Non-imm Visa From Us

I have some friends doing volunteer stuff at a local wat, they have tried getting a non-imm visa in the US but have been unable to get one regardless of a letter from the wat. They have tried NY, DC and LA. Any other suggestions? I have heard stories of Houston, but is it straight? They do not want anything remotely dodgy.

'dogdy' george?? And you an admin!

Anyway, so you are implying there have been problems with mail-in passport issued visas? I haven't really followed this at all as it hasn't really applied to me, just remember seeing something about it. They don't live in TX so were hoping for a mail in. However, not if it would give them future problems.

so you are implying there have been problems with mail-in passport issued visas? I haven't really followed this at all as it hasn't really applied to me, just remember seeing something about it. They don't live in TX so were hoping for a mail in. However, not if it would give them future problems.

We have had several reported problems with visas issued from Houston (sent via agents in Thailand), yes. Do a search for Houston here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&f=1

Guest IT Manager

Houston have to be good.

One of my clients has been told he will get a work permit issued by the consul, without a company name registered or booked, without company registration, and without having any real educational certification.

I am sitting back and waiting. Chang is cold. I somehow suspect I will be drinking alone.

Any comments on the Atlanta consulate?

Also, I am baffled by the issue on picking consulates based on the perceived quality/visa friendliness of one over the other.

For example, if someone lives in California, aren't they supposed to apply through the Los Angeles consulate? Is it standard (i.e.: not suspect) to apply to any US consulate you like (for example, someone from California or Georgia appying through Houston)? So you are not required to use one regional one or another based on your current US state residence (if applicable)?

Guest IT Manager

OMG really...there is a consul right here in my own city...goodness I never found it.. how silly of me.. While we are chatting, can you please issue a non-im B for 12 month multi-entry please?

Yes! Oh so cool. Next time I will try to locate my nearest one here in DC and I won't have to bother you... Thanks a lot..

Happy..

I guess they are a little concerned about it all because others who have volunteered at the wat before have always gotten non-immigrant visas (every single person) but then all of the previous people have not been Americans. So, why are the US consulates stricter than the German ones for instance? They aren't expecting to circumvent any rules but can't understand why the same rules are applied differently to them when everything else regarding their applications remains the same as the others.

There are a number of Honorary Counsel offices and I recommend using on of those as the stipend and benfits affored the such a status make it highly desirable to maintain that status. Shall I be more clear as to say they do it all, even work out the banking issues.

Houston have to be good.

One of my clients has been told he will get a work permit issued by the consul, without a company name registered or booked, without company registration, and without having any real educational certification.

I am sitting back and waiting. Chang is cold. I somehow suspect I will be drinking alone.

That is an interesting situation IT, the granting of a work permit is not a consular function. The labour department in Thailand ( and only IN Thailand ) is the competent authority.

If you client is gonna sit and sip Chang with you to celebrate his brand new Houston issued WP, you'll be sipping alone for sure. :o

Guest IT Manager

My view as well m'lud. I forgot the smilie. Guess which client assures me of the veracity of his information... don't say it here please.

:o

Personal observation ..... Denver is easy to get non-standard non-imm visas from.

Last time I had a non-imm O and this time a non-imm ed .... (and being a 39 y/o student didn't bother them a bit)