Funniest Things I'Ve Seen Here

nellyp

Two Thais sat on a bike, the one on the back holding a gate. The gate was about 4 foot high and 8 feet long. If the bike could have built up some speed they could probably have flown home.

Two Thais on different bikes carrying a pole that was about about 20 foot long between them one behind the other. The pole was tied to both bikes so I have no idea how they were going to go around corners.

It truly is amazing Thailand

- An entire family on a motorbike, and a policer office directing traffic with a SINGHA beer bottle in the left hand (it's not so funny anymore, I got used to it that's why!) and what's worse is cars actually follow him...that's a Friday night for the police

Policemen riding pillion on 125 cc motorbike's,very effective for catching criminals.

They catch criminals too???? incredible!!

It depends on your definition of "criminal" by Thai standards. Everyone is a criminal until they can pay the appropriate "fine" then they cease to be a criminal!

I have seen a few times a tied pig on the back of a motorbike,in Thailand and Laos, but i could not believe my eyes the other day, when i saw a tied Iguana on the pillion seat, here on the lovely island of Koh Chang

I have seen a few times a tied pig on the back of a motorbike,in Thailand and Laos, but i could not believe my eyes the other day, when i saw a tied Iguana on the pillion seat, here on the lovely island of Koh Chang

An iguana wearing a safety belt. Who'd have thought it?

No good unless you have photo proof. the man in question was the ballast to hold down the metal to stop it sliding off the pick up. he was well and truly asleep

He wasn't the ballast to hold it down. It was just the most comfortable place he could find to have a sleep.

• Like 1

The worst I have seen was in Hanoi. 2 guys carrying a HUGE mirror on a bike. Just looking at it in the Hanoi traffic sent shivers up my spine. A few days later my imagination was realised outside a hospital in the city. They have a board of photos from accidents caused by people carrying stuff like this on bikes. Heads sliced cleanly across the middle, arms detached from bodies with surgical precision and more of the same. Harsh!

Here in Thailand my personal favourite was the family of 4 on their bike going the wrong way down Charan Sanit Wong (I ride this every day, it is BUSY!) wearing medical face masks, but not helmets. For me the immediate and real danger was the oncoming traffic on a tight 3-laned road, NOT the chance of catching the Avian Flu.

I was driving up Asoke towards Sukhumvit yesterday and passed a Pickup with a motorbike tied vertically in the back ..... with a child maybe 6 years old sitting side-saddle on it, facing left - no idea what happened when the Pickup turned right onto Sukhumvit.

Patrick

Some classics on here I'll try to dig out a photo of a bloke fixing his bike smack in the middle of the road. he just stopped and started repairing the wheel. i actually went and put his chain back on for him, he just got on his bike and drove off. Not even a thank you. Today I drove past a similar thing but it was a car changing a wheel parked across the road, not even parallel to it???