Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Is this map still updated ?

http://maps.google.c...16cc08a39456d14

or is gamling more up to date ?

Anyways, Phra Ram 9 / Ratchada all dry

Yes, its being updated, but only by members of this forum.

So you need to update the situation in your area, otherwise nobody will.

ok then... personally i think the Gamling one is still better. it's easier to use what with the water height icons etc and with Thais updating as well it's going to be more complete. So maybe if we on here update both.. HOWS THAT SOUND.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lak Si, klong pra pa is on the verge of flooding. The street parallel has water seeping into it and already is about 5-10 in most places. Great fishing for the locals though.

Lap prow, suan rot fai, chatujak all dry as a qantas passenger's wallet.

--------------------------

ALERT!

My Thai family just got the news about the water in Klong Pra Pa rapidly rising and they are talking about 20 to 30 cm of flood water possible now here in Latprakhao soi 42.

Still no water yet...but heavy items being lifted on to tables and stands.

They confirm the Klong has risen to nearly overflowing in 30 minutes or so.

Not sure however if that is water being diverted away from other areas intentionally or not.

:bah:

That is about 2 km away from the house I'm told.

Right now it apparently hasn't overflowed yet...but the sudden rise has alarmed the family.

As far as I know, still no water actually on Ladprakhao road now.

Time: 20:30 on 30 October 2011.

:blink:

What about the Sukhumvit Road from Bangkok to Pattaya?

I tried to contribute earlier but maybe I have not entered my report correctly. Anyway Sukhumvit from On Nut south to Bangna has had no sign whatsoever of flooding and the road to Pattaya to the best of my knowledge is also status quo!

Take the elevated toll-way and ask the booth operator when you join it for news???

Just got back from that direction, all fine, but cant ask the booth operators anything as they are empty, enjoying their holiday weekend :rolleyes:

Watcharaphon Update:

---I'm Back! Left last night to stay in Bangna at a 'safe house', after there was a warning of flash flood coming from Hok Wa. Called the village this morning, and it turns out they never did block in our village, as the water did not come up like they thought it would. Kind of a pain in the a$, but due to misinformation and panic they really thought we were going to be hit hard last night. Kudos anyway to the brave village maintenance team that was going to stay and fight the water. I'm not complaining, matter of fact I am happy it is high and dry here still. Just reset all my evacuation bags, ready to do it again if I need to.

---Haven't ventured out yet much but it is pretty much the same as yesterday, except maybe 50-75 meters closer to the intersection and a little deeper. Nothing at all on the roads going towards Ramintra road. I'll try and get out a little later for some pics and an update.

Cheers

TominBKK

Great news Tom. Good to hear you're home and dry.

Again I say many thanks for your regular Watcharaphon updates.

Hi, thanks, things pretty much the same as earlier today, maybe a little higher water but not much. Feel confident to stay on now for the duration, hopefully things will start reversing course soon. At the rate it has been going, it would take 3 days or so to reach our village walls, so am hoping for the best!

What about the Sukhumvit Road from Bangkok to Pattaya?

I came back from Chonburi to Bangkok on the bus today, there was no water in the wrong places anywhere.

The Bangpakong river was placid and not high, and all the klongs were normal i.e. those small walkways which run alongside the klongs were still well above water height. I kept a close eye on it from Chonburi, all the way past the Space Center and Suwannaphurm airport, right the way into Bang Na and eastern Sukhumvit.

I know there are people doing it tough elsewhere, but lower eastern Bangkok down to Chonburi is dry as a bone, and Chonburi is hot and dusty as well.

I flew to KL yesterday, and there was no water at all from Lad Prao to Swampy on the taxi route.

I live on Vipavadee 16 not far from Thai air/ lad Prao area.

I am beginning to feel that i overreacted. From all of the non-alarmist postings (and yes, I do pity people who are stuck in Rangsit)--it now seems that the situation has been "saved", at least as far as CBD, lad Prao and Aree are concerned. the BBC seems to be saying the same. Sure, there is peripheral flooding and sure, it is impossible to predict everything. But am I right in thinking that things are settling down?

Eddy

Maybe not.

I'm not sure where Vipawadee 16 is relative to the flood barriers supposed to protect the CBD, but Kasetsart Univ us now evacuating with waters coming towards them and water is moving down Vipawadee from Don Muang/Laksi area.

