2011 Chevrolet Colorado

Do they have the same Aircon output as the MU7.My friend recons his old single cab is colder than his MU. ?.

There's not even a single bolt common between this and a MU-7 ;)

2.8 obviously unrealiable or thirsty at 200hp or both, but kept people talking about it, job done ;)

Actually, it was retuned to deliver more torque - compared to the initial pre-production numbers HP is down 20 points, but torque is up 40Nm, so now equalling the 3.2L Ford 5cyl (both 470Nm).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have the same Aircon output as the MU7.My friend recons his old single cab is colder than his MU. ?.

There's not even a single bolt common between this and a MU-7 ;)

2.8 obviously unrealiable or thirsty at 200hp or both, but kept people talking about it, job done ;)

Actually, it was retuned to deliver more torque - compared to the initial pre-production numbers HP is down 20 points, but torque is up 40Nm, so now equalling the 3.2L Ford 5cyl (both 470Nm).

That amount of torque is massive for the Thai market, only needed if you are pulling 3 tonne plus. I'm sure there is other reasons behind it but still very good figures, I think it'll come down to fuel consumption in the end.

He and i were under the impression the MU7 was based on a D .Max, as is the Tuna a Vigo based truck.So do they have bigger Air Cons or not.?.

Fortuner has front and rear A/C, so must obviously have greater capacity than Vigo. Don't know anything about MU-7. The looks alone do enough damage for me, but that's only my opinion. There's lots on the road, so someone likes them.

I don't see the connection between this and the new Colorado though. Am I missing something here?

He and i were under the impression the MU7 was based on a D .Max, as is the Tuna a Vigo based truck.So do they have bigger Air Cons or not.?.

Fortuner has front and rear A/C, so must obviously have greater capacity than Vigo. Don't know anything about MU-7. The looks alone do enough damage for me, but that's only my opinion. There's lots on the road, so someone likes them.

I don't see the connection between this and the new Colorado though. Am I missing something here?

my experience owning 3 vigo 4 door and 3 tuna, vigo cools down much faster. 2 tunas black tho, yea yeah i know I hate black cars to, but they have been with other drivers since delivery, thus their color choise. Havent checked partsnumber for compressor, but assume they have same compressor, but additional rear ac inside unit. Pipes for ac to compressor, like 5 meters long, are not insualted, so lots of cooling lost

That amount of torque is massive for the Thai market, only needed if you are pulling 3 tonne plus.

Spoken like a true grandfather :P

J/K, heh :D

I'm sure there is other reasons behind it but still very good figures, I think it'll come down to fuel consumption in the end.

Well all of these decsions are deliberate, and Ford have been headlining the 470Nm spec in the Thai media.. ;)

But yes, fuel efficiency was highly likely to have been a major factor...

On a side note, they've only divulged pricing for a very small amount of models so far (none of the 2.8L and only half of the 2.5L range), so pricing info has to wait until the embargos lift.

In the menatime, here's some further details.

AT is only available with the 2.8L engine, and will be available in the extracab variant (this is rare).

The full line-up contains 20 models, with badging carrying over from the previous range (ie.. LS, LS1, LT, LTZ and LT Z71).

The top model LT-Z71 (available in extracab, doublecab and 2wd/4wd) is the only grade that will feature traction control, stability control, "corner braking control" (note: this is NOT torque vectoring - it's just a fancy name for 4-channel ABS IMHO), but in a bizzare twist will only feature dual front airbags.. :blink:

Most prices have risen by ~40K Baht over the outgoing models.

Dimensions (4x4 4-door): 5250mm (L) x 1882mm (W) x 1781mm (H)

Wheelbase: 3095mm

Tray Dimensions are very sketchy - the only number revealed so far is that the 4-door tray will be 1484mm long - extrpolate the rest from the D-Max specs for now I guess.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

That amount of torque is massive for the Thai market, only needed if you are pulling 3 tonne plus.

