Pheu Thai And Red Shirts Do Nothing To Help Their Own

webfact

Could that mean that the stickers are only on one side?

The original shot questioned by Monkfish was of the sticker on the other side. Then someone else posted a shot of the other side of the boat - which also had the sticker - to discredit Monkfish's allegation.

So they've probably taken it off. Or maybe they haven't. Depends how you feel, really.

You're right. The first picture (around post 100) had the stickers on the right hand side. The second picture (around post 200ish) had the sticker on the left.

I would assume that they removed the stickers from both sides.

I assume that these boat people are young men....

I used to think that many Thailand expats of a "certain age" were ex-hippies and survivors of the sixties; apparently I was wrong. Doing something that you think is cool and affronts the older generation is a part of the transition from adolescence to adulthood. Were any of you guys who are appalled at the boat stickers never in any way rebellious? Was your hair too long? Did you listen to music that was a cacophony to your parents? Did you experiment with alcohol and soft drugs (perhaps you didn't inhale)? Did you lust after young women? I could go on but I don't expect to convince any of you that there was unlikely to be a malign intent in what these silly individuals did , merely the thoughtlessness of young adulthood

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original shot questioned by Monkfish was of the sticker on the other side. Then someone else posted a shot of the other side of the boat - which also had the sticker - to discredit Monkfish's allegation.

So they've probably taken it off. Or maybe they haven't. Depends how you feel, really.

You're right. The first picture (around post 100) had the stickers on the right hand side. The second picture (around post 200ish) had the sticker on the left.

I used to think that many Thailand expats of a "certain age" were ex-hippies and survivors of the sixties; apparently I was wrong. Doing something that you think is cool and affronts the older generation is a part of the transition from adolescence to adulthood. Were any of you guys who are appalled at the boat stickers never in any way rebellious? Was your hair too long? Did you listen to music that was a cacophony to your parents? Did you experiment with alcohol and soft drugs (perhaps you didn't inhale)? Did you lust after young women? I could go on but I don't expect to convince any of you that there was unlikely to be a malign intent in what these silly individuals did , merely the thoughtlessness of young adulthood

Not many of us whore t-shirts or other assorted items alienating other groups of people.

I'm sure you will agree that politicians,in this case their boats, are always pictured from their best looking side. :)

Nice perspective. I agree about the likeliness of mal-intent. I felt that way before there was a first-hand account, mostly because human nature is strongly aligned in the opposite direction, and in a time of crisis, people are almost always generous and helpful even toward complete strangers.

Good news everybody! It looks like they removed the famous stickers! :whistling:

So, either they took Nick's advice or somebody else told them that it might be a good idea to remove the stickers if their intention is to help everybody.

However, as expected I was not "disappointed" in finding the boats once again stationary at their tends.

Well, one can only ask for so much.....

Thanks for the photo!

It seems they started to consider the views of others outside their immediate circle of friends. Fair enough. If they'd known how upset some anonymous farangs would get because of their sticker, they would probably have [complete the sentence for your own amusement].

The whole issue came to light and was derived from Thais that were upset by it.

All the photos initially posted came from Thai forums and emails.... well, except for the anonymous farang who didn't believe it and ginned up a huge FAKE photo reproduction of it and maintained his belief, along with others, of refusing to believe they were real.

Whatever the reason that that particular "splinter Red Shirt" group had for removing the stickers, its removal was replaced with perhaps yet another splinter Red Shirt group doing similar with the Maxliner boats as evidenced by yet another Thai photograph and comments of the latest photo.

I assume the anonymous farang is myself?? :lol:

The main point I wanted to make with my picture is it's dead easy to make a fake image and cause a huge stir in social networks arena.

Just look at what happened on here! In this time of crisis I don't think such gossip and rumours spread by social networks are helping anyone.

Anyway judging by the image above the stickers already fell off the boat.:whistling:

Good news everybody! It looks like they removed the famous stickers! :whistling:

So, either they took Nick's advice or somebody else told them that it might be a good idea to remove the stickers if their intention is to help everybody.

However, as expected I was not "disappointed" in finding the boats once again stationary at their tends.

Well, one can only ask for so much.....

Thanks for the photo!

It seems they started to consider the views of others outside their immediate circle of friends. Fair enough. If they'd known how upset some anonymous farangs would get because of their sticker, they would probably have [complete the sentence for your own amusement].

All the photos initially posted came from Thai forums and emails.... well, except for the anonymous farang who didn't believe it and ginned up a huge FAKE photo reproduction of it and maintained his belief, along with others, of refusing to believe they were real.

Whatever the reason that that particular "splinter Red Shirt" group had for removing the stickers, its removal was replaced with perhaps yet another splinter Red Shirt group doing similar with the Maxliner boats as evidenced by yet another Thai photograph and comments of the latest photo.

The main point I wanted to make with my picture is it's dead easy to make a fake image and cause a huge stir in social networks arena.

Just look at what happened on here! In this time of crisis I don't think such gossip and rumours spread by social networks are helping anyone.

Anyway judging by the image above the stickers already fell off the boat.:whistling:

precisely - understanding that a photo with no source and no verification might be fake is hardly the same as "refusing to believe they were real", but on the other hand, it seems many were convinced they were real photos long before any verification.

Thanks for the photo!

precisely - understanding that a photo with no source and no verification might be fake is hardly the same as "refusing to believe they were real", but on the other hand, it seems many were convinced they were real photos long before any verification.

