Kawasaki Z1000

karlos

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think you'd be in a tiny minority who find the Z1000 ugly...

I think it's a dam_n fine looking bike-

Here's a shootout against the Triumph Speed Triple and KTM Superduke:

Sorry, Not quite there in the looks department.

post-63954-0-53679700-1319242608_thumb.j

In Oz (yes I know it not LOS) you can "ride away, no more to pay" on one of these for Au$19.990.

Ain't she pretty!

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think you'd be in a tiny minority who find the Z1000 ugly...

In Oz (yes I know it not LOS) you can "ride away, no more to pay" on one of these for Au$19.990.

Ain't she pretty!

Perfect example of how looks are subjective. I find the MV Augusta Brutale in your pic to be incredibly busy and unattractive.

Way too many colors going on and the bike looks like it was put together from an extra parts bin- nothing matches or flows. It looks much better in a solid color with a black frame IMO:

19447d1188514586-mv-agusta-brutale-headlight-sc-mv-brutale.jpg

But hey, I ride a Versys and an ER6n which I know aren't going to win any beauty contests. ;)

Ride On!

Tony

July7VersysBoDin2SSR.jpg

The Z1000 is a great looking bike and while it lacks the top end of the ZX10R it's received rave reviews and is now the cheapest 1000 cc bike in Thailand.

Z1000ShowroomSSR.jpg

Powerful radial brakes and fully adjustable suspension-

Z1000Showroom1SSR.jpg

Inverted front forks adjutable for preload, damping and compression- me likey!

Rear shock with stepless rebound and damping-

Z1000ShockSSR.jpg

Cockpit is tidy and simple-

Z1000ShowroomCPSSR.jpg

A couple complaints-

No ABS option offered in Thailand :( Riding the slippery streets of Bangkok I've come to appreciate the added security ABS can provide.

How come the budget Ninja 650R / ER6n get an adjustable clutch lever but the Z1000 doesn't? Weird, but easily sorted with an ER6 clutch perch and lever.

Z1000Showroom2SSR.jpg

There's already a long waiting list for the Z1000 in Thailand- Kawasaki can't import them fast enough!

Let the Good Times ROLL! KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Tony

can you fit anymore watermarked pictures into that post ?....... :whistling:

Haha, Tony does love his pictures!

Out at the track a couple of days ago and lone behold, one rolls up. I have to say - in person it's a pretty ugly bike. It sounds great and probably drives even better....but what's with this half-fairing Ducati Diavel look? Might as well be driving a truck :lol:

It's trying to look tough, but coming up way short. Kawasaki need to rethink a lot of their designs IMHO

Awesomeness.. Anyone knows when they start delivering? Are they sellings 2012's?

I wouldn't trust the specification brochures they are handing out at any kawasaki dealership in Thailand.. anyone know for sure if they are selling a special edition with restrictions or if it is full power.

Cheers,

Dunder

Edited by dunder

The Z1000 is a great looking bike and while it lacks the top end of the ZX10R it's received rave reviews and is now the cheapest 1000 cc bike in Thailand.

Z1000ShowroomSSR.jpg

Powerful radial brakes and fully adjustable suspension-

Z1000Showroom1SSR.jpg

Inverted front forks adjutable for preload, damping and compression- me likey!

Rear shock with stepless rebound and damping-

Z1000ShockSSR.jpg

Cockpit is tidy and simple-

Z1000ShowroomCPSSR.jpg

A couple complaints-

No ABS option offered in Thailand :( Riding the slippery streets of Bangkok I've come to appreciate the added security ABS can provide.

How come the budget Ninja 650R / ER6n get an adjustable clutch lever but the Z1000 doesn't? Weird, but easily sorted with an ER6 clutch perch and lever.

Z1000Showroom2SSR.jpg

There's already a long waiting list for the Z1000 in Thailand- Kawasaki can't import them fast enough!

Let the Good Times ROLL! KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Tony

can you fit anymore watermarked pictures into that post ?....... :whistling:

Ummm where are your un-watermarked pictures then. Ahhhh i remember your UN-OFFICIAL... UNAUTHORISED multi franchise Kawasaki scooter shop does not have stock......................I think one will be a bit more than 10,000b more... knobby.

Thanks for the pictures Tony

Ain't she pretty!

Perfect example of how looks are subjective. I find the MV Augusta Brutale in your pic to be incredibly busy and unattractive.

Way too many colors going on and the bike looks like it was put together from an extra parts bin- nothing matches or flows. It looks much better in a solid color with a black frame IMO:

19447d1188514586-mv-agusta-brutale-headlight-sc-mv-brutale.jpg

But hey, I ride a Versys and an ER6n which I know aren't going to win any beauty contests. ;)

Ride On!

Tony

July7VersysBoDin2SSR.jpg

The Versys isn't really ugly, just visually challenged! :whistling:

In Oz the 2009 Z1000 came in a beautiful golden colour.....and an attractive green. I luv that golden colour.