Sea Pines

jpx

i will be visiting hua hin in october and i would like to play a round of golf at the new course sea pines as a vistor should i arrange the game through a agency or would i be able to get someone to drop me of there and just pay a green fee. in the past i have used hua hin golf tours who i found to be very good but as cash is a bit tight i am looking for the cheapest option.

...would like to play a round of golf at the new course sea pines as a vistor should i arrange the game through a agency or would i be able to get someone to drop me of there and just pay a green fee.

You can play there either way (I guess the golf tour people can book military courses), but I don't know which is the cheapest. If you book through a tour company I think you get a discounted greens fee as well as transport to and from the course included so I would think that would be the cheapest option, but then you have to decide your schedule in advance and October can be a rainy month so if you want to be flexible, then you will have to arrange your own transport and pay the standard green fee. Bernie's Bar (off the beach road) is the home of the Hua Hin Golf Society and a lot of it's members hang out in there. If you want to be flexible, I suggest you go there when you first arrive, talk to Bernie, and maybe you can arrange to play with someone that will provide transport to the course.

Hi, apparently it's cheaper to play there on the weekdays also by a few hundred baht, rather than at weekends. There's lots of buses etc that go right past the course so you should be able to get there quite easily and just pay when you turn up. I'm not a golf expert so I'm not sure whether the course is any good, but it seems to have had some favourable comments.

Ta.

The course was excellent the last time I played it, in fact, one of the best in the area imho, but I haven't played it in about a year since they finished the clubhouse construction and more than doubled the prices... and yes it is cheaper during the week than on weekends, but still not cheap compared to a non-tourist area.

About the transport. Yes, public transport passes the entrance to the military area, but I've never seen any inside so if one were to take it and be dropped off at the gate on Petchkasem road, you would still have probably a three kilometer walk to the golf clubhouse with clubs on your shoulder. I don't know about most people, but I could not play after that. :)

The course was excellent the last time I played it, in fact, one of the best in the area imho, but I haven't played it in about a year since they finished the clubhouse construction and more than doubled the prices... and yes it is cheaper during the week than on weekends, but still not cheap compared to a non-tourist area.

About the transport. Yes, public transport passes the entrance to the military area, but I've never seen any inside so if one were to take it and be dropped off at the gate on Petchkasem road, you would still have probably a three kilometer walk to the golf clubhouse with clubs on your shoulder. I don't know about most people, but I could not play after that. :)

thank you for your advice i should have mentioned i will be staying with the wifes family in hua hin so transport will not be a problem.

i think i will go the independent route so i will not be checking the clock all the time plus i can relax and have a cold beer or two after the round