Bumrungrad Hospital And Dental Work?

moondragon

Hello all,

I've been thinking about getting some major dental work done in BKK while I stay here since it's WAY cheaper than the U.S.

Does anyone have experience with dental work at Bumrungrad Hospital???

Or could you recommend another dentist/hospital in BKK to get it done.

Cheers,

Moon

Since the same dentists tend to practice at all the major clinics, moving around every other day or so, the quality of dental work is very similar among them. That means you'll probably have a good experience at any of them, but every once in a while may not, and a not-so-good experience can happen at any of them. They do vary, though, in facilities, customer service, staff, and general atmosphere. Prices vary a bit, but not too much.

I was very happy with the dentists at Bangkok Hospital, for example, but getting appointments, particularly follow-ups, there was always slow: they're busy and not too well-organized. Had a similar experience at Bumrungrad.

Getting appointments at the Dental Hospital seems much easier -- their front desk is extremely efficient -- and they do answer e-mails, which many places in Bangkok just seem to ignore.

http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com

I have seen a Dentist at Bumrungrad recently, procedures: x-rays, cleaning (prophylaxis), one filling replaced.

You can choose a Dentist (or any Doctor) here

http://www.bumrungrad.com/htm/eng/main.asp...me=phy/find.asp

Once you choose a Dentist you can make an appointment, on-line.

They are incredibly responsive via email.

On 26 Sep. 2005 I looked for and selected a Dentist, and requested an appointment. I recevied an email from them within 20 minutes, and I had my appointment on 29 Sep. 2005. Note that appointments were available sooner but my schedule did not allow for one of those.

Edited by lomatopo

Hello all,

I've been thinking about getting some major dental work done in BKK while I stay here since it's WAY cheaper than the U.S.

Does anyone have experience with dental work at Bumrungrad Hospital???

Or could you recommend another dentist/hospital in BKK to get it done.

Cheers,

Moon

I highly recommend the Bangkok Dental Hospital on Sukhumvit Soi 49 )across from Samitivej). Very good quality, very efficient, reasonable prices.

Can anybody tell me the price of an implant? I have done some searching and have only found one reference to the price. And it was expensive! I can get one done here in the USA for about $2k. I am heading back to LOS in a few months and am trying to decide whether to have it done here or wait until I get there.

I appreciate your help!

Craig

Can anybody tell me the  price of an implant?  I have done some searching and have only found one reference to the price.  And it was expensive!  I can get one done here in the USA for about $2k.  I am heading back to LOS in a few months and am trying to decide whether to have it done here or wait until I get there.

I appreciate your help!

Craig

You can email the Dental hospital at [email protected] for a price quote (be sure to specify how many teeth). Their prices are quite competitive, you're not likely to find a place costing less that is of good quality. Places like Bumrungrad etc would be higher.

Dental implants aren't that much less expensive in Bangkok than in the West, runnng about 60,000 to 80,000 baht (both implant and crown). While the Dental Hospital is good and generally competitive on other procedures, on implants they're expensive, about 120,000 baht, I recall.

Dental implants aren't that much less expensive in Bangkok than in the West, runnng about 60,000 to 80,000 baht (both implant and crown).  While the Dental Hospital is good and generally competitive on other procedures, on implants they're expensive, about 120,000 baht, I recall.

That's not expensive. In Japan and in Oz it's 180-200K baht per item. A friend just did one in Tokyo, it was 6K US$. Had to go back maybe 7-8 times.

Do them in Thai and what if something went wrong, what you gonna do after 1 month and 20+ hours flight away?

Perhaps, exercise your warranty on dental works?

IMO, it's too much of a major thing to trust anyone outside your own town or country.

• 2 months later...
:o Zowie! Japan is not a place to get reasonably-priced dental work within a reasonable period of time! The dental work I had done in Bangkok was of better quality and the number of times I had to visit the dentists' office were fewer. I actually had a new $3,000 single crown with poor occulsion which I had done in Japan last year replaced by one with much better occulsion done in Bangkok for $1,000. The new tooth feels good and I have a good "bite." If you're going to have work done in Asia, the most cost-effective results may be in Bangkok. Of course, I have no experience with having work done in Malaysia, Singapore, etc.

I had crown done at Bumrungrad several years ago. It did not last long -- broke two times. They charged me full price for the replacements. When the last one broke, I had to have the tooth removed and a partial upper plate adjusted. I didn't go to Bumrungrad for this.

My gf had gone to a dentist at Phyathai Dental Clinec, so I tried that. Its near the Pahythai Sky Train station, just go down the stairs on the West side and cross Sri Ayuthaiya Road. They fixed the plate (by adding another tooth) and charged much less than Bumrungrad.

I've tried YanHee Hospital with good results but it is a long way off on the other side of the river. I've also had Phyathai do other work. Small clinic, women dentists, but I've always been able to see one withour a long wait when I just walk in.

You can email the Dental hospital at [email protected] for a price quote (be sure to specify how many teeth). Their prices are quite competitive, you're not likely to find a place costing less that is of good quality. Places like Bumrungrad etc would be higher.

I went to the dental Hospital a couple of weeks ago for a consultation, cleaning and a missing filling.

The service was quick and the dental work very good. My only concern is that there was little interaction with the dentists. I have some "optional" things, like replacing some crowns, that I want to do later. Can anyone recommend a less hurried place with first class dentists? The price is less important than finding a top of the line dentist and facility. Where do the rich and famous Thais go?

I was searching for a place to get a root scaling and planing (deep gum cleaning, more so than the usual cleaning), and was trying to decide between Bumrungrad and BNH. I chose BNH. I had my first visit last week. Everything was great - my dentist, the work, the staff - until it was time to pay my bill.

The bill was twice the amount that the reception staff first quoted me out of a book of prices. The book quoted 2,000 baht per visit. The dentist told me I would need two visits. She then charges me 1700 baht per quadrant - the side teeth, top and bottom, 1700 baht each, *in one visit. I now have to get the other sides cleaned. The whole procedure will cost me about 8,000 baht when it is done and finished. I found this to be excessive for a root scaling and planing, but I truly don't know.

Does anyone out there know?

Edited by kat