Re-Entry Permit

Assuming Suvarnabhumi airport, I don;t think the other airports do re-entry permits.

No problem if your departure is during normal hours, the desk is only open 6am to 10pm IIRC.

I believe there is also a premium price rather than the normal 1000 or 3600 Baht.

In Bangkok believe they are still available from 0600-2400 but would highly recommend getting earlier at your Immigration office if possible. If you do at airport be sure to have passport copies and photos available and believe higher fee is required.

At Chiangmai Airport on the second floor ( International departure area only) there is an Immigration Desk with large Re-Entry Permit sign over it.

I saw it on my last international departure from Chiangmai. It is few few meters in front of the Immigration Officers desk before the Internal lounge.

Chiangmai Immigration or Chiangmai Airport Immigration on first floor never tell anybody about it and I never saw any TV member mention it either.

If going to Chaeng Wattana to get a re-entry permit, what do I need? Just my passport, fee and photos?

And the application form

Surely I request the form upon arrival at immigration, no?

Going prepared is always the best answer. I am sure the application form can be downloaded - and take copies of your passport.