12 Inch Lizard

dave2

i was walking past the inside of suan dok gate last wednesday when i spotted this lizard or whatever it is ?

on saturday it was still there and i thought it might be dead but there were no ants on it

so i touched it with a twig and it ddnt like that and started hissing at me so i got another pic : )

today i walked past again and its still there so if you want to see it tomorrow and its still there ?

follow the green arrow

enjoy .. dave2

please dont disturb it so other people can see it : )

post-42592-0-16734900-1324474560_thumb.j

post-42592-0-42758700-1324474603_thumb.j

post-42592-0-85166500-1324474634_thumb.j

post-42592-0-05949100-1324474707_thumb.j

I fought one once... they'll come right at you!

From Wikipedia linked above:

When the Tokay bites, they often won't let go for a few minutes or even up to an hour or more, and it is very difficult to remove without causing harm to the gecko. Submerging it partially in water may settle it down, encouraging the lizard to let go, but it causes harm and stress. A less stressful method is to simply put a drop of vinegar on the gecko's nose, which sometimes makes them let go. Its bite is very powerful.

I fought one once... they'll come right at you!

From Wikipedia linked above:

When the Tokay bites, they often won't let go for a few minutes or even up to an hour or more, and it is very difficult to remove without causing harm to the gecko. Submerging it partially in water may settle it down, encouraging the lizard to let go, but it causes harm and stress. A less stressful method is to simply put a drop of vinegar on the gecko's nose, which sometimes makes them let go. Its bite is very powerful.

for sure if one was to bite me my thoughts would be on how to get it to let go with out traumatizing it.

I might lose sleep over that.whistling.gif

Looks too small to be a Tokay, though I'm no expert.

Had one exactly like this whilst staying in Ko Chang, on the wall above the bed. My girlfriend freaked out. I got it out of the bungalow but it started making its way back inside. She told me to kill it. angry.gif Had a nasty hiss on it.