Suggestions For New Car

Most consumers do not know that the Isuzu D Max they are buying is same body and engine as the Chevy Colorado. Just different trims. (chevy is teamed with Isuzu for their diesel engine, and Isuzu with Chevy for the body styling).

Ford and Mazda are also about the same, but personally I think most of the Mazada's trim's look Awful.

Same goes for Camrey, Accord, Sonata, Lexus all have the same body with different engines and trim.

So automatic Park Assist and other goodies available in the US on Escape and the Chevy Cruze may come to Thailand soon?

Yes, the top-spec 2011 Ranger will also feature such niceties. Features like this will become much more prevalant in the Amercian brands (Ford and Chev) in the not too distant future - both are working towards establishing themselves as leaders in tech in the TH market..

I think almost all of the vehicles suggested are as hard or harder to park than a VIGO which she said is too hard to park.

Here's a quick comparsion:

Width: VIGO 4-door - 1835mm, Pajero Sport - 1815mm

Length: VIGO 4-door - 5355mm, Pajero Sport - 4695mm

Turning radius: VIGO 4-door - 5.90m , Pajero Sport 5.60m

Width: Accord - 1845mm, Pajero Sport - 1815mm

Length: Accord - 4945mm, Pajero Sport - 4695mm

Turning radius: Accord - 5.64m , Pajero Sport 5.60m

Width: Civic - 1750mm, Pajero Sport - 1815mm

Length: Civic - 4550mm, Pajero Sport - 4695mm

Turning radius: Civic - 5.80m , Pajero Sport 5.60m

Fortuner is similar to Pajero Sport.

These SUV's (PPV's) just look big and unwieldy, they're not though. Great city cars IMHO - elevated seating position gives great visibility (it;s hard to be a "good driver" if you can't see), comfy seating for 7 (last two need to be kids or Thai's though), higher stance offers greater side impact protection with red light runners, diesel engines cheap to run - especially when stuck in a traffic jam, great sound insulation (required to drown out the diesel) blocks out traffic noise, etc.

It feels a bit like "myth busters" day ;)

The Sportivo aint Quiet., or its made you DEAF.:o.Mitsus, Yo. i like, had a Grandis Turbo once, "er in doors" hated it. Indoor/Outdoor Temp has gone im told

Most consumers do not know that the Isuzu D Max they are buying is same body and engine as the Chevy Colorado. Just different trims. (chevy is teamed with Isuzu for their diesel engine, and Isuzu with Chevy for the body styling).

Ford and Mazda are also about the same, but personally I think most of the Mazada's trim's look Awful.

Same goes for Camrey, Accord, Sonata, Lexus all have the same body with different engines and trim.

Here's an even more little-known fact - The Isuzu D-Max has been manufactured by Chevrolet Thailand since April 2004. The engines in both are the same, and all come from VM Motori in Italy. Isuzu contributed nothing to the current model at all, other than their badges, some exterior panel designs, a bunch of gawdy stickers, different stereos, and their black interior color scheme.

Thairung put more effort and customizations into a Colorado pickup than Isuzu put into a D-Max ;)

These days, it's Mazda that borrows from Ford, rather than the more 50/50 approach they took in years gone by. The 2011/12 BT-50 is a total badge engineering job (gone wrong), while the Mazda 2 and 3 share only the Fiesta/Focus basic chassis. The current Escape and the (discontinued) Mazda Tribute are the last examples of the more comprehensive model sharing they used to have..

Camry, Accord, Sonata are all very different cars with nothing shared at all - except for the D-segment they all live in ;)

Lexus borrows parts from Toyota though, naturally :)

Its been a long time since one poster has presented so much od info on this forum

Izu and chev pickups being the same vehicle in TH except for minor cosmetic details, correct

mazda bt50 and for ranger in TH, correct. Mazda/Ford have been doing this for 30 years

Camry, Accord and Sonata are to some extent similar looking for a novise, but are totally different vehicles. Platform, floorplan, structure, body, engineering, interior, h-ck even wheelbase. They are also very different to drive, I have done more than 150k km combined in them in 2006-2008.