Accirding tio reports on this thread, water in the north of Bangkok is still rising, not subsiding, and there is still water up in the rpovinces abiove Bkk (less than before, but far from gine). All this water, obviously, has to pass its way down. The govt appears focused on the CBD and this seems to have spread to the international media as well with all reports fiocusing in whether it will stay dry. Maybe it will -- but at the expense of considerable flooding to the north, east and west of it.

If your location is where I think it is, I'd wait at least a few more days.

Nimitmai Road

Large crowd has gathered at corner of Nimitmai and Hat Thai Mit road protesting the BMA's ? placement of sandbags all along centre island of Nimitmai road down to Suwintawong junction. Water slowly rising from drains at the corner of Nimitmai and Hat Thai Mit roads. Eyewitness and security from our moobarn advise approx 1000 people gathered. My wife informs me the TV states only approx 400 people but fails to advise why they are there. Maybe fishing or a boat auction??

I just left there.

Locals had blockaded both Nimitmai & Hat Thai Mid with gravel and trucks. Maybe around 70 police, with a few big meat wagons. And a red shirt guy turned up late PM to negotiate with the lock keeper. Gates had been open at about 60cm, they tried to get 80cm, but finally agreed on 75cm. The gates would probably closed down again after the crowd dispersed, which it had done by 6pm (alot of mozzies in this area, so no surprise there!)

People were complaining that the canals further down (and land also) was still 'dry', so the gates should be opened more at Hat Thai Mit to let the water flow down to Minburi, and into Saen Saep (?).

In addition, anyone wishing to travel up Nimitmai to Lam Luk Ka, road is now flooded down to Soi 53, 1km south of where it was at yesterday, so waters are definitely coming down slowly, but surely, from Klong Hok Wa, mostly filling up between Hat Thai Rat & Nimitmai Roads, and no doubt to the east of this also.

Mai sanook.......

Can anyone report the outcome of the protest at the intersection of Nimitmai rd and Hat Thai Mit road? Andy Farang gave a nice report re the sluice gates further down the road but I am interested in knowing whether or not the protesters got their way re having the sandbags removed from the middle of Nimitmai road. Someone else mentioned that Nimitmai road is now closed but I dont know if its because of the sandbag protest or because of the floods?

ok then... personally i think the Gamling one is still better. it's easier to use what with the water height icons etc and with Thais updating as well it's going to be more complete. So maybe if we on here update both.. HOWS THAT SOUND.

i'd agree that Gamling would be better...assuming everyone here can read and write thai, [not]...and everyone here is a member of facebook. altho facebook does have some 600 million users, i'm part of the 6.3 billion who's not. the google map can be edited by anyone regardless of membership status or languages known.

not to argue...just stating a fact

and to stay on topic of this thread, a few hours after high tide, soi 8 Bang Khun Non rd in Bangkok Noi was pouring water out onto the main rd from a breach in the Canal wall. But as tide shifted the deluge backed off thus allowing the water on Bang Khun Non to drain.

Sois 2 thru 12 [at least] along the southern side of Bangkok Noi are all flooded between 40c and 80c

Off topic posts removed; this thread is for flood information ONLY

And just as an FYI to those people who seem to think that there is some kind of slacking going on here, Lite Beer posted 12 hours non stop with no breaks. People need to eat. Instead of being ugly about it, perhaps you should show some appreciation. And that is the end of that. I do hope I have been perfectly clear here.

Reports on flooding ONLY.

Report from Wat Lad Phrao: Klong Lad Phrao is still very high, and has been that way for the last day or so. It may be rising ever so slightly. There is some minor spill over into the temple grounds, but this is not abnormal (they often flood from heavy rain and are slow to drain). If you're too lazy to head out & check your nearest klong I recommend http://dds.bangkok.go.th/Canal/, which has given me accurate real time water levels at Wat Lad Phrao for many days now.

just 15 minutes ago on Thai PBS English news, they reported that some parts of the sandbag dyke been damaged, and to be repaired.

