Culinairy Arts School

bass69

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know of Culinairy Arts schools that provide intership studies in Chang Mai? And what are the visa requirements for that? It's for a philippine young woman.

All the information anybody has will help a lot.

Thanks in advance!!

As a graduate of the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) their policy is that all students can find their own externship. This is technically not part of the studies but the experience part of the program. If you or the student contacts me on PM I can see if there is anyway I can help.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Do you then have any info on Culinairy Arts schools in Chang Mai? And I don't mean the schools that only do courses for farangs like in a few lessons, but like at least a year or so?

There are a couple schools with courses around town for Thais to learn to cook - ones that take a semester or more. Not sure of the curriculum though. I believe there are diff courses depending if the person wants to learn to cook Thai or Western food or both. Knowledge of both or either is handy for most Thais planning to work in the country or planning on cooking abroad. I know there's one school way way down Hang Dong Rd., though its name slips my mind at the moment. A couple of the schools in town advertise themselves in local CM Thai publications. You might do well to thumb thru a couple magazines and see what you find. The lady you speak of might fit in well with the Thais... and a plus if she can speak some Thai of course. Usually the school adverts contain enough English in them for you to figure out what's going on and whom/how to contact.

I believe some of the vocational schools around town have courses too. I'll ask some people I know n see if I can get better leads or info for you.

There are a couple schools with courses around town for Thais to learn to cook - ones that take a semester or more. Not sure of the curriculum though. I believe there are diff courses depending if the person wants to learn to cook Thai or Western food or both. Knowledge of both or either is handy for most Thais planning to work in the country or planning on cooking abroad. I know there's one school way way down Hang Dong Rd., though its name slips my mind at the moment. A couple of the schools in town advertise themselves in local CM Thai publications. You might do well to thumb thru a couple magazines and see what you find. The lady you speak of might fit in well with the Thais... and a plus if she can speak some Thai of course. Usually the school adverts contain enough English in them for you to figure out what's going on and whom/how to contact.

I believe some of the vocational schools around town have courses too. I'll ask some people I know n see if I can get better leads or info for you.

There is also a cooking institute on Th. Chang Phueak on the right side (coming from Pratu C.P.) about 1/2 way down.

Thanks all!

We're not there yet. The possibility might be that we're gonna live in Chang Mai. Me working, but my wife wants to do something also. And cooking is what she loves to do.

So any info we can get helps.