Westfield Kit Cars Pattaya, Any Information

tomtaylor1

I would also really like to know about this.

I also saw a Caterham for sale (1MB) on Baht and sold.

My greatest concern would be the legality of driving such a vehicle on the roads. It is my understanding (which may be wrong) that these cars are illegal as the wheels are outside the body.

well same stylie as the KTM xbow and they are legal.

My greatest concern would be the legality of driving such a vehicle on the roads. It is my understanding (which may be wrong) that these cars are illegal as the wheels are outside the body.

I really am hoping they are legal. It would be interesting to know from anyone with first hand information whether or not they can get the Westfield road legal.

There is also a company who make Porsche 356 replicas with Subaru engines.. I'm not sure if these are road legal either.

It could be a 'kit car' issue.

I really am hoping they are legal. It would be interesting to know from anyone with first hand information whether or not they can get the Westfield road legal.

There is also a company who make Porsche 356 replicas with Subaru engines.. I'm not sure if these are road legal either.

Is there a "kit car" issue here?...as long as you can prove the "base" car chassis and engine #??...just asking...:whistling:

Is there a "kit car" issue here?...as long as you can prove the "base" car chassis and engine #??...just asking...:whistling:

I've no idea. I suspect that some of the motoring forum experts may know more.

A quick search led me to this thread

Along with the OP: I'm very interested to learn of any first hand information owners may have.

... My greatest concern would be the legality of driving such a vehicle on the roads. It is my understanding (which may be wrong) that these cars are illegal as the wheels are outside the body.

Exposed wheels/tyres are not necessarily the problem. Kampon Tansacha, the owner of Nong Nooch, has a Radical SR3, an Ariel Atom, a KTM X-Box, and a Lotus 340-R in his collection, all road legal.

... My greatest concern would be the legality of driving such a vehicle on the roads. It is my understanding (which may be wrong) that these cars are illegal as the wheels are outside the body.

Exposed wheels/tyres are not necessarily the problem. Kampon Tansacha, the owner of Nong Nooch, has a Radical SR3, an Ariel Atom, a KTM X-Box, and a Lotus 340-R in his collection, all road legal.

BUT he is also a very well connected extremely RICH gentleman. Not saying that can have a bearing..................ok yes i amcool.gifbiggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Westfield for information some time back. Slow to respond to initial query and very little information came back.They did check out my IP to see where I was based though. Very odd. I would not really want to deal with some company more interested in my IP to see where I live than in giving me details of offers, prices etc.

Send Westfield an email and ask him.

My last email was that he was importing one for the road and no problem for a book.

3 million for a base spec seemed a bit fresh and so far I am having trouble convincing myself

3 million? Why would you bother?

Send Westfield an email and ask him.

My last email was that he was importing one for the road and no problem for a book.

3 million for a base spec seemed a bit fresh and so far I am having trouble convincing myself

3 million? Why would you bother?

Wow - I thought it was more in the range of 1.3 MB (I can't recall where I got such figure from though)...

i'm familiar with this company in the states that does various porsche replicas. based

on a steel-tube frame not a VW belly-pan. i believe also they have been installing

subaru engines as an option to the traditional VW motor they usually use. i did see a

356 replica tooling around patters once. no idea it's origin or company of manufacture. :huh:

http://www.beckspeedster.com/