Lexus is a brand name not a model name, and made in several designs and sizes, however none similar to above

If you continue as you have done today, I have to consider you are a troll and act accordingly

The Sportivo aint Quiet., or its made you DEAF.:o.Mitsus, Yo. i like, had a Grandis Turbo once, "er in doors" hated it. Indoor/Outdoor Temp has gone im told

Somtimes I wish I could understand what you're saying :D

I wish i could see the relevance in a couple of m.m,or anyones love for Bling Ford Transits :D

I wish i could see the relevance in a couple of m.m,or anyones love for Bling Ford Transits :D

Not to bother - I'm sure everyone else can ;)

There's a few options the OP might want to explore - all are SUV wagons, all have their own pros and cons:

• Mitsu Pajero Sport: base-spec 4WD - 1.15M, top-spec 4WD (ticks all the boxes) - 1.31M
  • Toyota Fortuner: base-spec 4WD - 1.34M, top-spec 1.45M
  • Ford Everest: top-spec 4WD - 1.24M, sport version - 1.25M
  • Ford Escape: (only 1 spec level in 4WD) - 1.28M
  • Honda CR-V: base-spec 4WD - 1.24M, top-spec 1.51M
  • Chev Captiva: base-spec 4WD - 1.58M, top-spec 1.64M
  • Hyudai Tuscon: (only 1 spec level in 4WD) - 1.9M

There's a very broad range of value-for-money represented here..

Note that others in this segment are available in 2WD only, e.g. Suzuki Vitara and Nissan X-Trail.

Budget is the big thing though - if you're willing to quadruple these types of prices there's a lot more cars that come into focus.. As Kata notes, Cayenne Hybrid is a great buy in TH (due to 10% excise tax), Audi Q7 V8 twin-turbo TDi is a nice motor (though aging a litle), and the new Range Rover Evoque an interesting option coming soon as well..

Something missing here

5 door, Auto, 4x4, bullet proof reliability and 1.6 million here..

Be different Subaru Forester

Same make 5 door, Auto, 4a4 Subaru Outback.... 4x4 Subaru Legacy Wagon....

Being different also here for 1.6 million 2011 Ssangyong Actyon Auto, 5 door, 4x4...

also 1,6 million the new model and shape 2011 Ssangyong Korando 6 speed Auto, 5 door, 4x4...

same price 2011 Ssangyong Kyron Diesel 4x4...

2011 Nissan X-Trail 6 speed CVT = 5 door and cheap @ 1,065,000 baht, top model 1,140,000 baht, plenty of clearance 4x4 looks, Friends just got a new one, much better then the Mk2 CRV which is replaces

Stop bothering, as stated early "the OP is a sales guy's nightmare"... at the end take a look back at the beginning: "I used to drive V8 luxury sedans"... at the end people buy what they like, not what they need... :P:coffee1:

Edited by GaiUan

Stop bothering, as stated early "the OP is a sales guy's nightmare"... at the end take a look back at the beginning: "I used to drive V8 luxury sedans"... at the end people buy what they like, not what they need... :P:coffee1:

Or alternatively.What they cant afford .Impatient People dont seem to care how much H.P. costs.

Here's an "affordable" luxury 5-door vehicle at 2.15M hahaha

Not sure if BMW Thailand offers the 4-year maintenance Free program as they do elsewhere in the world.

Edited by katabeachbum
link to a news source who does not want to be quoted or linked at ThaiVisa is removed. Please read Forum rules

Only the one post from OP, nothing fishy there, it happens very often we try to help and give answers in what we believe will help the OP, im not into trucks/cars as such, but my old friend Alexi Sayle is a paragon,

, Please enjoy, Cheers, lickey..

Only the one post from OP, nothing fishy there, it happens very often we try to help and give answers in what we believe will help the OP, im not into trucks/cars as such, but my old friend Alexi Sayle is a paragon,

, Please enjoy, Cheers, lickey..

Nice one, but the Serios Battalion wont be amused.:o

• 2 weeks later...

Got time today so translation are free :lol: :lol: MRO it go's something like this :- The Mitsubishi Pajero Sport is not quiet, if you had one, it has made you deaf, (Oh my).

Mitsubishi's, yes ! he likes them, he had a Mitsubishi Grandis Turbo with a Volkswagen-sourced 2.0 litre turbodiesel engine, His Mrs hated it.

( Indoor / Outdoor Temp has gone im told. )

I think this refers to a guage measuring instrument in the car telling you temperature inside car and temperature outside is no longer fitted in later models.:rolleyes::D

Edited by Kwasaki

Nearly correct,the Mitsu was much quieter than the Sportivo,and my Wife hated the Body Roll of the Mitsu.The gauge was useful, it shut the "Airs not Very Cold" lot Up. !!. What I dont like about the Sportivo is the Cab Noise, and skittery handling.Plus its still a Spivs Truck. I noticed at Lotus today the New Fiesta S has drum rear brakes,or is this a poverty model. Most Sporty Cars have 4 Discs dont they, well they do in Lotus.:jap: