Lost Forever?

Hi there!

On leaving Thailand a few years back, I left a small amount of money in a S.C.B account.

The branch was Hat Lamai (Samui). I've got no atm card as that split ! I did however find a transaction record that had my customer No, and I.D.

Using the banks website hasn't helped , as I can't speak Thai, and efforts to contact the bank through email keep failing. Any idea's??

Thanks for any help

yordyiam

You don't say how much money was in the account. I'm thinking Thai banks will automatically close a dormant account with less than xxx baht in it. We were told by BBL a year or two ago that one account we had with less than 500 baht would be closed if no activity for a year.

Edited by longball53098

licklips.gif Almost sure the bank will require you to physically visit them with proof of identity (passport and/or valid photo I.D.) to even to start reinstating the account. Then there's no guaruntee without a passbook.

So, depending on the amount of money, decide if it's worth the cost and difficulty of going there in person with that proof of identity.

If it isn't worth it, just say goodbye to the money.

licklips.gif

licklips.gif Almost sure the bank will require you to physically visit them with proof of identity (passport and/or valid photo I.D.) to even to start reinstating the account. Then there's no guaruntee without a passbook.

So, depending on the amount of money, decide if it's worth the cost and difficulty of going there in person with that proof of identity.

If it isn't worth it, just say goodbye to the money.

licklips.gif

It depends on the type of account. I don't like SCB, but had to open an account there to receive my salary. I kept 1000 baht there after I left the company, and took my bank book to the machine to have it updated about 18 months later, and found the account empty and closed. There was a monthly fee for NO ACTIVITY!

Not all Thai banks are like this. My Bangkok Bank has seen no activity for over two years (while I was working in another country), and the only entries were nominal interest payments, so I had more than I left in the account!

SCB is, IMHO, very snooty, and unworthy of my business.

Thanks all!,The account had about , so, I'm not going to get too upset if in the worse case the Bank has closed the account. In all honesty, I only wanted to see if the account still existed, maybe with the intention of transfering little bits into it from time to time ( I'm not working ).

Thanks for your time anyway.

yordyiam.

If you had an ATM card in the past, you had a PIN number. Their online banking is in English as well as Thai and you just need your ATM PIN number to access it. You will be able to see your balance. It's straightforward.

https://www.scbeasy.com/v1.4/site/presignon/index_en.asp

Another problem solved. Another happy customer. wai.gif