Baby Product Websites

Captain Haddock

I have a 5 month-old baby, and want to buy some safe stimulation/activity toys for her.

I did a websearch, and found that the UK, Australian and American websites seem to deliver only to their own countries, and not Thailand.

Does anyone know of any such sites, please?

I know there are three Mothercare shops in Bangkok, but I live 1000 km down south in NST, so they're not an option, and it seems that they don't deliver/ have a catalogue I can choose from (my Thai wife phoned them). No Early Learning Centre either.

Thanks...

I have a 5 month-old baby, and want to buy some safe stimulation/activity toys for her.

I did a websearch, and found that the UK, Australian and American websites seem to deliver only to their own countries, and not Thailand.

Does anyone know of any such sites, please?

I know there are three Mothercare shops in Bangkok, but I live 1000 km down south in NST, so they're not an option, and it seems that they don't deliver/ have a catalogue I can choose from (my Thai wife phoned them). No Early Learning Centre either.

Thanks...

I think it has something to do with packaging and customs. Some items can be heavy, 5-10kg or more and freight could be more expensive than the goods.

Also, my stroller was 800US$ (with car capsule) and no way somebody would just deliver it after the Internet purchase without custom and taxes paid on it.

The Emporium (and another one, can't remember, Central Chidlom?) has a good shop, Japanese "Combi" brand, probably world leading in quality and engineering.

http://www.combi-intl.com

See if the goods can be bought off the Emporuim site.

When I needed baby things, went there and bought what they had and ordered from their catalog what was not in stock. The goods arrived in a few weeks (they order quarterly) and were delivered to our home (in BKK at no charge).

The price was almost exactly the same as in Japan where the goods originated from.

If nothing esle works, try this BKK based non-profit site, someone there should be able to help:

http://www.bambi-bangkok.org

Yes, leisurely, there's a Robinson in NST, and I've been to Had Yai and seen the Central there. Choice is much the same, and I bought a Camera folding playpen in the Diana mall, as Robinson's and Central didn't have much of a choice.

The main concern for me is the quality and safety standard. In the EU, there are all sorts of vigorous safety checks and standards. Over here, there aren't. I don't want my child sucking away on a lead-painted toy, just because that's what is available. You get the idea, I'm sure.

Mothercare/ELC are British based, so I'm assuming their range will be of superior quality (and expense!), even if most of the stuff is actually produced in Asia...

I bought quite a lot of lamaze toys from central. The are stimultating and safe. Also a range which is made in Thailand and exported and whose name I forget. It is wooden and has the eec compliance mark on it. I saw it for sale in the UK over the summer and it was 200% more expensive there.

I bought quite a lot of lamaze toys from central. The are stimultating and safe. Also a range which is made in Thailand and exported and whose name I forget. It is wooden and has the eec compliance mark on it. I saw it for sale in the UK over the summer and it was 200% more expensive there.

Is it Plan Toys you were thinking of. Available at Robinson, Tesco & Carefour.

Also Tomy is another good quality local toy manufacrurer.

Generally the quality and range of infants toys in thailand is very poor compared to the west.