New Fortuner And Vigo

I agree with you and would expect to see an ECU change, retaining the 4 speed A/T, because DPF is expensive advanced technology which does not include just the filter. It would be unlikely Toyota would introduce it until absolutely necessary, particularly with the current TH fuel quality. I would suggest It is doubtful the 5 speed A/T will appear at the moment. When TH adopts a fuel standard of 10 - 50 ppm sulphur content, like many other countries, more efficient engine / transmission packages which are already produced in TH for other world markets will then appear domestically. If as MRO suggests, the new Fortuner (Vigo pro rata the same?) is going to have a price increase in the region of 30,000THB which seems entirely likely, it doesn't leave much room for the DPF technology and or transmission change, after paying for the cost of the cosmetic changes. Of course Euro IV is now a very old as a standard anyway and DPF is relatively new in comparison, so it is hard to imagine both being embraced simultaneously in Thailand during 2011.

Perhaps I am mistaken?

All gas stations in Thailand must sell EuroIV diesel by Jan 1st 2012, and all pickups sold from the same date must be EuroIV spec - that's law.

Currently available EuroIV is Shell V-Power Diesel, all Bangchak (Lemon Green) diesel, and some selected PTT's are selling EuroIV under the Blue Innvovation brand (but beware that Blue Innovation does not yet mean you're getting EuroIV), Caltex will apparently be next to launch.

As for AT in the Fortuner/VIGO, I'll ask later today..

Some prices for your info.

it appears that :

1/. Pearl White is now an option on Fortuner

2/. No navi version in Vigo except Dealer or aftermarket fit, as before.

3/. No Mention of 5 AT at this stage

4/. 20,000 Baht increase on Vigo and substantially more on Fortuner (Maybe transmission ?)

VIGO BMC

VIGO D-Cab 4*4

2.5 E VN Turbo White ราคา 810,000 บาท

2.5 E VN Turbo Metallic ราคา 817,000 บาท

3.0 G M/T White ราคา 936,000 บาท

3.0 G M/T Metallic ราคา 943,000 บาท

3.0 G A/T White ราคา 981,000 บาท

3.0 G A/T Metallic ราคา 988,000 บาท

Fortuner BMC

Fortuner

2.5 G M/T 2*4 ราคา 1,059,000 บาท

2.7 V A/T 2*4 ราคา 1,219,000 บาท

3.0 V A/T 2*4 new ราคา 1,319,000 บาท

3.0 V A/T 2*4 white new ราคา 1,331,000 บาท

3.0 V A/T 4*4 ราคา 1,389,000 บาท

3.0 V A/T 4*4 white ราคา 1,401,000 บาท

3.0 V A/T 4*4 navigation ราคา 1,489,000 บาท

3.0 V A/T 4*4 navigation white ราคา 1,501,000 บาท

I agree with you and would expect to see an ECU change, retaining the 4 speed A/T, because DPF is expensive advanced technology which does not include just the filter. It would be unlikely Toyota would introduce it until absolutely necessary, particularly with the current TH fuel quality. I would suggest It is doubtful the 5 speed A/T will appear at the moment. When TH adopts a fuel standard of 10 - 50 ppm sulphur content, like many other countries, more efficient engine / transmission packages which are already produced in TH for other world markets will then appear domestically. If as MRO suggests, the new Fortuner (Vigo pro rata the same?) is going to have a price increase in the region of 30,000THB which seems entirely likely, it doesn't leave much room for the DPF technology and or transmission change, after paying for the cost of the cosmetic changes. Of course Euro IV is now a very old as a standard anyway and DPF is relatively new in comparison, so it is hard to imagine both being embraced simultaneously in Thailand during 2011.

Perhaps I am mistaken?

All gas stations in Thailand must sell EuroIV diesel by Jan 1st 2012, and all pickups sold from the same date must be EuroIV spec - that's law.

