Broken Touch Screen

thaigerd

Should be reasonably straight forward, ive had the screen on my N97 replaced a few times at Nokia care.

Thanks for your reply!

Not sure if we have a Nokia care here in Phuke, will try one of the Nokia shops today.

Do you remember the price for the screen?

Should be reasonably straight forward, ive had the screen on my N97 replaced a few times at Nokia care.

Thanks for your reply!

Not sure if we have a Nokia care here in Phuke, will try one of the Nokia shops today.

Do you remember the price for the screen?

Cost me $100 for a screen replacent of an ordnary n95 non touch screen Nokia phone in Australia. I suggest not going to nokia care but a small shop.

Edited by harrry

You could try warranty (free) repair first; I think your phone may be less than 12 months old. They may reject your claim based on "...defects caused by rough handling...", but you can try Nokia first. Maybe also get a quote? The screen may be integral to the control system and the whole unit may have to be replaced. That may end up being expensive, ~ 5,000-ish. Or it might be something relatively simple and inexpensive. You can find Nokia service location information is the user's manual. I did see this on the nokia.co.th website, not sure if it is accurate.

Nokia Care Centre Phuket

Phuket

38 / 3 Room 120 Moo 5, Bang Yai district, Muang District, Phuket 83000 Vichit (road behind Big Sea. Park Place house, next to Family Mart).

View map

Tel: 076-209-306.

Fax: 076-209-306.

Monday - Saturday 09:00 to 18:00.

You could try warranty (free) repair first; I think your phone may be less than 12 months old. They may reject your claim based on "...defects caused by rough handling...", but you can try Nokia first. Maybe also get a quote? The screen may be integral to the control system and the whole unit may have to be replaced. That may end up being expensive, ~ 5,000-ish. Or it might be something relatively simple and inexpensive. You can find Nokia service location information is the user's manual. I did see this on the nokia.co.th website, not sure if it is accurate.

Nokia Care Centre Phuket

Phuket

38 / 3 Room 120 Moo 5, Bang Yai district, Muang District, Phuket 83000 Vichit (road behind Big Sea. Park Place house, next to Family Mart).

View map

Tel: 076-209-306.

Fax: 076-209-306.

Monday - Saturday 09:00 to 18:00.

Thank you very much!

Monday-Saturday, perfect timing for me, have to go on a business trip early Monday morning :(