Spoken like a true grandfather :P

J/K, heh :D

I'm sure there is other reasons behind it but still very good figures, I think it'll come down to fuel consumption in the end.

Well all of these decsions are deliberate, and Ford have been headlining the 470Nm spec in the Thai media.. ;)

But yes, fuel efficiency was highly likely to have been a major factor...

On a side note, they've only divulged pricing for a very small amount of models so far (none of the 2.8L and only half of the 2.5L range), so pricing info has to wait until the embargos lift.

In the menatime, here's some further details.

AT is only available with the 2.8L engine, and will be available in the extracab variant (this is rare).

The full line-up contains 20 models, with badging carrying over from the previous range (ie.. LS, LS1, LT, LTZ and LT Z71).

The top model LT-Z71 (available in extracab, doublecab and 2wd/4wd) is the only grade that will feature traction control, stability control, "corner braking control" (note: this is NOT torque vectoring - it's just a fancy name for 4-channel ABS IMHO), but in a bizzare twist will only feature dual front airbags.. :blink:

Most prices have risen by ~40K Baht over the outgoing models.

Dimensions (4x4 4-door): 5250mm (L) x 1882mm (W) x 1781mm (H)

Wheelbase: 3095mm

Tray Dimensions are very sketchy - the only number revealed so far is that the 4-door tray will be 1484mm long - extrpolate the rest from the D-Max specs for now I guess.

Looks like the new Ranger is going to cream the Chevy in the market given the details released so far.

Looks like the new Ranger is going to cream the Chevy in the market given the details released so far.

We still have to wait for final pricing for the Ranger, but so long as it's not insane, I'll be replacing my 2 pickups with ones' that feature a blue oval ;)

I think I'll get one too. I don't need one, but really like the look of it. I've been waiting to see in what form they're all released, but at this stage 3.2 Wildtrak 4WD A/T looks the business to me compared with the Chevy & Isuzu. Surely won't be a Champ. I was kinda hoping the Chevy would hit the spot, but alas, I think GM may have missed the boat (again).

I think I'll get one too. I don't need one, but really like the look of it. I've been waiting to see in what form they're all released, but at this stage 3.2 Wildtrak 4WD A/T looks the business to me compared with the Chevy & Isuzu. Surely won't be a Champ. I was kinda hoping the Chevy would hit the spot, but alas, I think GM may have missed the boat (again).

Looks could have swayed me.. i.e. had the top model actually had the integrated sidesteps, alloy rear bumper, funky taillamp cluster, DRL's and rollbar from the show truck, I'd take one.. I'd have probably still replaced the other truck with a Ford though, just to mitigate any form of buyer's remorse ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

my experience owning 3 vigo 4 door and 3 tuna, vigo cools down much faster. 2 tunas black tho, yea yeah i know I hate black cars to, but they have been with other drivers since delivery, thus their color choise. Havent checked partsnumber for compressor, but assume they have same compressor, but additional rear ac inside unit. Pipes for ac to compressor, like 5 meters long, are not insualted, so lots of cooling lost

Yes i see, this all started from the Mu7 being hot in the back, ok in the front.Amazed GM puts 2 Comps,everything they do these days only just makes the cut.The new Fords will be worth the wait,on looks alone. :D

Some details and pics of the Colorado My link

The prices for the 2.5

post-80555-0-86509600-1317883637_thumb.j

That covers only 7 of the 21 varants that are launching, and out those 7, only 4 of them are clear on what actual model they align to.. I don't know where they've come from (Chev have been tight lipped on pricing), but "รุ่นมาตรฐาน" (standard version) is not a Colorado model variant, heh.

Hopefully someone out there has a good inside contact and these are reliable :)

On a side note, It's highly unusual you'd have a media launch without revealing prices, so I think it's very clear that they're waiting for Ford's pricing to be revealed first ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

sorry Chevvy, The Ford dealer up the road have finally contacted me with a special deal; to be honest the Ford seems so good specification wise it is hard to pass up, however its the looks and level of interior that have it for me over any of the other options, even though I anticipate it will be over 1m baht for the deal to go through.

