Ikea Catalogue Now Online

WilliaminBKK

I did one price check with US and chair was $69 or 2,590 baht here so about 20% more here - expected it to be more of a difference actually. Tax in US might lower that difference a bit depending on where bought if the Thai price includes VAT.

seems more pricey then europe

but i would rather pay that price with the return and replace policy, which you wouldnt get anywhere else, plus from the catalogue, they have a ferang mananger, so should be run smothly

I lived in South Jersey prior to moving to BKK, and I do not recall anything in the Ikea bedroom section costing over $2,000, kitchen yes, bedroom no. Then again i could be wrong. Also the desk chair prices seem way off as well.

Ikea catalogue pg. 148 (top left)

Ikea is suppose to be what it is "affordable" which is what makes it appealing worldwide, and the cute designs, this seems highly unaffordable for the average Thai IMHO. I think they missed the boat on this. However, it won't stop me from visiting as well, I agree with nice addition of an extra furniture choice.

Edit: Further review some price are almost identical i.e Kivik Chaise lounge sees price even with US price.

U.S $299.

THB 10,990

The pricing is all over the place when compared to the US catalogue on some items, I would love to know how the price the Thai catalogue.

Edited by Newguy70

Most everything is made in Asia but in very few cases is it cheaper here. The markets have been in the west and that is where price competitiveness makes the difference. Here most items are single source with no real competition.

• 1 month later...

IKEA have a factoryy in Cambodia. in Europe their stuff is sourced from factories in Eastern Europe. i find the stuff is slightly cheaper than in UK stores, but then VAT is 20% in UK. Their diy furniture is better quality than Index, imo.

Having paid a visit to IKEA last week, I can offer this word of warning to prospective customers. There is a real shortage of stock - Kitchens in particular, but lighting is badly effectly also. No set date for delivery for new stock either. If anyone is travelling from any distance, I would suggest you check stock availabilty on the internet before setting off. By the way, the free shuttle bus from Udom Suk is great if it is sitting there waiting, but 30 - 40 minutes wait for it to turn up is not unusual. I gave up after my second visit and took one of the many taxis - 80 something baht only!