That's not even the most interesting part. According to the "journalist", even verifying the pictures are real establishes nothing. What's important to know is what was in the sticker appliers heart at the time of application. Or whatever he says is in his heart anyway.

That's not even the most interesting part. According to the "journalist", even verifying the pictures are real establishes nothing. What's important to know is what was in the sticker appliers heart at the time of application. Or whatever he says is in his heart anyway.

If the stickers are true then I would have to condemn it as I am a person who hates any kind of discrimination at all.

Now go to google and enter the search string below

red shirt buffalo site:www.thaivisa.com"

So how many hits you get! that's only TV and doesn't include Thai forums.

So answer this why do we highly educated Farang make such derogative, insulting, prejudice and discriminating comments about Thai people?

I mean what do we get from it? and do we really feel better for it?

I am just amazed.

Edited by monkfish

If the stickers are true then I would have to condemn it as I am a person who hates any kind of discrimination at all.

So how many derogative hits you get!

Who is worse red shirt or highly educated farang?

"If true" ? Our dear friend NN confirmed it, put on the boats as 'mostly it seemed cool'.

Now skip google and any other type of obfuscation. Be a man, admit you were wrong. All of us make mistakes sometimes. We're not lesser people because of it

"If true" ? Our dear friend NN confirmed it, put on the boats as 'mostly it seemed cool'.

Now skip google and any other type of obfuscation. Be a man, admit you were wrong. All of us make mistakes sometimes. We're not lesser people because of it

He he wrong about what? about the stickers which seem to have fallen off the boats?:lol:

Let's try this you publicly condemn all insulting, prejudice, discriminating comments made on TV against the red shirts.

I guess your not interested to comment on my last post?

:cheesy:

Indeed, by all means, let's drag out the thread even further than the already wasted pages trying to prove the stickers were faked, which failed.

Don't admit they were real, by inserting "if true" and rather than admitting the mistake, obfuscate further and instead attempt to spin off into yet another area.

:D amazing

Edited by Buchholz

So answer this why do we highly educated Farang make such derogative, insulting, prejudice and discriminating comments about Thai people?

I am just amazed.

I'm not sure what your point is. I've got 6 buffalo myself. Though a bit aloof and somewhat hard on the landscape they are lovely creatures and good listeners too. In defense of my cow, it must be said, she is more personable than the kwai. That's not prejudice, that's just the way it is.

I am just amazed.

10800 0.17 secs

Red shirt hero site: www.thaivisa.com

15900 0.18 secs

Nice perspective. I agree about the likeliness of mal-intent. I felt that way before there was a first-hand account, mostly because human nature is strongly aligned in the opposite direction, and in a time of crisis, people are almost always generous and helpful even toward complete strangers.

So now you assume hey are young men? What if they are not adolescent rascals, but men in their mid 20s and 30s?

Personally I don't think that the boat operators will discriminate, but it depends more who controls them, how are they deployed and where, this by itself will pre-determine how discriminatory they are in practice.

NN never bothered to ask where the stickers came from or and in what circumstances they deploy their boats. Seems like pretty basic questions to probe beneath the surface.

I am just amazed.

10800 0.17 secs

Red shirt hero site: www.thaivisa.com

15900 0.18 secs

:D:lol:

"Red shirt hero" site: www.thaivisa.com

7 results (0.29 seconds)

Juke box hero

About 1,870 results (0.29 seconds)

Via google.

and the point is?

Just to have a little fun with the Google results from a prior post - and seeing the result when you put quotation marks around the words smile.gif

Say, this is fun! But what's the point again?

To try to hide that some morons put inappropriate stickers on their boats and that some red shirt apologists tried to infer that the pictures was manipulated and the stickers not real. Before a journalist sympathetic to the organization decided to explain that while the stickers was real their meaning was not, just 'cool'. As we all know exclusion and division of the nation is uber-cool.

Edited by TAWP

Say, this is fun! But what's the point again?

To try to hide that some morons put inappropriate stickers on their boats and that some red shirt apologists tried to infer that the pictures was manipulated and the stickers not real. Before a journalist sympathetic to the organization decided to explain that while the stickers was real their meaning was not, just 'cool'. As we all know exclusion and division of the nation is uber-cool.

Very good summation of 600plus posts.

I am just amazed.

I'm not sure if you intentionally use the google search query in a wrong way, or if it is just a mistake.

--> this will find ANY results for the words "red" "shirt" and "buffalo" ANYWHERE on the site thaivisa.com. The words have no relation with each other & are not necessarily on the same page.

So, for example, if someone made a post somewhere about the landscape of Thailand, talking about a buffalo, it will show up in your results.

Only ONE of the 3 words is enough, so that i shows up in the results.

This is why you get the very high number of results, but it is not an argument that people used the term "red shirts buffalo" on the thaivisa website.

if you want to search for this, you have to google:

"red shirt buffalo" site:"www.thaivisa.com"

you will see that the results are 0

Now, this also doesn't proof, that there's no inflamatory language towards red shirts, it only proofes, tat this exact term ("red shirt buffalo") doesnt exist on the thaivisa website.

Edited by hyundai10

It's the Voice TV approach to manufacturing news.

Three days ago they claimed the military didn't need to move their vehicles from one of their outer city bases to another and showed images of one of their APCs being able to float across rivers. Failing to mention that most vehicles and supplies moved wasn't that APC and it doesn't make sense to leave one type of equipment behind where no soldiers will be.

They where trying to infer that the move was a step in a coming coup.

Red Shirt and PT (Voice TV is managed by Aok, Thaksins son) trying to manufacture news, again.