Thailand Expat Visa Gold Card Project Postponed

thanks though to george for the effort put into researching it on our behalf.

perhaps he might like to consider negotiating for a thai visa reduction card for thailand hotels / restaurants / bars that advertise here.

Now thats a good idea. I'm all for that.

Thanks George. I definitely appreciated the effort eventhough others do not. (Wonder who I meant?) :o

I'd also like to know why one would choose a prepaid ? what are the benefits ? I'm genuinely interested to find out.

I have a prepaid card as a spare if the other gets lost while travelling.

It's easy to get without any credit check.

It's safe to use on the web and shoddy places, max loss is what you have on the account.

Apart from that, yes a credit card makes more sense.

I have a prepaid card as a spare if the other gets lost while travelling.
I have a duplicate of my credit card stashed in case I lose my usual one.
It's easy to get without any credit check.

My credit card was really easy to get, in fact I didn't even have to apply, I was invited.

It's safe to use on the web and shoddy places, max loss is what you have on the account.

This seems like a good use case for a prepaid, although max loss isn't too much of a concern when your cc covers you for fraudulent transactions.And generally I only use my card at reputable web sites and merchants.

Do prepaids have a yearly fee ?? My credit card fee is a couple hundred bucks a year, but the interest I earn on my credit balance more than covers it.So essentially it is free(unless a merchant imposes a surcharge to cover their ass).