Reliable Isp In Hua Hin....Are There Any?

vistana

We live in the the Tippawan area of Hua Hin and currently use TOT internet, with a wireless router, we are paying for speeds up to 9 mgs but never get anywhere near that speed, we have had a new line installed from the lamp post outside our house to our wireless router and TOT tell us the line in to the village is fine, however we are now starting to have problems watching things like You Tube and streaming other programs, the screen just freezes, you try repairing the internet connection from the computer but this does not alway seems to make a difference.

What ISP are other forum members using, particularly if your in the same part of town to us?

Thanks for your help.

A frustrated internet user! Vistana

We have 3BB and connect at 9

When you get the line turned on make sure you check your connection speed often for the first month. TOT and 3BB love to give you the fast connection you pay for then drop you down a week later. If you discover this, they will tell you it is a problem with your computer or router. A phone call from the tech at your home to the office can sometimes magically give you the connection speed you are paying for but check it again in a week. Went through this with both TOT in Bkk and 3BB here, and took many many phone calls of 'please don't bill me, i'm not paying for this' for them to finally fix it.

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin

:

21.8 21.9db

Line Attenuation

:

11.0 11.0 db

Data Rate

:

9408 1279 kbps

Max Rate

:

20272 2323 kbps

POWER

:

14.8 14.3 dbm

CRC

:

2 0

3BB

VIP Condo Chain at the Cha-am / Hua Hin border

Download Speed: 7966 kbps (995.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 515 kbps (64.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 185 ms

Sunday, 19 June 2011 9:11:54 AM

Edited by PaulHamon

3BB on Soi 80, 3Mbps/1Mbps Premier plan, ThaiVisa speed test to Singapore:

Download Speed: 2299 kbps (287.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 800 kbps (100 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 403 ms

6/20/2011 9:45:34 PM

Hi Guys, thanks for your feedback and comparison of upload and download speeds, I am a bit of a novice when it comes to these things but I have just done a speed test using the Thai Visa speed test to the Bkk server and got the following results:

Ping 428 ms

Download 358 kbps

Upload 200 kbps

Can someone tell me if this is good or not? bearing in mind we are paying for the 9 meg download package.

The TOT guy came out last week and tested it and we were getting about 9 or 10 meg speeds and everything worked well while he was here.

Perhaps we should look at changing to 3BB....

Any help and advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Vistana

Just done a speed test using TOT speed test and got these results:

Download 1906 kbps

Upload 509 kbps

Ping 41ms

Does that mean we are getting less than 2 megs download speed at this point?

Thanks

Vistana

And of course we can't leave as they say we have a 12 month contract with them!!!!

What a shambles..... any suggestions?

Thanks

Vistana

There seems to be some confusion between the connection speed and the usage speeds received in these tests. The connection speed is your modem or router connected to your ISP, that is usually found by logging in to http://192.168.1.1

That speed should be the same or higher than your contract.

The test speeds posted in this topic are leaving Thailand and will be much lower because they go through international lines.

Start by finding out your connection speed, make sure that is what you are paying for. Then compare your usage speed with the same test server as others to get an accurate comparison..

• 1 month later...

Oh I was just looking at the forum and being a newbie posted a new topic about ISPs earlier, didn't notice the little button on the bottom of the page to view the older topics! :-) LOL.....I guess it's already been covered.

Thanks.