International Law Firms In Thailand

Charlesho

I have some queries regarding practicing in Thailand as well and i hope that you guys would be able to provide me with your kind assistance if it is not too much of a hassle

Im currently doing a project and have been tasked to find out about the Thai legal profession, specifically, how may foreign firms tie up with the local Thai firms to provide legal service in Thailand.

From my existing research, i understand that only Thai nationals may become lawyers and most foreign practitioners work under the guise of "consultants".

What i hope to be able to find out is the status of the international law firms in Thailand, are they corporations or partnerships (because in Singapore, law firms are not permitted to incorporate), whether there are any specific legislation which regulate such legal practice. What / where is the relevant legislation which governs the formation of such firms.

Does an international law firm set establish itself in Thailand just like any other firm?

Any information that you are able to provide would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated

Law firms are just regular companies in Thailand and must be established the same way as any other company. There is no specific legislation regulating their establishment. They can be sole proprietorships, partnerships or limited companies. However, the lawyers practicing in Thailand must be Thai nationals as this profession is restricted to Thais only.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]