New Honda Motorcycles

moe666

Sadly I had hoped for more. But when they said the Dream was an all new model as well as manchester or whatever, I should have known. A PCX 150 may be a new model or just increase in engine size. And I will get one. But really I only see the Spacy and CRF as the "ALL NEW MODELS"

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like this price-poker-games and i would sure not pay 20.000 Baht more for a bike, just because there is currently high demand.

So i hope the new Hondas will be sold at BigC and Tesco for a fix price. Who needs a Honda shop?

I doubt the supermarkets will sell them.

I'll probably get one of these but I certainly won't be paying more that RRP. If the usual suspects try to fleece their customers upon release then I'll just wait until the demand dies down or buy one second hand in a few months time.

If this really is the same design of engine as the cbr250 then I hope they've sorted out the issues with the knocking at 6-7000 rpm (or whatever rpm it is). The rest of the bike looks well built from the photos, I'd have to see it in person but the pics give a much better impression than the disappointing early shots of the CBR which turned out to be a pretty accurate reflection of the bike.

Bit nervous about dealing with APe Honda, but if they've sorted out the engine issues then hopefully I can just service it myself and pray there are no major issues. In the event of a problem I'd probably take it to my regular big bike mechanic before I took it to APe Honda anyway.

Look forward to hearing the (official) price.

I don't like this price-poker-games and i would sure not pay 20.000 Baht more for a bike, just because there is currently high demand.

Good for you; somebody else probably will. So you'll have to wait a while or find a nice dealer (even with the CBR250 there were some dealers selling it for list price). I am going to try to get on a waiting list, let's see...

No use complaining about market dynamics or dealer strategies, really.

So i hope the new Hondas will be sold at BigC and Tesco for a fix price. Who needs a Honda shop?

I doubt the supermarkets will sell them.

I'll probably get one of these but I certainly won't be paying more that RRP. If the usual suspects try to fleece their customers upon release then I'll just wait until the demand dies down or buy one second hand in a few months time.

Yes, i doubt this too but i hope it.

You are right, waiting and buying a used one is probably the best strategy to fight against this price-poker-games.

^^ Actually it is a real shame there isn't a 250cc Phantom. It would be a popular bike with both Thai and Farangs and surley they could bling up the cbr 250 engine and stick it in there?

Really, you would like to have a water cooled and fuel injected Phantom? Would look a bit odd imho. But sure Honda is able to stick this magic CBR250 engine in everything that has two wheel, or three, or four, ... wink.png

^^ Actually it is a real shame there isn't a 250cc Phantom. It would be a popular bike with both Thai and Farangs and surley they could bling up the cbr 250 engine and stick it in there?

Really, you would like to have a water cooled and fuel injected Phantom? Would look a bit odd imho. But sure Honda is able to stick this magic CBR250 engine in everything that has two wheel, or three, or four, ... wink.png

The Original 150 Phantom was watercooled and 2 stroke.. now that was weird. So no reason that the current engine could not be used with a bit of bling.

Looked at a few of the "All New Bikes" Yesterday

Honda Click is a little more modern looking but had no start and stop switch feature like the PCX and slightly more room under the seat. Why not a bigger tank ?

The Wave 110 and 125 are only new plastic. More rounded. and slightly more space under the seat. Why not a bigger tank ? I'll keep my 2 month old one . . .

The Spacy is a name used on Honda Scooter is Vietnam. But this is not the Vietnam bike. A decent size, big seat. useful storage, and 5.5 ltr tank shat should be good for over 250 km

Good work and good price Honda on this one

Honda Click is a little more modern looking but had no start and stop switch feature like the PCX and slightly more room under the seat. Why not a bigger tank ?

The Wave 110 and 125 are only new plastic. More rounded. and slightly more space under the seat. Why not a bigger tank ? I'll keep my 2 month old one . . .

The Spacy is a name used on Honda Scooter is Vietnam. But this is not the Vietnam bike. A decent size, big seat. useful storage, and 5.5 ltr tank shat should be good for over 250 km

1. All New Honda Click 125i: The ultimate development from Honda Click 110i, combined with new powerful 125cc engine and eSP (Enhanced Smart Power). The model is equipped with advanced technology enhancing complete combustion; Intelligent Low Friction, PGM-FI technology; built-in liquid cooled; and Alternator Starter to match with its “AT Full Speed” concept. All New Honda Click 125i has a powerful engine and is fuel efficient.

I think the alternator starter is the start / stop feature same as the PCX.

What is wrong with a fuel injected and water cooled 250cc Phantom? Honda already have the engine and would just need to add chrome bits to make it look better in the frame but yes, maybe they are stretching the uses of the CBR 250 engine in that. They would have no problem casting up a better looking engine to fit in it and it would be a good size engine for that bike.