Currently available EuroIV is Shell V-Power Diesel, all Bangchak (Lemon Green) diesel, and some selected PTT's are selling EuroIV under the Blue Innvovation brand (but beware that Blue Innovation does not yet mean you're getting EuroIV), Caltex will apparently be next to launch.

As for AT in the Fortuner/VIGO, I'll ask later today..

it appears that :

4/. 20,000 Baht increase on Vigo and substantially more on Fortuner (Maybe transmission ?)

VIGO BMC

VIGO D-Cab 4*4

Fortuner BMC

Fortuner

I have always wondered why white Vigo cost 7k baht less than other colors, while white Fortuna cost 12k baht more, but I will never ask ;)

it appears that :

VIGO BMC

VIGO D-Cab 4*4

Fortuner BMC

Fortuner

Fortuner prices increase 30K-35K Baht depending on model, which gets you a new stereo with bluetooth/ipad/aux, reversing camera, HID headlamps, headlamp washers and the new front/rear styling - the AT remains the same old 4-speeder.

Fortuner prices increase 30K-35K Baht depending on model, which gets you a new stereo with bluetooth/ipad/aux, reversing camera, HID headlamps, headlamp washers and the new front/rear styling - the AT remains the same old 4-speeder.

and this increase does not cover the cost of particlefilter, indicating they remain EuroIII until November/December, closer to deadline and more EuroIV diesel availabe

and this increase does not cover the cost of particlefilter, indicating they remain EuroIII until November/December, closer to deadline and more EuroIV diesel availabe

Appears so.. Most of my moles don't understand the question, and the couple that do don't know the answer :(

Appears so.. Most of my moles don't understand the question, and the couple that do don't know the answer :(

wouldnt be wise to ad 50k to price for particlefilter at this point, and then next 5 months have all the complains about not being able to use inexpensive EuroIII diesel, or clogged filters and thus stopped engines for those using EuroIII with 650 sulphur

wouldnt be wise to ad 50k to price for particlefilter at this point, and then next 5 months have all the complains about not being able to use inexpensive EuroIII diesel, or clogged filters and thus stopped engines for those using EuroIII with 650 sulphur

When Euro IV standards are introduced it is not necessarily the case that DPF must also be installed. Same as EU. Euro IV standard became mandatory about 2006. Diesel Particulate Filters have only become commonly used in the EU since 2009/2010. The current Euro IV Shell V Power is causing many problems with Grey market MB diesels, blocking the DPF, causing injectors to require replacement and a myriad of other problems. The CKD MB and BMW's are Euro IV compliant without a DPF. As I mentioned in my previous post it will be unlikely that DPF technology and 5 AT with it, is likely to be introduced any time before it is absolutely necessary. I was not suggesting anything else.

When Euro IV standards are introduced it is not necessarily the case that DPF must also be installed. Same as EU. Euro IV standard became mandatory about 2006. Diesel Particulate Filters have only become commonly used in the EU since 2009/2010. The current Euro IV Shell V Power is causing many problems with Grey market MB diesels, blocking the DPF, causing injectors to require replacement and a myriad of other problems. The CKD MB and BMW's are Euro IV compliant without a DPF. As I mentioned in my previous post it will be unlikely that DPF technology and 5 AT with it, is likely to be introduced any time before it is absolutely necessary. I was not suggesting anything else.

Also worth noting that Thai EuroIV spec diesel is quite different from European EuroIV spec - the only real similarity is the sulphur content - the Thai refining process skips many of the European spec additives in order to lower the cost, so even after 1/1/2012 it remains important that diesel engined imports have been tuned to suit the lower quality Thai spec diesel.

Also worth noting that Thai EuroIV spec diesel is quite different from European EuroIV spec - the only real similarity is the sulphur content - the Thai refining process skips many of the European spec additives in order to lower the cost, so even after 1/1/2012 it remains important that diesel engined imports have been tuned to suit the lower quality Thai spec diesel.

I agree 100%