Buying Land, Where Is A Good Place A Few Hours Away From Bangkok?

Hi Guys,

The wife and I have been discussing buying some land out a few hours drive from Bangkok, we would like to have a getaway place that is quiet with lots of trees. We have been thinking of Kanchanaburi and a few other places around there but still want to think about and maybe drive to a few places to check out some places.

Not sure how much Rai we want yet, mybe 4 rai's or maybe less, we are interested in a nice are with trees and maybe a few mountains about if possible.

Thanks

Hi, we're just over an hours drive from kanchanaburi, I would agree with you that kan fits in with what you're looking for, but be careful as we looked around that area and found that a lot of the 'nice looking ' land on offer were not on full chanote, if I remember correctly some of the places we looked at looked great but were on army land, as the wife called it. I'm not saying there isn't any full chanote land available in that area but best to double check before taking the trouble in driving up to view any land for sale, there's also some nice areas driving between Suphanburi and Kanchanaburi with decent roads too although some still under construction

Suan Pheung in Ratchaburi. One of the most beautiful areas in Thailand with lots of trees and mountains. Nice cool weather in wintertime.

We often visit a friend who has a weekend home there.

Edited by Xonax

Finding good land at a good price is HARD work, are you prepared to put in that time??

It took me 18 months to find 10 rai for 800000 baht 16km south of hua Hin near Sam roi Yot.

How was it done, driving down EVERY hard surfaced road and asking everyone we met. Google erath can help also showing you whats where

Thats 800000 for all not per Rai, agents will try and molest you for MUCH MUCH more than that.

Heres the photos, it has mains water and electric on a hard surfaced road no chance of flooding its on a slight hill surrounded by national park. beaches 15 minute drive, diving etc snorkelling 2 hours to Chumphon.

Many times just when you think you have it all sewn up it vanishes in a cloud of smoke for various reasons, this land is NSG 3 , perfectly acceptable.

post-113733-0-54151600-1324790140_thumb.

Edited by travelmann