Obtaining Marriage Extension From Chiang Mai

3,000 Baht? You must live a long way from Chiang Mail :whistling:

Lamphun actually!

I was just posting this to inform others that they may have an "extra" added to the requirements.

The officer did also tell my wife that it would be easier ( and no home visit ) to go for a retirement visa, which is what I'm going to do.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I was just posting this to inform others that they may have an "extra" added to the requirements.

The officer did also tell my wife that it would be easier to go for a retirement visa, which is what I'm going to do.

They tell you that because it means less work for them.

Marriage Extension is not really that difficult. :)

The officer did also tell my wife that it would be easier to go for a retirement visa, which is what I'm going to do.

They tell you that because it means less work for them.

Marriage Extension is not really that difficult. :)

Hmmmm. I said to my wife that very thing, but she's happy to go with the retirement extension, and anything for an easy life.

Your money is not tied up in any bank. If using income you do not even need a bank. If using bank account for all or part it only has to be at that level for 3 months each year and you have free access at any time and outside those 3 months can use without effect on extension of stay.

Your money is not tied up in any bank. If using income you do not even need a bank. If using bank account for all or part it only has to be at that level for 3 months each year and you have free access at any time and outside those 3 months can use without effect on extension of stay.

What you say is true but it is a difference of having 25,000 or 12,000 USD Thaied up.