stuff. European hockey and once the Olympic games called for all the athleticism but no violence. For a lot of hockey fans, the Hanson Brothers were the best in the game (Slapshot). {Hockey fan newbies, youtube it}

Bruins pretty well embarrassed Vancouver after the first two games. Give them credit for sticking to their strengths and for getting the job done. Their goaltending was amazing, while Luongo choked big time in game 6, big turning point IMO. And to win it on the road in game 7, they surely deserved the Cup. Great playoffs for Boston, they earned my respect.

And I hate the freakin Bruins! ph34r.gif

Well, at least nobody was reported as being killed or (I think) badly injured. And the police did not find it required of them to taser or shoot a drunken rowdy. If it's embarrassment you're worried about, consider British fans abroad not long ago - or being an 'American.'

Also, consider that hockey, alone among team sports, encourages - or at least does not forbid - fights, because many fans like them and fighting makes money. We keep track of 'hits,' youtube shows lots of 'hard' hits or 'huge' ones and Don Cherry encourages being tough and all that stuff. European hockey and once the Olympic games called for all the athleticism but no violence. For a lot of hockey fans, the Hanson Brothers were the best in the game (Slapshot). {Hockey fan newbies, youtube it}

It's most definitly not an embarrassment. I'm proudly Canadian, raised on hockey, but when it comes to fighting always:

Keep it on the ice!

What you said Isabai