it is worrying and is very annoying :-(

Can anyone report the outcome of the protest at the intersection of Nimitmai rd and Hat Thai Mit road? Andy Farang gave a nice report re the sluice gates further down the road but I am interested in knowing whether or not the protesters got their way re having the sandbags removed from the middle of Nimitmai road. Someone else mentioned that Nimitmai road is now closed but I dont know if its because of the sandbag protest or because of the floods?

i'd agree that Gamling would be better...assuming everyone here can read and write thai, [not]...and everyone here is a member of facebook. altho facebook does have some 600 million users, i'm part of the 6.3 billion who's not. the google map can be edited by anyone regardless of membership status or languages known.

not to argue...just stating a fact

and to stay on topic of this thread, a few hours after high tide, soi 8 Bang Khun Non rd in Bangkok Noi was pouring water out onto the main rd from a breach in the Canal wall. But as tide shifted the deluge backed off thus allowing the water on Bang Khun Non to drain.

Sois 2 thru 12 [at least] along the southern side of Bangkok Noi are all flooded between 40c and 80c

Ok... without getting into a slagging match .. You are one of the 400 million google users. good. Because you need a google account to edit the Bangkok flood map... Google chrome will translate the thai and google translate will translate the english into thai. Also the Gamling map has cute icons so you don't have to read..just saying....

Staying on topic the Tha chin river in samphran ,nakhon pathom is VERY, very high.. expect localised flooding.

just 15 minutes ago on Thai PBS English news, they reported that some parts of the sandbag dyke been damaged, and to be repaired.

Thanks for the info ETatBKK. Yes it is, but I guess there is always two sides to the story depending on which side of the sandbags you are. And it's surprising too ...on my trip well up Nimitmai road this afternoon I was amazed at how many people were relaxing and fishing off the side of the road into the flooded paddies as though this was all normal!!

Thanks for the info ETatBKK. Yes it is, but I guess there is always two sides to the story depending on which side of the sandbags you are. And it's surprising too ...on my trip well up Nimitmai road this afternoon I was amazed at how many people were relaxing and fishing off the side of the road into the flooded paddies as though this was all normal!!

Yes it depends on wich side you are i am flooded now and all those dikes slowing it are not a good thing from my point of view. But from the point of view of those they protect they are.

Yes it depends on wich side you are i am flooded now and all those dikes slowing it are not a good thing from my point of view. But from the point of view of those they protect they are.

I am inclined to think it may be better to not try to control the water, just let it flow freely where possible and maybe some would not be so badly off.

There's a post on another thread that all of Chaeng Wattana road is flooded. Can anyone confirm if Khlong Prapa is overflowing? How is Prachachuen road?

Klong prapa is close to overflowing. They have it heavily sandbagged close to Pongpetch junction near The Mall Ngamwong. I went by there today.

Update, Ramintra Soi 19 and 21 are half a metre now. Looks like its climbing pretty fast.

I wish to update. Ram Intra Soi 19 (20cm), Soi 21 (15cm) and Soi 5 (10cm) is now flooded. My security is now pumping water out of my moo baan Patra's drains, inside moo baan is still dry.

If you go along Ram Inthra towards Minburi, can you have check the odd soi side around KM.8?

Our neighbor said that the fields there have some water. After that, maybe go up Khu Bon Rd?

Live in Soi 5 Ramintra. Ramintra main road is high and dry. But water had creeped in at Soi 19 now's about 10cm or less. Expect to rise further but not much and fast.

There's a post on another thread that all of Chaeng Wattana road is flooded. Can anyone confirm if Khlong Prapa is overflowing? How is Prachachuen road?

The other newspaper had a breakingnews timed 09:22 PM with destroyed dyke section of Khlong Prapa fixed by tomorrow with Ital-Thai helping. Not allowed to quote, check there.

i am in Bangbon, and far from the grist mill of inundation, but when I went to the very large tent market just west of here (three kilometers west of the Big C near Bangbon 3) they had ankle-deep floodwater, and rising. This has never happened before, an aging seamstress told me as she made a dress. The water fields are moving south, on both sides of Bangkok improper. As the PM and Governor said, "the worst is over", but only for the SET financial district and hardcore downtown. For the rest of us, the water is coming, and to keep them dry. I understand this logically, SET and Siam Mall are obviously more important than Teacher Fred, but emotionally I feel like they short-sheeted my bed.