As I am trading in to get the new ranger, would be curious (ok ok this is a GM thread) on any advice to make that portion of the process easier. Always been a cash buyer in the past (including watching my aunt buy a BMW new 3 series...in cash after they looked down on her) so not sure how the whole trade in bit happens.

sorry Chevvy, The Ford dealer up the road have finally contacted me with a special deal; to be honest the Ford seems so good specification wise it is hard to pass up, however its the looks and level of interior that have it for me over any of the other options, even though I anticipate it will be over 1m baht for the deal to go through.

As I am trading in to get the new ranger, would be curious (ok ok this is a GM thread) on any advice to make that portion of the process easier. Always been a cash buyer in the past (including watching my aunt buy a BMW new 3 series...in cash after they looked down on her) so not sure how the whole trade in bit happens.

...hey Stevo...is Ford your new sponsor ?? ;)...Hello Kitty looks good BTW !!...Good Luck !

Full price list for the new Chev Colorado:

• Single cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LS 5MT RWD 537000
  • Extended cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LS 5MT RWD 584000
  • Extended cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LS1 5MT RWD 594000
  • Extended cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LT 5MT RWD 648000
  • Extended cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LT Z71 5MT RWD 688000
  • Extended cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LTZ 5MT RWD 715000
  • Extended cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LT Z71 5MT 4WD 730000
  • Crew cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LS1 5MT RWD 659500
  • Crew cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LT 5MT RWD 730000
  • Crew cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LT Z71 5MT RWD 765000
  • Crew cab 2.5L 150PS/350Nm LT Z71 5MT 4WD 808000
  • Extended cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LT Z71 5MT RWD 718000
  • Extended cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LTZ 5MT RWD 745000
  • Extended cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LT Z71 5MT 4WD 773000
  • Extended cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LT Z71 6AT RWD 775000
  • Extended cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LTZ Z71 5MT RWD 787000
  • Extended cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LTZ Z71 5MT 4WD 852000
  • Crew cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LT Z71 5MT RWD 787000
  • Crew cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LTZ 5MT RWD 794000
  • Crew cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LT Z71 6AT RWD 835000
  • Crew cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LT Z71 5MT 4WD 838000
  • Crew cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LTZ Z71 5MT RWD 849000
  • Crew cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LTZ Z71 6AT RWD 905000
  • Crew cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LTZ Z71 5MT 4WD 925000
  • Crew cab 2.8L 180PS/470Nm LTZ Z71 6AT 4WD 998000

And some basic analysis:

• Moving up from an LS1 to LT grade costs and extra 54,000 to 70,500
  • Moving up from an LT to a LT Z71 (Hi-rider) costs an extra 35,000 to 40,000
  • Moving up from an LT Z71 to an LTZ Z71 costs an extra 62,000 to 87,000
  • Adding 4WD adds an extra 42,000 to 93,000(!)
  • Going from 5MT to 6AT costs an extra 48,000 to 73,000(!)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Do they all have those tiny black Alloys,and Paint Roller Stripes, the single cab and the top one look nice IMO. but the 2 outside look shitty in white with red writing and red rings round the door handles and Mini Rims. Is the first gear on the Auto a Crawler gear, like the M.T. I'm surprised they don't alter the 1st gear ratio, for those who use them as a Car. The single cab looks a fair price at 537.

• 2 months later...

I went and looked at the spacecab 2.8l Colorado at my local dealer the other day and thought it looked great, especially the front end/size and LTZ trim package. I am seriously thinking of ordering one in that Bronze colour.

I want to look at one, although I may wait for the D-Max, which dealer had it. Was it the LTZ Z71 6AT 4*4 please.