People You Admire.

tigerfish

Well, there are so many people I admire, but how about:

Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner

She, along with her deceased husband, has managed to totally turn around her nation's economy from a basket case to booming. She manages to be an intelligent voice of resistance to American imperialism in Latin America while at the same time managing good relations with the USA, as opposed to a hothead like Hugo Chavez. Plus, she is both very pretty AND brilliantly competent. Something Thais wouldn't know about.

This is one of those threads we can have a great laugh with. Come one guys, lets have some suggestions.

Abhisit for trying to make honest people out of Thai politicians?

Noo lek at my condo for sorting out all the problems that happen and keeping everything honest and straight (she is the office manager).

The late Lee Brilleaux for the rate at which he could smoke a cigarette

SC

Quade Cooper, entertainer

Bruce Forthsyth for showing you can still be a big celebrity at 85! Isn't that Sir Bruce?

Bruce Forsyth, Nicholas Bloody Parsons, Larry Grayson and Tom Jones are in the small elite group of entertainers who can make a good living lampooning themselves - I aspire to such greatness in my own profession

SC

I hope Bobby Sands, and the others, who's death established murder as the norm in British Prisons find nirvanah .

Could you go a chicken supper...?

The bravest thing that Tony Blair ever did was to betray honest and decent people into the hands of terrorists. I couldn't have done that, and from what I've seen on this forum, there's scarce few of our fellow posters - particularly the Americans, who seem even more bellicose than the English, that could have done so. But, in the face of extreme provocation, to turn the other cheek, and take the long view, and work towards peace...

For all that he was a smiling hypocritcal dishonest toady, if the peace in Ulster is a lasting one, then we ought to admire him (Tony Blair, not the <deleted> terrorists... How much more credible was Gerry Adams when his words "were spoken by an actor?")

SC.

I hope Bobby Sands, and the others, who's death established murder as the norm in British Prisons find nirvanah .

The bravest thing that Tony Blair ever did was to betray honest and decent people into the hands of terrorists. I couldn't have done that, and from what I've seen on this forum, there's scarce few of our fellow posters - particularly the Americans, who seem even more bellicose than the English, that could have done so. But, in the face of extreme provocation, to turn the other cheek, and take the long view, and work towards peace...

For all that he was a smiling hypocritcal dishonest toady, if the peace in Ulster is a lasting one, then we ought to admire him (Tony Blair, not the <deleted> terrorists... How much more credible was Gerry Adams when his words "were spoken by an actor?")

SC.

+

SC ,

peace in Ulster Peace to all athiests dinnae ken or fight , Well is the bairn greeetibn yet

http://youtu.be/oDIcfTQJawAHail

SC.

+

SC ,

peace in Ulster Peace to all athiests dinnae ken or fight , Well is the bairn greeetibn yet

Translation please. :huh:

SC.

+

SC ,

I don't think its about condemning those who went before us, our neighbours or acquaintances, but rather thinking about what those that may have done their bit to make the world a better place, whether we agree with them or not, and how we can do the same, in our own inimitable fashion. I am doing my bit for the national debt by paying more than my share of excise duty...

SC

... sadly (though not for me!) not in the Kingdom of Fife, but...

SC.

Puir Ulstremen .

Let us drink to the Fifers, !! and take a moment for all others who died with the conviction . Francis Joseph Healy -in the water off the coast of Italy surived . John Richard Manning , in the jungle o' Burma - Survived

I loved old Franco for his belief that I was an OK lad and , Glasgow Toll Cross , was the start of the start .

tyger tyger

Edited by onionluke

Hitler.

I don't agree with what he did but you've got to admire his leadership. How does someone get so many people to do what they did?

In fact it was his poor leadership qualities which led to defeat.

Being insane from syphilis did not help anything. :wacko:

Keeping on the Hitler theme, how about

ALAN TURING.

Historians says his cracking of the Enigma code was vital to beating the Nazis. Also, he is considered the father of both computer science and artificial intelligence. Being a gay man under Britain's horrific criminalization of homosexuality laws (the same laws that ruined Oscar Wilde) at the time, he was persecuted towards an early tragic death after the war. Some thank you! That came later.

post-37101-0-71896200-1323346052_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Keeping on the Hitler theme, how about

ALAN TURING.

Historians says his cracking of the Enigma code was vital to beating the Nazis. Also, he is considered the father of both computer science and artificial intelligence. Being a gay man under Britain's horrific criminalization of homosexuality laws (the same laws that ruined Oscar Wilde) at the time, he was persecuted towards an early tragic death after the war. Some thank you! That came later.

post-37101-0-71896200-1323346052_thumb.j

+1...Alan Turing was a hero and his persecution after the war is a disgrace...