Outdoor Garden Restaurant In Bkk

toenail

We are blessed in Bangkok having a variety of restaurants of various ethnic cuisine and prices. I am looking for a decent restaurant in a lush garden that one can eat at in the evening. I remember over 20 years ago a friend in BKK took me to a large outside restaurant which had huge trees, ponds, wooden walkways; one felt they were in the country but it was in Bangkok. Any ideas?

That sounds like a place called "Baan Nam Khien Din" but it is not actually in the city. Depending upon the time of day and the day of the week, it takes up to an hour to get there. It's located in Nakom Pathom, on Phutamaton Sai 2.

I'm not certain my spellings are accurate but they are close.

That sounds like a place called "Baan Nam Khien Din" but it is not actually in the city. Depending upon the time of day and the day of the week, it takes up to an hour to get there. It's located in Nakom Pathom, on Phutamaton Sai 3.

I'm not certain my spellings are accurate but they are close.

>I remember over 20 years ago a friend in BKK took me to a large outside restaurant which had huge trees, ponds, wooden walkways; one felt they were in the country but it was in Bangkok. Any ideas?

Ratchada Road in the 80's used to be full of these places before it was covered in concrete and turned into massage parlors. At one time one of them was in the Guinness Book of Records as the worlds largest restaurant with service on roller scates. Need to move up out to the suburbs a bit these days for similar.

Need to move up out to the suburbs a bit these days for similar.

Agreed. Such places can be found almost anywhere in the outer portions of the city, where land is cheap and a restraunt can be built cheaply, and operated pending further development. Construct a kitchen and a concrete pad, put up some fencing, haul in some tables and chairs, and you are in business.

>I remember over 20 years ago a friend in BKK took me to a large outside restaurant which had huge trees, ponds, wooden walkways; one felt they were in the country but it was in Bangkok. Any ideas?

Ratchada Road in the 80's used to be full of these places before it was covered in concrete and turned into massage parlors. At one time one of them was in the Guinness Book of Records as the worlds largest restaurant with service on roller scates. Need to move up out to the suburbs a bit these days for similar.

I remember that one, if my memory serves me (not as much these day) it held about 2,000 people, and the waiters would fly around on those skates, there were quiet a few back in the day,