1. All New Honda Click 125i: The ultimate development from Honda Click 110i, combined with new powerful 125cc engine and eSP (Enhanced Smart Power). The model is equipped with advanced technology enhancing complete combustion; Intelligent Low Friction, PGM-FI technology; built-in liquid cooled; and Alternator Starter to match with its “AT Full Speed” concept. All New Honda Click 125i has a powerful engine and is fuel efficient.

I think the alternator starter is the start / stop feature same as the PCX.

Ahhhh, i was wondering what that term meant.

What is wrong with a fuel injected and water cooled 250cc Phantom? Honda already have the engine and would just need to add chrome bits to make it look better in the frame but yes, maybe they are stretching the uses of the CBR 250 engine in that. They would have no problem casting up a better looking engine to fit in it and it would be a good size engine for that bike.

Nothing wrong with it. I just would not like it i guess. It would not be the same then the good old Phantom TA200 imo.

I didn't know there was a watercooled TA150 before. Thaicbr is of course right about this. But just compare the look of the TA200 with the look of the TA150. For me the TA150 looks a bit odd. But this is a matter of taste. And for sure some people would like a "high tech" FI engine, even in the Phantom...

All Phantoms look a bit odd to me.

My son thinks so too, along with other lookalike bikes, him and his mates call em " fagot " bikes, me being father saying that's not a nice thing to say son.whistling.gif

Edited by Kwasaki

What at a Honda dealer on Rama lX last week. They quoted Bht 79,000 for the PCX 125!!

What will happen when the new 150 is available for sale? Will the prices of 125's come down?

I will think they stop making the 125 cc when the 150 cc hit the market. Don't know it they will drop the price on the 125 in order to get rid of stock, it depends of price of 150cc model.

All Phantoms look a bit odd to me.

My son thinks so too, along with other lookalike bikes, him and his mates call em " fagot " bikes, me being father saying that's not a nice thing to say son.whistling.gif

laugh.png

As the bikes go trickling in to dealers . . .

The Waves look fatter plastic and not to my taste of style but really just the same

The Click again slightly restyled, I wished for a bigger fuel tank, as I do with all bikes. and have high hopes for the new engine, time will tell

CBR "all new" means stickers . . . in AP honda talk

The "Spacy" is air cooled, 110 (108CC) but good size and large storage and 5.5 fuel tank with a 51 km/l rating Large seat for the larger Thai and us falong. Maybe my new grocery getter in the PCX goes too high in price

I have heard this year PCX will come with Spoke or Cast wheels. Let's see how that works out . . . .

Overall though, I am disapointed in the use of the word ALL NEW it just could have been so much better And some I don't see going in the right direction. Fatter size with not better performance or KM/L So what is the point ????

The new Click 125 has a 5.5 liter tank compared to a 3.6 liter tank on the Click 110.

I agree that the Spacy will make a great grocery getter. I have ridden it and it is quite nippy through traffic. The seat is very comfortable and I was able to fit my full face Shoei X-12 under it. We have one available for test rides, if anyone is interested.

I also agree that changing stickers doesn't really make a new model. It's too bad they didn't tweak the design of the CBR 150 a bit more.

Edited by SumetCycle

The new Click 125 has a 5.5 liter tank compared to a 3.6 liter tank on the Click 110.

I agree that the Spacy will make a great grocery getter. I have ridden it and it is quite nippy through traffic. The seat is very comfortable and I was able to fit my full face Shoei X-12 under it. We have one available for test rides, if anyone is interested.

I also agree that changing stickers doesn't really make a new model. It's too bad they didn't tweak the design of the CBR 150 a bit more.

I find it funny that no where does AP Honda have a fuel rateing for the new ESP click like they do for every other bike on therie web site. Any ideas what honda rates it at km per L ?

I find it funny that no where does AP Honda have a fuel rateing for the new ESP click like they do for every other bike on therie web site. Any ideas what honda rates it at km per L ?

No figures on the World Honda site either, its supposed to be a global engine so you'd think there'd be mileage out there somewhere.

"eSP” stands for enhanced (reinforced, with greater value), Smart (refined, high-precision and highly sensitive) and Power (motive power, engine). eSP is the general term for liquid-cooled engines for scooters achieving both higher environmental performance and greater dynamic performance through use of advanced technology for higher fuel efficiency and an ACG starter.

http://world.honda.com/news/2012/2120110New-Click-125i-Thailand/index.html

Sorry, but I'm not sure how many kilometers per liter the Click 125 gets. I'll let you guys know as soon as I have more info.

For what it's worth, my 2009 110cc Click has gotten 45.8km/L in 26,000 km of admittedly hard use. I don't know how that compares to other models but I absolutely love it.

I use the Gas Cubby app on iPhone and track nearly every fill.

Speaking with the main Honda dealer in krabi today he tells me 1 off the new hondas to be released is the Honda goldwing so I take it they ate just gonna be importing the big bikes as I can't see that being made here ,so I would not expect any of these big bikes to be coming in at a realistic/fair price.